• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe Bryant for ABDUR-RAHIM!!! wat u think?

cyman3

This trade is only for contraversial matters- do not take it too seriously (something to talk about since the offseason is kinda boring).

But what if we trade ABDUR-RAHIM for BRYANT?

THE BAD:

1)Oneal and Abdur-Rahim would make lots of history as the best PF/C in the league now and future.

2)Lakers are definitely champions for couple more years without any competition.

THE GOOD:

1)Bryant can bring lots of fans.

2)Bryant and Terry would be a hellva backcourt.

PG: Terry, Dickau

SG: Bryant, Glover

SF: Johnson, Newble, Kukoc

PF: Ratliff, Henderson

C: Mohammed, ?

• Premium Member

That Shaq was the Youngest player in the History of the NBA to reach 5000 points....

Did you know that Shareef was the second youngest?

I believe that the two would rule Basketball.

Now that the Lakers have Rush, this could be a possibility??

Diesel, you give too much credit to rookies. You think JT is expendable just because we have Dickau, now with Kobe and Rush?

Please, not every player drafted will end up an All-Star. Hawks fans should know about players that never live up to potential.

L.A. traded for Rush to get another shooter off the bench, not to trade Kobe. I know hawksfreak will disagree with me, but Kobe is and will be better than 'Reef, period.

• Premium Member

Expendable means that they are unneccessary... Meaning that the Lakers can throw Kobe away and not miss him.

However, what I am talking about with Kobe and JT is not their expendability because neither are expendable, but their marketability. IF Shaq played next to Shareef, they would RULE basketball.

Shareef is more than nothing.

Being that Shaq and Kobe always have arguments and tiffs, this is not such a bad deal. I only mentioned Rush to mention that they do have somebody to play the position.

There is no way in hell LA would trade Kobe for Reef! That is just preposterous to even discuss. Kobe is on of the top 5 players in the NBA WITHOUT QUESTION and many think he's the 2nd best (I'd put him tied for 3rd with T Mac behind Duncan). LA could do a LOT better for Kobe than Reef from a talent standpoint and that doesn't even take into consideration what Kobe brings to the table from a marketing standpoint. Hell, if we could get Kobe for Reef AND JT, I'd probably do it. We probably wouldn't be as good this year but in a couple of years, we'd probably be a LOT better. Just the excitement that having Kobe in Atlanta would bring would be worth it.

"That Shaq was the Youngest player in the History of the NBA to reach 5000 points....

Did you know that Shareef was the second youngest?"

- do u think KOBE BRYANT would be able to beat SHAQs record considering the fact that he came to the NBA at such a young age and has been far in the playoffs MANY TIMES?

• Premium Member

Shaq and Kobe were a lucky play away from being eliminated by the Kings this yr.

They were A ref's call away from being eliminated by the Blazers 2 yrs ago.

Last yr (or 2 yrs ago now) had the Spurs come into their series with the Lakers with Derrick Anderson healthy... .Who knows. I'm sure they sent Thank you cards to Juwaun Howard.

However, the bottom line is aside from 2 seasons ago... The Lakers have not DOMINATED anything. They have won... Got by by the skin of their teeth... Especially this yr.. AND Sacramento will be coming back stronger as will Utah and Dallas. And even young teams like LAC and Phoenix will try to make their way into the playoffs. The point is the league is getting stronger and the skin of their teeth is getting thin.

• Premium Member

What has Kobe done with Shaq out?

Lose.

Kobe would score a lot.. But hell so would Iverson, Tmac, or Carter. Kobe is not used to double teams and is shut down when teams focus on him. I remind you of their finals against Philly. Because Philly elected to Single cover Shaq and shut down everybody Else... Kobe became a Distant memory offensively. Easily shut down.... And you want him as your only option?? That's horrible. Kobe needs Shaq.

• Premium Member

I think that the guy with the best chance of beating shaq's record is.....

1. Stoudamire (Amare)

2. Brown (Kwame)

3. Tmac

The reason I choose these guys... is that>

Shaq and SAR came out of College early but both played some college ball. The thing that got them to that point ahead of Magic, Vince, Nique, and the rest is that in their youth... They were allowed to be scoring leaders for their teams.

Kobe has youth on his side but he plays next to Shaq. It will be hard for him to break Shaq's record when Shaq is still a 29 ppg player.

I would have thought AI would have caught it, but Jailtime.

I would have thought KG would have caught it, but he had some age too.

Stoudamire has a shot because Phoenix needs a PF. If he can start by dec, he will break that record. He has it in him to average more than 25 ppg.

Brown also has a shot because he was YOung and he's a big man that can score. He needs to play more this yr.

Tmac should break it if he hasn't already.

J. Oneal could have but he wasted a lot of time on the bench already.

Well SAR/Jt together only got us 33 wins in the east.Kobe

is a superstar in this league.he has more value than SAR/

JT put together.

What did Shaq win without Kobe?Nothing but embarassment

from Hakeem in a playoff series.

Last yr (or 2 yrs ago now) had the Spurs come into their series

with the Lakers with Derrick Anderson healthy... .Who knows.

I'm sure they sent Thank you cards to Juwaun Howard."

Please!As if Derek Anderson is any sort of matchup for

Kobe.

"Especially this yr.. AND Sacramento will be coming back stronger

as will Utah and Dallas."

Man Utah will be lucky to get 8th seed.And Dallas,who is gunna guard

Shaq?raef LaFrentz?lol

The only team that has a shot is the Kings and they did't have the

guts to take the Lakers out this year so what makes you think the

same team can do it next year with Vlade another year older.Bibby

overacheved in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

So now you say it's about Kobe being a Superstar.

Well if you want somebody who can get an endorsement, let's trade Theo for Grant Hill. I think Hill still has a contract with Sprite. IF Clark doesn't go to Orlando, They'd kill for Theo.

But back to my point.

Kobe hasn't faired that well without Shaq... And when teams allow Shaq to score and shut down everyone else... (See Philly vs. LAL finals) Kobe becomes a nobody.

http://detnews.com/2001/pistons/0106/08/pistons-233924.htm

In reply to:

Bryant credited the 76ers after the game and again Thursday with playing tough defense, and several other Lakers expressed a similar belief.

"We didn't handle their pressure, we turned the ball over too much," guard Brian Shaw said.

"They played some pressure defense, we missed easy shots, Kobe didn't have a game like Kobe Bryant," forward Horace Grant said.

"We had two key guys who don't shoot the ball well, that's not going to happen again," forward Robert Horry said, referring to Bryant and Fisher.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Last yr (or 2 yrs ago now) had the Spurs come into their series

with the Lakers with Derrick Anderson healthy... .Who knows.

I'm sure they sent Thank you cards to Juwaun Howard."

Please!As if Derek Anderson is any sort of matchup for

Kobe.

Well, anytime you lose a 18 ppg scorer and you had the best record in the NBA with him... It's bound to effect you.

In reply to:

Man Utah will be lucky to get 8th seed.And Dallas,who is gunna guard

Shaq?raef LaFrentz?lol

The only team that has a shot is the Kings and they did't have the

guts to take the Lakers out this year so what makes you think the

same team can do it next year with Vlade another year older.Bibby

overacheved in the playoffs.

This is why they play the game. Sacramento is only getting better. Peja is getting Better. Turk is getting better. But there's still room for others. Watch Dallas. Especially if they get Lewis. Watch Utah.... Hell, even Minn.

JT/Reef combine to give us a legit inside outside presence that combine for about 40ppg/13rpg/8apg.......sorry but no way could Kobe as the only option on our team even come close to that. I would trade JT/DJ/1st unprotected for Kobe in a heartbeat though because SAR and Kobe together would be huge because Kobe would be our #1 option and someone that would get the ball in the 4th quarter.

Well, anytime you lose a 18 ppg scorer and you had the best

record in the NBA with him... It's bound to effect you. "

That 18PPG scorer didn't do much to help the Blazers did

he?Also,the Kings have three or four of these kinda scorers

and they came up short.Kobe would take a big dump on

Derek Anderson.

"Sacramento is only getting better. Peja is getting Better.

Turk is getting better. But there's still room for others."

Yeah and Peja still will airball shots in important games and

Webber will choke again.It will not matter because Shaq/Kobe

are the best one two combo in the league.

"Hell, even Minn."

Yeah,KG and who else?KG was too busy getting whiped by Dirk.

" Watch Dallas."

Dallas can't beat the Lakers.Remember,this team also made us look

like a good offensive team.Didn't we score like 115 points againest

them?

JT/Reef combine to give us a legit inside outside presence that

combine for about 40ppg/13rpg/8apg......."

It doesn't matter.Kobe plays on alot higher level than JT/Reef.JT

plays on a extremely high level in games such as the Cleveland/

Dallas and Seattle games.SAR has only played on that level in

his one 50 point game.

"I would trade JT/DJ/1st unprotected for Kobe in a heartbeat though

because SAR "

you know I like JT as much as anybody,but go suggest that deal

on the Lakers board and watch the laughing.SAR/JT might would

get us Kobe or Tmac.

"Yeah and Peja still will airball shots in important games and

Webber will choke again.It will not matter because Shaq/Kobe

are the best one two combo in the league."

-Bro! 1 shot... and ur rep is on the line. Talk about PRESSURE! Everyone has their bad days. Peja was coming out of an injury, give the man a BREAK.

Its kinda like the time KOBE BRYANT AIRBALLED THE LAKERS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS... but should we bash on Bryant?

I just hate it when MEDIA/FANS beat up on ANY PLAYER in ANY SPORT for 1 crucial mistake...

I will say no more. I think the intelligent b ball fans have left the site lately with these ridiculous post that have appeared in the last week.

Get a clue people.

There is no way L.A. would even consider that.

The talk of trading JT for Odom is absurd. There is no way we are going to gamble the entire season on rookie running the point, especially when we guaranteed playoffs.

Pete will never trade for a person with the moral character of an Odom or Rider again.