• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

13 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Doesn't look like we'll get either of these players where the draft ended up, not saying hawks should or shouldn't go edey at 10 but it's probably not likely considering who will still be there.  Either way I think we're gonna have to draft size moving forward seems free agency is too hard to get size lately 

We absolutely should not sacrifice skill and athleticism for size.  

53 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Honest question tho....is their ANY indication that Edey is even a consideration for the Hawks?  

He is one of the Hawks draft targets that they have extensively evaluated. Then again, the Hawks have about 100+ players they have extensively evaluated. They do a lot of work on prospects and they spend years doing it too. 

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Honest question tho....is their ANY indication that Edey is even a consideration for the Hawks?  

Zach Edey is the most polarizing prospect ever. All sports. I've gotten that he's dividing scouting departments. I am not shocked. Fluidity is critical and even what I consider the most important thing for a Basketball player regardless of race or gender. Edey has poor fluidity and has managed to become a 1st rounder while doing it. 

I've said this before, he even made me work to scout him and I've never had work so hard for any prospect. He's a 1 of 1. 

Even Danny Ainge talked about it in the exit interviews. 

At the end of the day, passing on him but be a massive mistake for any team that does it. You better get all the information you can. As of right now, the ceiling for him is 9 but the floor is steep. Once workouts happen, I'll get more legit updates for Edey's range. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Any GM that takes Edey in the top 18 picks will be fired within 3 years.

Any GM that takes Edey, they would win executive of the year in three years. Maybe two of them in a row. 

Edited by NBASupes

Posted (edited)

KB, how many of your favorite prospects has my boy put in a Backwoods and smoked on them like Ryan Garcia or Tank Davis? All of them?

Wait till Edey is in the NBA, a lot of your favs gonna be in foul trouble and begging for help when the block bully, Edey comes to town. 

KB, I'm gonna personally get you an Edey Hawks jersey when we take him 10th overall. You can wear it to all of the Mississippi State games. 

Edited by NBASupes

I'm not interested in what he's done when he has the size advantage over everyone he plays, and the players he plays against do not have NBA athleticism.  I'm more interested in modern big traits that need to be shown.  Those traits include having a face up offensive game, being able to play on the perimeter, and being able to defend on the perimeter as well as more than one position.  Those are the critical traits for a big in the NBA today.  If he can't do that, then he's not going to play much.  Edey is a 10-15 minutes per game back up at best, and on a good team, he's probably a third center in the NBA who only plays in spurts like Boban.  

• Moderators
6 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

I think its time to put money on this one, AHF u holding it right?

There is already a bet for bragging rights.  Both of these guys have passionate and strong views both on where Edey will be drafted and how he will turn out.  The bet is on where he’ll be drafted.  (Above or below 17).

• Thanks 1

So, it's settled then.  Atlanta is or is not drafting Edey with their 1st round pick, providing someone doesn't take him before our turn.

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1