• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day 3/10

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's the question of the day....

If the Hawks went on an improbable run to end the season and ran through the playoffs (like in 2021) and ended in their first finals appearance....

Would you still want to break up the team?  

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

If the Hawks went on an improbable run to end the season and ran through the playoffs (like in 2021) and ended in their first finals appearance....

Yes. Improbable runs from Atlanta teams have shown to be the fools gold for the FO.  The Hawks as constructed aren't going to make that run, but IF the miracle of a lifetime were to happen, I'd enjoy it and still hope this team is minus a few players next year.

• Like 1

I think the only real change that I would have to take into consideration would be how the Trae/DJ backcourt look in the run. If they seem to finally click in a positive partnership, buying into what Quin is selling, then I would consider keeping both guys. 
A run wouldn’t change my opinion of keeping Trae and JJ off limits, or being open to trading anyone else on the roster for the right deal to improve the team. It may affect what I would consider in trades, i.e. if the returns are for near (players, 2025 picks) or far term assets (2026 and later picks). 

• Like 2

• Moderators

My answer would depend on what massively changed from the rest of the season during this amazing playoff run.  Presumably some things would be radically different so what are they?  Did Dre becomes the team’s leading scorer and jump to 32 PPG on .650 ts% showing he is the big scorer for the team moving forward?  Did CC get benched and OO and Bruno dominated inside while unlocking plays we’ve not been able to do with Clint?  Did JJ level up to be KG junior shutting down opposing bigs and making us a top defense?  Did Trae and DJM stop taking turns and find some new action playing together that makes them both much better than they’ve ever been?  Devil would be in the details and that is what I’d have to consider for whether I bought into the change being sustainable and/or better than alternatives available to us.

• Like 3

Define "Break up the team."  If you mean "Refuse to trade any Hawk" would be one thing, "Flush most all players" would be entirely different.  

Some players gotta stay.  Some players gotta go.  This would be my educated guess.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

The odds of this happening are so slim, but I think everyone here has been waiting all season for more than a week of good basketball. So yeah, if they played that well for three best of seven series you’d have to question things about what to do next year.

Luckily/unfortunately, this isn’t going to happen lol.

12 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Define "Break up the team."  If you mean "Refuse to trade any Hawk" would be one thing, "Flush most all players" would be entirely different.  

Some players gotta stay.  Some players gotta go.  This would be my educated guess.

Precisely this.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 1:32 PM, Gray Mule said:

This.

• Like 1