• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ok draft the next Hasheem Thabeet. Have fun with that. Sarr's offensive game is really rough. According to synergy he misses >50% of his layups. Also, he is not a great rebounder.  He has huge bust potential. 

LOL . . how many layups does he take?  Does his layups outnumber his dunks?

And damn . . . we're used to bigs missing layups.  

Amazing comparing him to Thabeet.  Thabeet never grabbed a rebound, went coast to coast, and finished at the rim.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Sarr's ceiling is Giannis.  A guy who already understands defensive concepts, who could turn into a force at the PF position with the way he can handle the ball. We get a chance to make amends for Larry Drew selling us out after we fired him, and told the Bucks to look at Giannis.

Sarr will be a defensive role player in Year 1 ONLY.  By year 2, Quin will have him shooting corner 3s and attacking the basket out of the high post.

So now that we have a legit shot at getting a guy who can compliment Trae and JJ.  Im going to back off on the trade Trae movement i was on because i can actually see a way of getting a player to compliment him now.   Where as before outside of a miracle i didn't see us having the assets to put the right type of player, team, or star around trae to make trae succeed. 

So now i will probably focus on trading Murray + other assets to get a different star to add to Trae, JJ, and Sarr. 

Would a true stretch 5 compliment Sarr being a monster defensive 4 and JJ a top tier 2 way SF.   Im wondering if a player like Kat at the 5 compliments Sarr or not.    You could probably get Kat for Murray + other picks and players maybe. 

Would a team of    Trae, Bufkin/Bogi,   JJ, Sarr, Kat    fit well or would a different type of player than Katt need to be paired with Sarr to compliment him.   I haven't watched a ton of his game so far so im not 100% sure what type of player compliments him or his best position for us on the team would be. 

Now im also not against trading trae + the 1st pick in the draft if a guy like Embidd or something comes available lol.   But for me to move trae now that we have the #1 pick i would need a legit superstar better than him coming back.

• Like 1

Giannis was what, 3 years in looking like Smoove offensively at times. Sarr is FAR away from his offensive ceiling and while I believe it's high if he can hit, he's extremely far from it right now. 

When his offense finally comes together and that's also an if, it could be 2028. Sarr supporters will sell you a dream none of us will ever live to see without some good ole fashion luck and good decision-making. 

JJ as a prospect who was raw on offense was MILES better than Sarr on offense. Just for perspective. We are years away right now. JJ is in year 3. Year 4 is when he should come close or breakout. Year 5 maybe. I still think he needs to be a big wing where his offensive value just isn't expected to be that high. Defend and hit corner 3s. 

10 hours ago, warcore said:

role players are not all stars

you feel you have to be ridiculous because other people are?

It's hilarious that Sarr supporters think others are being ridiculous.  [insult removed]

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Threezus said:

So now that we have a legit shot at getting a guy who can compliment Trae and JJ.  Im going to back off on the trade Trae movement i was on because i can actually see a way of getting a player to compliment him now.   Where as before outside of a miracle i didn't see us having the assets to put the right type of player, team, or star around trae to make trae succeed. 

So now i will probably focus on trading Murray + other assets to get a different star to add to Trae, JJ, and Sarr. 

Would a true stretch 5 compliment Sarr being a monster defensive 4 and JJ a top tier 2 way SF.   Im wondering if a player like Kat at the 5 compliments Sarr or not.    You could probably get Kat for Murray + other picks and players maybe. 

Would a team of    Trae, Bufkin/Bogi,   JJ, Sarr, Kat    fit well or would a different type of player than Katt need to be paired with Sarr to compliment him.   I haven't watched a ton of his game so far so im not 100% sure what type of player compliments him or his best position for us on the team would be. 

Now im also not against trading trae + the 1st pick in the draft if a guy like Embidd or something comes available lol.   But for me to move trae now that we have the #1 pick i would need a legit superstar better than him coming back.

JoeLLLL is trash.  I was rocking with most of your other points.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

JoeLLLL is trash.  I was rocking with most of your other points.

It don't have to be Joel my guy i was just throwing out a superstar name that has been somewhat linked at times in trade options.  If you like someone else that could be available thats a superstar level by all means trow them in there my friend 🙂     Was the matchup i made of the team a good fit though playing off each others strengths and weaknesses? 

im gonna be honest a guy i would love for us to target is AD although im not sure how we could get him.  If he stays healthy he is the perfect type of 5 you would love to pair with Trae. 

Edited by Threezus

10 hours ago, warcore said:

so now you're calling me stupid? 

Cam Reddish is not Randy Moss. 

You are not some genius. You're just a narcissist. 

Lots of receipts in this thread and I can't wait to revisit all your insane statements when Edey is out of the league.  

[insult removed] Sarr offensive metrics are shit. He got the same damn draft grade on nbadraft.net as Cam Reddish. This kid has tremendous talent but so did Cam. Instead of bringing up Cam, you should think about what if Cam is Alex. 

• Haha 2

I learn from my mistake with Cam Reddish not to buy into flashes anymore. I watch the games and I want to see impact consistency and I don't mind a bad game or two but I need to see impact. 

The difference with you guys is, ya'll love calling me out of my name with the Murray trade and all types of bullshit I told you [] wasn't gonna work. 

I don't believe in Sarr. Could he be a star, yes. Could he even win an MVP, yes but with his expectations, we gotta do this shit 100% right or we can f*** him up before he ever gets started. One thing about Giannis is Kidd had him playing PG, 2, 3, 4, 5, shit. Kidd, had him playing everywhere trying to figure out how to best use him. He had that chance because his team was shit. So much grow is in the process. 

• Confused 1

I am not saying shit because I am hater. I don't want to dislike anyone playing the sport they love. Not at all but I gotta keep it real as this is a 300 million decision that he could costly if wrong and the probability of it being wrong is high honestly. 

I watched this kid, many times. He was on my radar from the jump. Impressed me at the preseason games v. the Ignite. But after watching many games, I fell out of love with the kid. I still think he's a tremendous talent. It's hard to find 7ft+ guys like him. He's rare but he doesn't have an offensive position. He's raw and while he's legit defensively, he has issues as a drop coverage 5 and as a post-up defender and this is in Australia. Not France or a good Euro Cup team or much less, Euroleague team who are elite outside of the NBA.

This was a major problem for me. He does show flashes and he does show clear strengths like his transition offense but it's really limited. It's gonna take awhile. He's gonna have to work like JJ did and even did, he's gonna have to work harder because he's not as good as JJ was. The risk is higher than the reward and @1, that's usually not the case. This could go bad and fast. I wouldn't mind taking him at 10 but 1, that's why I have been out over the last couple of months with Sarr. His offensive floor is way too low. The only player with a lower offensive floor is Ryan Dunn. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

FWIW... You're never going to hear me call you out on Cam.  I was right there with you.  I agree with probably ~70% of your takes actually.  That's the crazy thing about the Squawk though.  One day, you're on one team, the next...you're at odds with everyone you've been handing out likes to.

I can't follow you on this one though.  I'm team Sarr 100%.  I've been studying his game for like 6 months now and I am ridiculously happy that we can get him.

-edit - part of that 30% I disagree with you on is Horford. ROFL...literally my first memories of interacting with you were arguments about HoF Horf.

I am aggy today. This really set my mood to rage mode. I probably just need to call it a day and take a few days off just to calm down. I'll be back on Tuesday. Not posting tomorrow. I'll post the pod tonight and that's it for me. 

So many bad scenarios opened up and honestly, deep down inside, I knew these scenarios were here even at 10. I just didn't want to accept that Atlanta is going in a direction I don't approve of and honestly, won't approve of for awhile. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

you said I was clueless. Obviously I'm not gonna appreciate that.  Just like you calling me a bitch and saying f*** you. Grow up -- you see me (or literally anyone else) doing any of that? No - I have composure. I don't react to things like you -- I respond. 

You are running around yourself in circles contradicting yourself over and over and you're going too fast to realize it. 

Get some sleep supes. 

Congrats Hawks fans!

My bad bro, sorry. I apologize for that. I am going to take some time off. 

• Like 3

[response to removed post removed]

My don't like list is full of failures. That's not a good sign 

Didn't like Culver, Davis with the Wizards, Payne, Shelden, Wiseman, etc. 

You can tag on some of my likes but my dislikes list have failed and I haven't seen one that made it out the abyss 

At this point I think we should delete the flaws on our roster. I would trade Young for 4, 8 and our top picks in 2025 and 2027 if SA agrees with the deal, tank next year for 2025 draft.

Draft Sarr, Clingan and the Best PG available, hopefully Castle.

Try to get Mikel Bridges, we can offer any package including DJM, Bogi, Hunter, OO and Capela. If not available trade DJM to NO for Murphy, Daniels and picks if not keep him.

Castle/Murphy/JJ/Sarr/Clingan

Bufkin/Bogi/Hunter/Gueye/OO

Daniels and Capela.

A team with excellent upside and a lot of picks to build a future. We can even send a package of Bogi, Capela and OO for an upgrade at wing posición.

@NBASupes You brought out the Tank Avatar, you must be hearing some really bad

The silence from Trae regarding this stroke of luck is telling. Ultimately, Trae's Player Option is two years away, and although we were fortunate with this pick, it will take time for that pick to develop. I doubt Trae has the patience to wait while aiming to win. Currently, it's a dire situation.

• Like 1