• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Troy Hudson?

jezmund

• Admin

very good player. His injury scares me especially since he missed most of the season.

He was clutch in last seasons playoffs but he is very undersized at under six feet. We definetely would have to get rid of JT if we get him since a mini me backcourt for a long period of time will not work.

I would rather focus on getting a bigger guard who can play both guard positions like Crawford and Sura.

I don't think Hudson would push JT out. Hudson would be a quality back up point guard for the Hawks though. He really looked to be blossoming last season, and then the Timberwolves made the deal to get Sam Cassell.

but would he be ok with a bu on a potentially losing team? behind someone that he's proven to be arguably as effective as (JT). perhaps if his injury limits him some, but then again, that'd be a reason to not get him.

I'm pretty tired of not looking at guys because we know we can't play them with JT.

• Premium Member

I say that because it's true. Look at the kind of person that Knight is... Very shrewd. IF Knight can get the same production that he pays JT 8.3 million dollars for out of Hudson for 3 million... You better believe that JT is already gone...

What it really means is that Knight probably has a deal on the line and has a young PG in the draft that he likes .. Could be Harris... Could be Vujacic... Could be Duhon.... Point is one of those could be backup to Hudson for a while...

The other suggestion that I take from it is that if it is true that he didn't want any signs of the Babcock era... Then JT has to be traded too. JT represents Babcock's greatest failure... This is not me being mean towards JT... This is History...

For about 4 years after trading Dominique and having it fail... Babcock pointed to the 1999 draft. Everybody knew we had 4 1st rounders coming and Babcock set it up that we would have 2 exemptions as well. In the 1999 playoffs, Lenny took the Hawks to the Second round where we were outlasted and undermanned versus a very fast and Physical NY team. After that, Babcock traded off Smith and Blaylock for a younger crew whoose pearl was Jason Terry. A Terry lead Hawks team never made it back to the playoffs and Never won more than 35 games. Therefore Terry is Babcock's failure.

The other suggestion that I take from it is that if it is true that he didn't want any signs of the Babcock era... Then JT has to be traded too. JT represents Babcock's greatest failure... This is not me being mean towards JT... This is History..."

AGREED. When I see JT I see the Hawks from 99-2004 the worst

Hawk era ever? Been preaching this. JT was the start of the

biggest failure era.

Sorry Diese, but Duhon is not even considered a 1st round pick, he is a 35-45 2nd round pick, if you want to put the faith on a 35-45 pick then we are going nowhere next year.

As for JT, I know, I know i'm a big JT fan....Why? because he can flat out play, if he puts his mind into it he can play defense and he can do many things. JT is a baller......and yes maybe he isn't an allstar PG, but I think he is decent PG in this league and with someone else on his side that can also handle the rock (Sura) I think JT is definitely a keeper, because we need his scoring and his outside shooting ability.

Knight stated this suring the season, we like what we have, we want to run and push the ball, but we also need a banger inside....who runs up and down the court better than JT? Not many people.

What if JT scores 0 points in a game seven, what would you guys think? J. Kidd did it, to me thats not a star player boys. Dont get me wrong J. Kidd is an allstar but not a star.

problem is, for all JT's speed, he doesn't use it to his advantage most of the time. And he's terrible on the break if he's leading it....something that's unfortunate for a pg.

point of the matter is....we've all liked JT, to one degree or another, in one role or antoher, during his tenure here. However, I have the feeling that most are starting/have long felt that our time with JT should be at it's end. The team has spent considerable time and energy, and passed on others, in order to accomodate JT's abilities and shortcomings in the backcourt. I'm just tired of trying. Bring in a more typical pg and it opens up so many other options at the 2 and swing positon.

EXACTLY........Why do we try so hard to find players that can play with JT. What in the **** as JT ever done? Nothing. Why do we want him on our team? B/c he is supposedly a nice guy? Likes Atlanta? So on, so forth. If Troy Hudson would come here for around 2-3 million, I would find somewhere to send JT.

• Premium Member

It's not about Duhon... It's about Hudson...

I think in Hudson, you get all the same traits you get from JT....PLUS Hudson is a much better defender. If you can get that at half of what you pay JT... Wouldn't you do it?

Duhon is mentioned because he would be the backup... As would Vujacic as would Harris for a time.

I could actually see the Hawks signing Hudson, and making him the starter. I would then trade Jason Terry, because alot of us are sick of him.

I agree I was a fan of Jason Terry, but he needs to go. I would be a bigger fan of his, if he was off the Hawks.

I still hope the Hawks draft a solid point guard with the 17th pick or in the second round.

Chris from Duke isn't even on my list, and I wouldn't even consider him. I like Roko-Leni Ukic and Sasha Vujacic.

hmm. a year long injury really makes me cringe at the thought though. JT's far from perfect, but at least he's healthy. Hudson....couldn't make it back to play, depsite two attempts, on a playoff/championship team that is dire needs of his skills....

at his age (not that old, but not a spring chicken either) and with year long ankle problems....say no. Healthy, I might sing a different tune.