• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

walker is the problem

jceasar

Walker may score but he disrupts the flow of TEAM offense. HE is a black hole, once the ball goes in it never comes out. Every time he touches the ball everyone stands around and watches him force a shot or turn the ball over. I hope he showcases himself well enough to get traded so the youngsters can show what they have. This team has a long way to go but you would see a much more confident, aggresive TEAM without Walker.

Our problem is that we don't have anybody besides Walker or Harrington to rely on to score. For us to have a chance, the two of them will have to combine for 50.

Kenny can't shoot, Diaw won't shoot, and Willis' game is limited to putbacks.

Barry is hot some nights, ice cold the others. Chill and Smooth still need to improve as offensive players. Drobnjak, sadly, is our 3rd best offensive player.

There are other people on this team who can score they just don't get the opportunity with Wakler on the floor. How many times did Walker fail to pass out of the double team tonight in favor of a forced shot. Walker does not know how to make the players around him better. He is a me first player and he is not a good fit for this team!

Both sides of the Walker debate could be argued. He forces up a lot of shots b/c he is the only offensive threat we have. But when he gets the ball, it sure does seem like everyone just stands still anticipating a shot from him. AW will be gone at the deadline. Nene and Dalembert sound like decent options. I'm not so sure about Dalembert. He is going to demand a lot of money this summer when he hasn't done anything in this league. I do think it would be nice to have an actual 6'11-7' guy with athleticism though.

On a side note- Our youngins'look promising. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ivey starting in the next few weeks just b/c he is quicker defensively than KA. Boris has a sweet looking touch on his jumper, too bad we have to be down by 20 points for him to use it. How high would a pass have to be for Josh Smith not to at least attempt dunking it? haha

We here in Atlanta ALWAYS seem to blame the best player on the team for our problems. The problem is NOT Walker. Walker is good enough to be one of the two best players on a team that made it to the EC Finals. The problem is that he needs help. The fact is that other than Walker and Big Al, no other players on our roster are starter quality at this point. We have the worst guard play in the history of the NBA. What is Walker supposed to do, kick the ball out of the double team to our SG who won't shoot (Diaw) or our SG who can't throw it in the ocean (Chill). Our starting PG is 50 years old and our starting Center is 75. We are in a world of hurt this year and we all might as well accept the fact that we are not going to win with the roster as is. That might not be a bad thing. The best chance of turning this thing around is getting a #1 pick and we should have a terrific shot at that next year.

Woodson might as well play Chill, Smooth, Ivey, Diaw, etc big minutes because right now, we absolutely suck. Might as well give the young guys some experience. I just hope we get lucky and win the lottery. We will certainly have a lot of balls.

If my memory serves me correctly, Walker is no longer a member of Boston because HE was not the number one option. He is no longer a member of a WC contender (Dallas) for similar reasons. So while Hawks of past may have been shipped out without good reason, Walker clearly does not fit with your argument. Walker scoring 25ppg on 6 of 100 shooting is not going to help this team. This team needs evryone involved in order to be successful. Walkers presence simply will not allow the younger players to flourish.

• Admin

There's a big difference in being unhappy with your role (Dallas) and demanding a trade becuase you're not the #1 option. Walker was unhappy with his role. He didn't fit in Dallas the way he would have liked.

Trace is right. You can't blame a guy for losing when he only has one other mediocre player beside him. This team is devoid of talented players, period.

Besides, who should be taking the shots? CHildress? Diaw? Kenny Anderson? haha, that's a good one.

My point of view on this team. Yes Walker shoots alot of force shots, but he is not the problem though and neither is Harrington. Although what I dont like about Walker is that he doesnt get back on transition defense and I like Harringtons hussle play and energy. Diaw absolutely $ucks, he should be traded with Walker by deadline and Chill should be our starting 2 guard, he did a better job on Kobe last night and Chill looks more energize on the floor and he is much faster and quicker than Diaw. Smooth is freaking standing out big time, he is gonna be really good.

On our PG situations I think kenny is a backup in this team and Ivey should be the starter. Where is Jacque when we need him. Is pretty sad when the other teams backup PG (Tierre Brown) is better than our starter. And you guys complain about JT playing defense, cus kenny surely $ucks.

Our centers show no presence on the defensive side of the ball and teams are just making a living on the inside. We should go after some kind of defensive center out there that can give us some presence inside.

We definitely need some shooters on this team, because right now all we have is Barry...Walker is just ok and Harrington drilled two 3 pointers last night.

I'm sorry, what didn't he like about his role in Dallas? Oh yeah, he didn't get to shoot the ball enough, he had to take the back seat to other players. I noticed you didn't comment on my fading memory with regard to Boston.

This is a team game. As much as I hate Kobe, look at how he's approached the game so far this year. He realizes he can't do it alone and gets his team involved.

Kobe has a better supporting cast, so that is not a good comparison. Also, the Lakers have movement on the offensive end. I see too much standing around with the Hawks. I would love to see some cutters so Walker would have an option to pass. Why should Walker give up a lay up attempt (or foul possibility) for a long range jumpshot.

Not all of this is Walker's fault, and I've said it before. The offense execution is not very good and the offense does not seem to be very well developed (coaching). I am hoping that the team has a chance to improve it with some practice once they come off the road.

to guy in Boston. He said on NUMEROUS occasions that PP was the go to guy and there was NEVER any hard feelings between the two. PP was VERY upset when Walker was traded as was Coach O'Brien who reesigned shortly thereafter. Danny Ainge has NEVER liked Walker or his game and he let his dislike for him convince him to trade him away for a MUCH lesser player (LaFrentz) with a longer contract.

In Dallas, he just didn't fit. He did everything Nellie asked him to do but why would he not look to move on after the season? He and Nowitzki play the same position and Nowitzki is simply better. Moving him was a good move for Dallas and a good move for Walker.

As for the Hawks of the past being shipped out without good reason, I didn't say that either. That group wasn't getting it done. But the better players weren't the primary reason we were bad. The LESSER players that Babcock put around them were the primary reason we were bad.

I dont think anybody would give up a first rounder for Diaw, he isnt worth it, i dont think its Walkers fault at all i think its Billy Knights fault for assembling such a pathetic excuse for a team, Billy Knight has a very weird looking head he may have some sort of retard syndrome that is yet undiscovered and causes you to be drawn to long armed, versatile players who excel at nothing other than being long armed and versatile, i wish the hawks would instead get a GM who was drawn to players that can freaking score! and play defence!