• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if we pick #4?

lifelong

A topic I haven't seen discussed much is what if the hawks totally lose out in the lottery and end up drafting #4 or #5 (Charlotte is pretty close) overall? Who is out there at that spot?

Right now the Knicks and the Lakers are out of the playoffs, so we may have another Patrick Ewing big market conspiracy, and so are the lucky as hell (when it comes to the lottery) Magic.

Well Green may end up going to school, and we need a PG more than a SG, but I don't know how much that will factor into it.

Felton would be the perfect PG to team up with Childress,Smith, and Harrington. He controls the tempo very well and is a good defender (unlike Paul, who will probably stay in school like Green) Felton has improved this year to, he's a much better 3 point shooter than he was in past season, and he's really shown something in the tournament thus far (8 assist 0 turn overs and excellent control of tempo against iowa state) He is probably the biggest reason behind UNC success this year. They lost their opener against a sorry team because he could not play after being in an unsanctioned game during the offseason, and when he was semi-hurt against WF earlier in the year they also lost. He tries too force things some of the times, namely against Duke in one of the games, but the man is a winner who lays it all out on the court. He is a long 6-0/6-1 PG with quick hands, excellent court vision, tempo controls, athleticism, and despite what it seems, I believe he can score very well but knows when to take his shots and when to dish it.

I think we need to end up ahead of Utah. If not Bogut is gone . . . end of story. After that we take best player left and if its not Williams because he is gone as well then maybe we take a point guard but maybe BK has his eye on Europe.

There are several Euros that could cause havoc with the top five and drop a few players our way (or maybe we take one of them).

I hope we get lucky, have the first pick and then we can choose between the top three. We need the break!

Raymond Felton is the only American player I see that would help us out at #4. I like Chris Taft, but he's not worth taking that high. If we did go Euro at #4, it would most likely be Tiago Splitter or the ultimate project prospect Martynas Andriuskevicius.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Raymond Felton is the only American player I see that would help us out at #4.

I'm sorry, Raymond Felton would help up win jack! If you guys saw any of the Bulls game you would understand that a perimeter player will not help the Hawks play any better defense in the paint. Curry just dominated any Hawk center on the floor and Chandler got every rebound in the second half. We need size and we need it bad. I continue to reinterate that our point guard and wing men are doing fine and will continue to get better but our front court is terrible and getting worse. I'll take a project anybody that has some size with the top 4 pick!

What about the kid out of Miami Diaz? About a month ago someone on RealGm stated that the Hawks have scouted him numerous times during the year, and I also read a statement on Draftcity.com by Pat Riley whom said he has the highest upside of anyone in the draft. So I am thinking this kid's stock could rise to a top 5pick if he has some goodworkouts.

Blunt, I think Diaz declared he's outta the draft. I dont think he would have rose to top10 though anyways.

I think if we slide it would be even more likely we'd slide into drafting the point we really want. I think all GM's go a little by general consensus rankings but if BK puts Deron Williams or Felton as his favorite point then if they are available I see us taking them. Same could apply to a Euro player too though.

Quote:

Quote:

Raymond Felton is the only American player I see that would help us out at #4.

I'm sorry, Raymond Felton would help up win jack! If you guys saw any of the Bulls game you would understand that a perimeter player will not help the Hawks play any better defense in the paint. Curry just dominated any Hawk center on the floor and Chandler got every rebound in the second half. We need size and we need it bad. I continue to reinterate that our point guard and wing men are doing fine and will continue to get better but our front court is terrible and getting worse. I'll take a project anybody that has some size with the top 4 pick!

I agree to a certain extent. Watching the game last night it is clear the Hawks will not make the necessary step towards respectibility until they get some toughness in the middle. Ekezie just does not have that. The problem is, I am not sure Bogut, Taft or Martynas Andre???? (sorry, can't remember the spelling of his name) have it either.

I would likely still take Bogut if available, but if not, I would take a guy like Felton and pay through the nose to land either Dalembert or Chandler. Neither Dalembert or Chandler are perfect, but they are about as close as the Hawks are going to come to getting some interior defensive presence in the near future. Stromile Swift does not do it for me unless he is brought in as a back-up.

• Admin

The debate has raged for years, both here adn elsewhere, is the draft rigged? I don't think it is. But IF it is, this is the year that the league needs to help the Hawks, which in turn helps the league.

We're right on the bubble of being a team that people start to watch and follow. We've got some good rookie players and a little hype and a #1 draft pick would do nothing but help our fan image. Especially if that pick was used to plug the the most difficult hole in the NBA to fill, CENTER..

Hey Buddy, I watched the frickin Bulls game and I understand that we have no low post defender. I also know that if we did what every other team in this league does against Curry and make him go to his left instead of his letting him go right, he wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

Now to the subject at hand. You would take a project with size huh? When you are going to draft as high as we are, you take the best player available. I don't want a center from Europe that will be 7 feet tall and weigh as much as the average 8th grader. The draft is not the ONLY way to add players to your team. We are one of the few teams out there that have cap space and in case you haven't looked, there will be some quality Bigs available through free agency. We are 2nd in the league in turnovers per game right now. That tells me our ball handling can definitely use an upgrade. So please remember that the next time you want to drill someone for suggesting we draft a point guard. We aren't going to win anything with a bunch of 6'10 stiffs running around whose only attribute is interior defense & rebounding. It takes talent at all positions.

• Premium Member

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Yeah...

Y'know, every year we feel as if the league needs to help us out. What's funny is, again if we're talking fix here *lol*, the one year we actually moved up...we traded the damn pick. That might have been our one and only hookup. Rock on Babcock...

This year...? With LA, NY, and Utah all likely lottery suspects...Stern, oh excuse me, the powers that be that might fix a lottery if it were fixed would just as soon pull another ballsy, OBVIOUS, superstar to hometown, hookup to good buddy, hookup to MJ, top pick to big market move.

IF it were fixed that is...