• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need another offfensive spark

Blunt91

Yes I know that it is early to get down on the team but the team with Ratliff & Rahim were bad but they didn't play this bad during the preaseason. I know preaseason doesn't count but why should we tune into the games when we have got Boris Diaw who still refuses to shoot the ball when he is open and Josh Childress who is a starter but doesn't look to score. We need someone else besides Barry to come off the bench and give us points. Maybe Tony Delk will be that man. I think Delk will be just as good as Diaw in handling the backup point plus you know he will look to get his shots as well. I am already feeling like we have nothing to look forward to watching these games. Maybe we should call up Dion Glover, at least he will look to score even though he plays out of control and is incosistent in his effort to play defense.

Come on there are so many new people it is going to take a while to gel. This team has been playing together for what 3 weeks? Look at the olympic team it took them a longer time to start to play decent ball and they had more talent than any team in the NBA. I don't think that things will start to really come together until 20-30 games into the season. At that point if the same problems exist then concern will be justified.

Right now, we have guys who are very capable of scoring well, but they are letting their struggles offensively effect the effort they have defensively. That can't happen. Mike Woodson wants consistent defensive effort from his team first and foremost, and he will use the guys that give him that effort.

Offense will come. Defense MUST come.

• Admin

a little damned patience. I mean we're what, 3 pre-season games into a season with an entirely new team comprised mostly of rookies and people are already coming up with lists of what we need.

We need time to let these guys learn the game, learn each other and develop some confidence. That's ALL we need. If you're wanting something more complex than that, you're wanting too much.

That's a terrible looking building.

How can you tell. They're just now putting down

the foundation.

Same thing with these Hawks. They haven't had time to

get a first name, just a "Howdy" is about it.

Expect a lot of troubles fitting together and fitting

into the system. Remember, everything is new. This

is not the "old" Hawks. They are long gone. This is

not the same head coach or coaching staff.

None ot these new Hawks have worked together as a unit.

It is all new stuff, from the youngest rookie to Mr.

Willis and everyone in between.

We didn't expect to win all our games this season - -

Heck, we've already won one pre-season game. About

the time that 2004 comes to an end and 2005 is coming

into view, then we can expect some of those victories to

come our way. Until then, just hang on and enjoy

the ride!!!!

Go Hawks !!!!!

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

I don't know about anyone else but I have never been so unenthusiastic about the start of a season. I DON'T KNOW THESE GUYS! The only guy I knew was Chris Crawford and he's gone for the season. Did you guys really think BK knew what he was doing when he assembled this present roster? I'll be watching them play for the first time tonight on TNT but I'm not expecting much. Of course there's nobody to run the offense. Getting rid of Bobby Sura was a big mistake!! What we have now is an expansion team. Well you guys were yelling like crazy last year to get rid of everybody and now it's happen and we got very little in return. I hope you're all very happy. Mike Wilkes was released, we need to pick him up. He played well for us last year but we didn't sign him.

u'd rather know the guys, who don't match up at all (sar/theo, jt/dawg) than have a team that matches each other well and has lots of potential and can grow and be added to easily?

u didn't know those hawks in 1988 either, but u got to know them

now u'll get to know this team over the next few weeks and u'll warm up to them as well

• Moderators

Whoa! That's some negativity. This is a better roster than we started with last year by a long shot. We upgraded the at the point, we upgraded at both forward spots and we upgraded the bench. C is the only position we are weaker at.

All teams take time to jell in the nba. We have to be patient, but I guarantee by mid season we will be a lot happier than last year.

Sura, Sura, blah blah blah... We could have paid farrr too much for him to sit injured on the bench (as he's doing right now for the Rockets.)

Give the new Hawks some time.

Quote:

30+ turnovers scares me.

yes, they had a bad night and had a lot of TOs, but the old Hawks team was always in the high 20s, low 30s

but this team kept the turnovers low the first 2 games, getting less than their opp the first 2 games

and this team doesn't know each other yet, so it's getting more from that...and harrington isn't used to being triple-teamed, but will learn how to deal...and we are playing some fresh rookies AND preseason scrubs that won't make the team, so the turnovers are higher

game 1: vs Orlando: 22 tos to Orl's 25

game 2: vs Minnesota: 19 tos to Minn's 19

(harrington had 7...he wasn't used to having double teams AND KG on him)

game 3: vs Miami: 20 tos to Miami's 25

(harrington had another 5)

so why we aren't leading the league in least to's, we are at least doing better or equal to our opps 3/4 games, which is much better than the past team did

and again, this team has only practiced together for 2 weeks! as they learn each other, the to's will go down...most of the to's i saw were bad passes...these guys can handle the rock, they just are working on knowing where each other will be to make better passes

Also, keep in mind that the emphasis has been on defense. The team probably has not put a lot of time on the offense yet which probably contributes to Harrington's to's. Once they start working on where the kick-out should go, I am sure things will get better.