• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Landry Fields on trade deadline 2024

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If we aren't gonna buy players or spend more money, don't play useless vets.. play young kids... 

I'M SICK OF IT... PLAY THE F'N KIDS MAN

WE AREN'T WINNING GAMES WITH WES MATTHEWS, METH BOGI, OR PATTY CAKE MILLS so let's get on with it.. nothing to lose. 

:good:

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This is it.  

They aren't winning anything this year regardless.  To put up some charade that Patty Mills or Wes Matthews gives us a better chance to win is idiotic.  Play Kobe. Play AJ.  Play the young guys with Trae and DJ and JJ and OO.  Don't waste the 30 games you have left.  Use that time to develop the young guys so you know what you have this summer and who knows, maybe one or two pop and you either get added trade value or keep them in the future plans.  There's literally no downside to playing these guys as long as you recognize that the Hawks aren't winning ish this year regardless.  

:good:

• Premium Member

I have reached the point I hate Ressler more than I hate the A$G. Those idiots never had the money necessary to actually own either the Hawks or Thrashers. So it was more lack of money than wanting to win on their part.

Ressler? He is the seventh richest owner in the entire NBA and has consistently had us as one of the lowest payrolls in the entire NBA. And yet he pays lip service to wanting to win. Jacks up ticket prices...and fails to deliver a winning product to explain the price increase.

We need Messy Ressy gone.

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have reached the point I hate Ressler more than I hate the A$G. Those idiots never had the money necessary to actually own either the Hawks or Thrashers. So it was more lack of money than wanting to win on their part.

Ressler? He is the seventh richest owner in the entire NBA and has consistently had us as one of the lowest payrolls in the entire NBA. And yet he pays lip service to wanting to win. Jacks up ticket prices...and fails to deliver a winning product to explain the price increase.

We need Messy Ressy gone.

I said this mid-offseason and folks scoffed at me.  This smells like vindication. 

Guy is willfully depressing spending and really doesn't have to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Let me just say this...

Travis is gone.  Travis had a plan.  We can identify that.  But was it a good plan?  He wanted to recreate what GS has:

• Trae = In the Role of Steph. 
  • Kev = In the Role of Klay
  • DHunter = In the Role of Barnes. 
  • Cam = In the Role of Draymond
  • Clint = In the Role of Zaza or Bogut or whoever.
  • Shooters and Defenders off the bench.

He built that way and found 

• Cam = Headcase... Had to find another 4 who can possibly run an offense and play good defense.  Enter JJ. 
  • Kev was a decent 3 point shooter but not Klay like.. Especially on defense. 
  • Trae = Different than Steph.  Handles the ball more. Likes running the offense.

The reason he balked at getting DJ is not because of the picks.  Even he knows that you have to spend capital in order to get good players.   DJ doesn't fit in his system because he didn't need another Ball handler at the 2... he needed a marksman.

Bottom line is Travis plan was never going to work even if fully implemented because GS is specific.  Moreover, that style of team cannot win any more.   Teams are going back to the bigs.   So yes, Travis had a plan, but it is a losing plan.  What we have to do now is rebound and come up with a better plan.   That's what Landry is trying to figure out.  What do you do with the players we have?  He has to lean on Quin's preference.  Nobody knows what a QuinGuy is though.   We're looking for Joe Ingles or Gobert.   It is easy to win when you have a HOF defensive player..

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

That definitely shows a commitment to running the team on the cheap.  We've been in the playoffs every one of those seasons and every year teams that spend less than us are almost all out of the playoffs. 

The question is.. if he gets a worse return on his investment, would he invest more or sell?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The question is.. if he gets a worse return on his investment, would he invest more or sell?

I don’t think his return on investment when he sells the team will be very much dependent on the team’s record but I would say that he would invest more if it made sense in terms of team valuation.  But I think it doesn’t so he is looking at a very strong return when he sells either way.

• Premium Member

I just have to point out, again, we have one of the lowest payrolls in the entre NBA and have been every year under Ressler. He's only the seventh richest owner in the ENTIRE league. 

You aren't going to win if you aren't willing to pay for the talent. 

Landry Fields asking for patience when we're what 3 years removed from the ECF run is rich.

I know, I know, my sources and those with @NBASupes and @Mikey and I believe @thecampster keep saying expect big trades in the summer.

I will believe it when I see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
On 2/10/2024 at 3:07 AM, Sothron said:

I just have to point out, again, we have one of the lowest payrolls in the entre NBA and have been every year under Ressler. He's only the seventh richest owner in the ENTIRE league. 

Landry Fields asking for patience when we're what 3 years removed from the ECF run is rich.

I know, I know, my sources and those with @NBASupes and @Mikey and I believe @thecampster keep saying expect big trades in the summer.

Yeah we're trading for KAT right?  A lot of teams are going to come with offers for him in the summer including the Knicks probably. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah we're trading for KAT right?  A lot of teams are going to come with offers for him in the summer including the Knicks probably. 

The plan is to trade for KAT, yes. I just worry if we have enough assets to get him. The one thing that will put other teams off is his salary. Going from the first apron to the second is a huge deal. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The plan is to trade for KAT, yes. I just worry if we have enough assets to get him. The one thing that will put other teams off is his salary. Going from the first apron to the second is a huge deal. 

This is where Murray is really valuable.  A trade of Murray for KAT allows them to save a lot of money while still having a top 50 player at a position of need.  Not a lot of teams will be able to do the same for them with players signed on UFA contracts.  That said, obviously there are guys on rookie deals or RFA contracts that will also be very attractive if teams are willing to give them up and to take on KAT's salary.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 2/10/2024 at 2:07 AM, Sothron said:

You are correct on spending and NO there will be no big trades this summer.   This is a cheap ran organization, one of the worst in the NBA.   If I was Trae I would look at leaving.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1