• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Christian Laettner

thecampster

First post in 6 months but I've been reading.

Golden State just released Christian Laettner. I'm not considering him as a starter obviously but the guy can score, can play both the 4 and 5 and is a solid vet in the NBA.

If we signed Laettner and Anderson, our first 5 would be

Anderson, Childress, Walker, Harrington, Drob

and our second 5 would be

Delk, Smith, Crawford, Laettner, Collier

Although the vertical leap of that second unit would be seriously lacking (outside of Josh Smith), that is a second unit that can score and has a very high basketball I.Q.

Just a thought.

Just read the Nuggets plan to sign Greg Buckner who also plays shooting guard. This may mean Jon Barry is not in their plans. Buckner is 7years younger than Barry and would probably be a better fit on that young team. We still have to deal with the T-Wolves who have expressed interest in Barry.

• Admin

Minn already has Wally World, Spree and Hassell playing the SG/SF poisitions. I don't see where Jon will get any PT there. Its potentially winning a championship (MINN) vs a lot of PT and mentoring some young players (ATL). I hope he choses the later. It will make me feel better about losing Sura (Which I think was absolutely stupid of us to let him go).

To me, about all we do NOT need is another swingman, and that's what Barry is to me, as was Hansen who we let go. Assuming some of the guys we drafted have close to NBA level games, I want them on the the court learning. In the meantime I'd start Delk and Diaw at the guards, I think they complement each other well. Harrington and Walker the same as forwards.

I would like to see us pick up harder worker of either Leon Smith or Alvin Jones Jr as center projects myself. I think Coach Woodson could turn either of those guys into a very useful rebounder/bigman.

I read one guy that was going to work out in Atlanta was Courtney Alexander... He's just coming of an Achilles injury but is looking to find a place to play

"A month ago, Alexander had planned to work out in Atlanta for several teams. But he said it would be better for him to take trips to meet with interested teams and their doctors."

The Hawks could do with some help in the backcourt cause i dont think any of the rookies are ready and i dont know how much Diaw has improved...

I havent seen much of Alexander... any opinions of him?

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?...47994626570.xml

Well here I go causing a stir, but I am not overly impressed with Boris.

I see his greatest value as future trade potential but that's just me.

2 reasons to giving playing time to C.C.

he can score.

He is a vet that could go to a contender at the deadline for a nice player later. This is a last year for c.c. Playing time plays up his value to help us build by trading for picks, developing younger players.

So in my world, a small forward who can't shoot yet, is seemingly afraid to go to the hole and only has current value as a defensive stopper is third string when rebuilding.

"Well here I go causing a stir, but I am not overly impressed with Boris."

- few guys here have big dreams for Boris... hopin that he reaches his potential to be the next scottie pippen. however, i dont think he'll ever be Pippen.

that being said, im not bashing Boris. Pippen is a top 50 player in the HISTORY of the game.

however, i do think BORIS DIAW is capable of becoming the next TAYSHAUN PRINCE. and while guys like Prince, who may never be an allstar (or maybe a 1 year allstar) in their careers may not produce much stats, they are certainly able to help their teams win a championship starting and playing significant minutes... they are the ultimate ROLE PLAYERS.

guys like Prince do things that dont show up on stats. but they do help win games.

now if NT (DENVER) is the best we can do for Diaw... why trade him? its not as if he has lotta trade value.

since hes not that big in the league, its not a wise move to trade him.