another competitive game, another loss

chillzatl

• Admin

Exactly what myself and many others hoped for. We played hard, we made it a close game. But in the end we couldn't pull it out.

Jax and Crawford were ON. Crawford has to be winning back some of the fan support he's lost over the years. This guy can flat out play and he leaves it all on the floor. JT had a solid game as well and Collier had a whale of a game, all things considered. I certainly wouldn't mind having Collier, Mamadou and Pryzbilla on the roster next year. Between the three of them I think we could get a lot done.

I also felt Diaw had a good game. He scored more than he did everything else, which is a good thing. Maybe even he is realizing that he's expendable on a team full of hustle players.

Collier is actually a fairly skilled power forward who just happens to be a seven footer. His touch around the basket is very good, and he's really worked on his body since he came into the league.

The guy will be able to score some around the basket and has range out to 18 feet, but he reamains a fairly week rebounder.

I agree though. I wouldn't mind signing those three players to cheap contracts next season.

I just realized that Larry Smith coached Collier in Houston.

Yes and exactly what I like to see competitive game but keep the loses mounting. It is sad that we are cheering for this team to lose, and damn sometimes I really want them to win so bad, but the future is on our fingertips if we get that #1 or #2 pick. I'm cheering for the Bucks to make the playoffs but lose in the 1st round and also want the Magic, Bulls, Suns and Wizards to win.

Crawford can really play, he can flat out play, he can shoot quite well and really take the ball to the hole, great ahlete. I like Collier, the only thing about him, he cant play Defense and he is a weak rebounder for a 7 footer....he is just a decent scorer and I dont think we should keep him. We will have 2, 1st round picks and 3, 2nd round picks. In this draft we will hopefully get a future allstar maybe superstar and we ill also get a potential allstar with Bucks pick and in the 2nd round we will hopefully get a steal and someone that can play some ball possibly 2 players.

Next year's lineup:

JT

Jax - resign

CC

Hendu

Sura - resign

Pryz - resign

Rebraca - resign

1st round pick

1st round pick

2nd round pick

2nd round pick

Diaw

Right there we have 12 guys, say we keep.

Mamadou

Ekezie

Hansen

and I almost forgot with all the money we have we can hopefully sign Kobe but that will be I think out of reach and maybe we can sign a big free agent this year.

• Premium Member

I say we find a way to trade 1 or 2 of those second rounders. I'm thinking:

we could probably get Josh Smith with:

1st Mil, 1st Phi(2007), and 2 second rounders (or Diaw) out of this draft.

If so, my draft would be:

Howard, Smith, and Sato(2nd)...

or

Howard, Smith, and Marvin Williams (2nd).

or

Howard, Smith, and Duhon (2nd).

In that order.

I think we have to remain uptempo and also we cannot waste all of our roster spots and 2nd rounders in the same place.

Ideal going into next season would be:

JT, Jax, Smith, Howard, and Pryz as our starters.

Knight, Sura, Diaw, CC, Hendu, Leon Smith, MamaDou, and Sato as our reserves with Hendu probably starting IL.

To be honest, I can see the Hawks possibly cutting Hendu for the roster space at the start of the season.

However, if that roster is that, in the offseason, depending on what we get from our Cs/Howard/Smith, I would spend time in FAcy looking at all the big names. JT would have to be concerned because we would have almost 20 million dollars to spend on FAs and if the Hawks aren't winning, we might see a changing of the guards.

• Moderators

I've always been a Crawford fan (really!) and could not figure out why he got no minutes early in the season. He is playing good ball now and the hustle is there BUT damn he's got to pull down more rebounds than he's doing. I know he plays outside but he's rebound numbers seem poor... and I've added him to my fantasy team.