• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jack vs Paul on the WB

smithrules

NBAdraft.net has Jack slipping all the way down to the last pick of the first round. I think it would be ridiculous if Jack were an early 2nd rounder. I like Paul a lot, but I think he might have a tough time getting his shot off in the NBA. Jack is terrific, passionate, and has an NBA body. He reminds me of a less selfish Baron Davis.

If Jack were still around after 20 picks, I would do everything to trade up and get him. I'm a Techie, so I'm biased, but I really feel like Jack is going to be a solid contributer in the league. I think the same for Paul, but Jack won't cost you a lottery pick.

I don't know why but head to head Jack just always gest the best of paul. Paul had a bad game. Jack had a great game. I don't think you can judge them by just one game but i don't think Paul is heads and shoulders above Jack.

In fact, i think tonight is an example of what happens when Chris Paul is defended by a bigger player. Im not so sure about him. Ill guess ill decide after watching the ACC tournamen and checking out Illinios.

I don't think you take any of the guards mentioned at 2 or 3 in the draft unless it is Paul.Until Paul is consistently shut down by bigger guards other than Jack then I still believe Paul will be the top point guard of this class.There are to many iffy big players that they are a few years from doing well in the league.Any player can be a bust in the league but the guards of this draft have more all around game than any of the other players.It is to bad no other team has 2 no1 picks in the top 20 then I would probably trade down.Unless you can get a no1 pick for Walker in top 20 to get jack then draft the best player whether it is Green,Bogut,or Paul.Teams that are successful don't make the wrong pick and I hope BK this time gets the right player or once again it sets the franchise back.

Why not pick Paul and Jack (if you can get a low first rounder)? I'd fire all of our other point guards and let them split time. If it turns out both are good enough to start, then you trade one for something you need. It's not like we couldn't play both of them in the same back court sometimes, too. We don't really have a wealth of guards on this team, let along PG's.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't know why but head to head Jack just always gest the best of paul. Paul had a bad game. Jack had a great game. I don't think you can judge them by just one game but i don't think Paul is heads and shoulders above Jack.

In fact, i think tonight is an example of what happens when Chris Paul is defended by a bigger player. Im not so sure about him. Ill guess ill decide after watching the ACC tournamen and checking out Illinios.

I agree. Paul is a great pg, but he consistently has problems playing against bigger guards. This is a big concern if ATL is considering taking this guy with their top pick because he will face bigger, stronger guards every night.

If Paul is available with the #2pick we better take him. Paul can always get with the strength coach and add 10 or 15lbs. He will never be 205lbs like a Jarret Jack or Jason Kidd but what he has over them is speed. When someone is bigger than you, you have to out think them and use your quickness to your advantage. Jason Terry was only 172lbs when he came into the league and he was able to put on 10 or 12lbs after a few years in the league so Paul being a lightweight is no excuse to pass over him.

I agree with the thought. Draft the best player available. We will be fortunate to be able to get Paul, but if he is not there when we pick, you have to take the highest rated player left. Chances are it will be a PF or C.

I do not want to be the next team that passes on a "Jordan" just because we need to fill a position. I agreed with BK's draft last year even though we took all SF's with are 1st three picks. Always take the best player available and see what happens.

With our 1st pick we need to draft the big 7'4" European Center. Then package our 2nd round picks to move up for another late 1st round pick or pick up another 1st round pick with the Walker trade and grab the best available Point Guard out of the 4 point guards in the ACC (Felton, Jack, Paul or the Maryland guard), or the Illinois guard.

• Premium Member

I don't have enough faith in any of those big men that are in the draft. They all seem suspect...

I like all the guards...

I like McCants too but we have a Sf.

I don't know what BK will do, but I trust his eye for talent.

I'm sorry but I just don't think we should risk our potential #1 pick on a 5'9 Paul that consistently doesn't play well against bigger Point Guards, it's just too big of a risk. I don't want to have to worry about if he can get his shot off or not in the NBA. Even if his game translates, he will still get posted up by bigger guards on a nightly basis, that is a given it's not just assumption. Thats why I say we trade down a little and get Felton and someone else. That way I feel we have a better chance of getting someone good, and possibly 2 players. We won't have to worry about if Felton can get his shot off because 1 on 1 isn't Felton's game, he is a great passer and fast break runner who really elevates his teams play, plus he is a great team defensive player and has much more bulk and won't be posted up NEAR as easily. Also, being the player he is he will get many open looks, and he CAN make the open shot consistently.

Just because the boards dont already place a team having two first rounders doesnt mean a few teams wont. You have to analyze previous trades. I think two to three teams will have multiple first rounders again this year when I broke it down a few days ago. I think Toronto and NJ were two potential, seems like a team out west too, Phoenix? I hope we trade down unless somebody really starts to shine soon, maybe Williams or Green.

Can't do it. Not in the NBA. You have to take the best player available. The NBA is about superstars and building depth and value.

If Bogut is the real deal, fine. We draft him. If not, I don't want to reach for a guy just because we need a center. We can sign an adequate center or draft a Simeon in the second round.

If we ran out a lineup of Smoove, AH, Childress, Paul, Jack every now and then, we would drive other teams crazy. Sure, we'd get killed inside, but we'd win some games and people would start to talk.

I'm telling you, if Jack falls to the bottom of the first round we HAVE to get him. He is going to be special in the NBA. I have no idea why he is rated so low right now, but if it holds up, I would go after him.