• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The propaganda is getting really heavy when Edey’s crew has mlb start pushing him.  Did you see how unbelievably slow his throwing motion was?

So now you are claiming Edey has the MLB on his payroll?

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The propaganda is getting really heavy when Edey’s crew has mlb start pushing him.  Did you see how unbelievably slow his throwing motion was?

Come on KB 😂 

that was actually a really good pitch for a 7 footer.

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Come on KB 😂 

that was actually a really good pitch for a 7 footer.

My first thought was he’s not a baseball player.  Slow delivery.  Slow arm motion.  I mean, there is literally nothing he does that is fast.  

Giving him the Boban comparison is actually a compliment to Edey.  Boban has had an 8 year career.  If Edey does that, that’s a good outcome for someone as big and slow as he is.  

• Haha 1

His lack of foot speed is overstated. Nobody is drafting 7”4 guys because of how graceful they play on the perimeter or get up and down the court. At the very least his length and rebounding at least give him an interior presence which i think would be valuable on THIS team and significantly make up for some of our perimeter defense limitations.

Plus If Brook Lopez can still be playable at almost 40 and Jokic can dominate playing slow AND under the rim I think Edey will be fine.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

His lack of foot speed is overstated. Nobody is drafting 7”4 guys because of how graceful they play on the perimeter or get up and down the court. At the very least his length and rebounding at least give him an interior presence which i think would be valuable on THIS team and significantly make up for some of our perimeter defense limitations.

Plus If Brook Lopez can still be playable at almost 40 and Jokic can dominate playing slow AND under the rim I think Edey will be fine.

Correction.  No one is using premium picks on slow plodders in the modern NBA game just because they are big.  Wemby is 7’4” and was drafted because of his athleticism and what he can do on the perimeter.  You have to have perimeter ability to be a center in the NBA.  

• Like 1

One of the things the Bulls did to Atlanta in the play in game is they pretty much camped Vujcevic at the top of the key.  That effectively puled Clint away from the basket.  With Atlanta's lack of ball containment ability on the perimeter, their guards could drive to the basket at will.  Clint is too slow to recover and rim protect when he's pulled away like that.  Zach Edey will have the same problem.  Teams will not only attack him with the PNR, but they will effectively pull him away from the basket and take advantage of his inability to recover quickly and move from perimeter to post on defense.  

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

One of the things the Bulls did to Atlanta in the play in game is they pretty much camped Vujcevic at the top of the key.  That effectively puled Clint away from the basket.  With Atlanta's lack of ball containment ability on the perimeter, their guards could drive to the basket at will.  Clint is too slow to recover and rim protect when he's pulled away like that.  Zach Edey will have the same problem.  Teams will not only attack him with the PNR, but they will effectively pull him away from the basket and take advantage of his inability to recover quickly and move from perimeter to post on defense.  

Another thing Bulls liked to do was bring in Drummond to dump the ball into the paint, which we had no answer for. 

Edey and OO are both situational players. Edey to go against the big oafs who camp in the paint, and OO for the stretch bigs. 

It’s not an either/or thing where we only want 7’ centers, it’s about having options. And right now between OO, CC, and Bruno, we have no options against big boys. 

OO = primary and stretch 5

Edey = Big big 5

Bruno = 3rd string 5

CC = dead weight 

31 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Another thing Bulls liked to do was bring in Drummond to dump the ball into the paint, which we had no answer for. 

Edey and OO are both situational players. Edey to go against the big oafs who camp in the paint, and OO for the stretch bigs. 

It’s not an either/or thing where we only want 7’ centers, it’s about having options. And right now between OO, CC, and Bruno, we have no options against big boys. 

OO = primary and stretch 5

Edey = Big big 5

Bruno = 3rd string 5

CC = dead weight 

Drummond played 11 minutes in the play in game.  I'm not taking someone with the 10th pick so I can have a size on size match up with a player like Drummond, who has essentially no impact on the game at all.

• Like 2

Lopez, Zubac, and Jonas was on the perimeter and they were lumbering more than Edey. You still gotta shoot over that and it's easy to dribble drive against that size either. Thats.7'4 306 pounds with a 7'10.5 wingspan. Seeing how CC is moving and he's 6 inches shorter and 40 pounds less, let Edey do his thing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Drummond played 11 minutes in the play in game.  I'm not taking someone with the 10th pick so I can have a size on size match up with a player like Drummond, who has essentially no impact on the game at all.

And he also had a 24 pt/25 rb game against us. When Andre freaking Drummond can do that to you, you need help.  

It’s situational. We need size bc we don’t have it now. No one drafted this year is going to be starting for us. 

I'm not saying Edey is the best option, but to dismiss him so hard is a little over the top IMO. I would take an OO/Edey/Bruno rotation over a OO/CC/Bruno rotation any day. 

I’ll be happy if we walk away with Clingan (top choice), Sarr, Filip, Edey, or Ware. All of these guys could contribute year one on a limited basis. Maybe even Missi, but moreso if we trade down for him bc he will take a year or two before he can contribute. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

And he also had a 24 pt/25 rb game against us. When Andre freaking Drummond can do that to you, you need help.  

It’s situational. We need size bc we don’t have it now. No one drafted this year is going to be starting for us. 

I'm not saying Edey is the best option, but to dismiss him so hard is a little over the top IMO. I would take an OO/Edey/Bruno rotation over a OO/CC/Bruno rotation any day. 

I’ll be happy if we walk away with Clingan (top choice), Sarr, Filip, Edey, or Ware. All of these guys could contribute year one on a limited basis. Maybe even Missi, but moreso if we trade down for him bc he will take a year or two before he can contribute. 

I don't want Edey at all, because I don't want to see Atlanta have to slow down all their processes on offense and defense to accommodate his slowness.  I'll take Ulrich Chomche at 10 before I would take Edey.  I also don't want to see Atlanta become a slow-paced post oriented offense like the crap Purdue runs.  

17 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

He literally told you he thinks he's worse than Boban. He doesn't just hate Edey. He strongly hates Edey. He's just not on board with Edey. I feel the same about Ware but I'll give Ware is props for what he is. KB literally can't. He doesn't believe any metrics saying good and only seeks bad film only. He just seriously hates him. 

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don't want Edey at all, because I don't want to see Atlanta have to slow down all their processes on offense and defense to accommodate his slowness.  I'll take Ulrich Chomche at 10 before I would take Edey.  I also don't want to see Atlanta become a slow-paced post oriented offense like the crap Purdue runs.  

*Cue Supes’ combine sprint numbers 😂

I mean, I get it. It’s not the preferred pace of play, but at the same time, we need options. We can’t count on OO to do it all. 
1) We can’t keep giving it up to other teams’ oafs. 
2) Pace slows down in the playoffs and reliable scoring options are required. Edey can provide that. 

He can be a good option even if he’s not the best option. 

11 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

*Cue Supes’ combine sprint numbers 😂

I mean, I get it. It’s not the preferred pace of play, but at the same time, we need options. We can’t count on OO to do it all. 
1) We can’t keep giving it up to other teams’ oafs. 
2) Pace slows down in the playoffs and reliable scoring options are required. Edey can provide that. 

He can be a good option even if he’s not the best option. 

He will never be anything more than a 10 MPG situational big.  He's too damn slow.