• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Life in the Day of BK the great.

Diesel

• Premium Member

BK's Office (Atlanta):

Ring Ring...

BK picks up the Phone.

How ya doing BK, this is Lenny Harris of the Milwaukee Bucks.

BK: How you doing Lenny.

LH: I'm fine. I wanted to know if you were intersted in a deal.

BK: Well, I'm always Listening.

LH: Well, My sources told me that you guys are enamoured with Bogut. And well, I'm in a pickle because we have 2 good young Centers and we need a PF.

BK: I see.

LH: I wanted to know if you would trade me Al Harrington/#2 for Booth/#1.

BK: Well, You know Harrington is like a son to me. I drafted him you know. Back when I worked with the greatest franchise in the world.

LH: Yeah. But do we have a deal or What. I'm rubbing this rabbits foot.

BK: Let me get back to you. I have something that I need to give much attention to.

LH: Oh, I get it... You've been talking about trading down. Well, I Didn't want to tell you this, but Bickerstaff has been calling me every hour on the hour and he's willing to give up three first round picks so that he can pick first.

BK: OH Really?

LH: Yeah. SO if you don't give up Al, You can expect to see Bogut in Charlotte.

BK: Let me get back to you.

Click.

BK goes back to playing ONLINE Poker...

Phone Rings...

BK: Hello.

Nash: How are you doing BK, It's Nash.

BK: How are you doing Nash

Nash: I wanted to know if you would trade with me.

Nash: I wanted to know if you would trade the #2 pick/Drobs for Theo Ratliff and #3.

BK: Well, you know, I traded Theo to you in the first place?

Nash: I know. I know and isn't he a wonderful player. He blocks shots and is a defensive force.

BK: Yeah, but I also remember that he was hurt, he didn't rebound, he didn't try hard, and he didn't seem to like playing for the Hawks very much.

Nash: But he led the league in blocked shots... Come on BK. I need Marvin Williams on my team. And Theo is the best piece i can come up so do we have a deal or What?

BK: Let me get back to you. I have something that I need to give much attention to.

Nash: Oh, I get it... You've been talking about trading down. Well, I Didn't want to tell you this, but Bickerstaff has been calling me every hour on the hour and he's willing to give up three first round picks so that he can pick first.

BK: OH Really?

Nash: Yeah. So if you were planning on getting 5/13, you can forget it.

BK: Let me get back to you.

Click.

BK goes back to playing ONline Poker...

One hour later.

Phone Rings...

BK: Hello

Jerry West: Hi BK. This is the LOGO.

BK: Logo, How are you doing.

Logo: I wanted to know if you would trade with me.

Logo: I know that you want Swift. And you know that I know that you want Swift. And You know that I know that You know that I know that I can't keep Swift in FAcy... So let me give you this deal.

BK: OK.

Logo: I need to do something with White Chocolate. At first it was a treat. He would go out and please the crowd. He would keep the arena full. He would listen to the old man and we would win. But now, the Old man's gone. He's fighting reporters. He's not playing good defense. And he's signed for what seems like forever. He's your mistake... You got to take him.

BK: Now wait a minute Logo... You came along and took all the credit for what I had built. All the stuff that you brought in has blown up in your face. Posey. Miller. Every guy you ever drafted. Cardinal... Cardinal???

Logo: Wait a Minute Billy!!! I'm the Logo damnit. I made this league! There would be no Magic without Me. There would be no Laker dynasty without Me. Had it not been for me, you would have no Shaqfu or STEEL! I am the one that engineered Shaq-Kobe... So how do you get off saying that I had to use your pieces... IF it wasn't for your pieces then I wouldn't be in this mess! You young guys have no respect!!

Logo: Wait a minute. You haven't heard my Deal. I'm the Logo Damnit!

BK hangs up Phone. Goes back to playing online Poker; Dominque comes in an joins him.

One hour Later, the Phone Rings...

Babcock: BK, it's the Babcock brothers and we would like to make a deal.

BK: Hi Pete; Hi Rob. I'm listening.

BB: Well, we have been putting our talent roster together and we need the 2nd pick of the draft. We want to trade up.

BK: What's your deal?

BB: We offer 7/16/Alston for #2.

BK: Let me get back to you. I have something that I need to give much attention to. By the way, why do you want the #2 pick.

BB: Well, we're just so happy with Araujo. We think he's the next Shaq. But we got a call from the Logo. He started talking about old times. He told me we can have the best PG in the game if we can get him the #2 pick. He has offered up White Chocolate, Brian Cardinal, #19 for Bosh, #2. With #19, we can get Shavlik Randolph. He's the steal of the draft. Like the year I proclaim Roy Marble the next Jordan. If only that kid could shoot!

BK: Well, let me sleep on it. I will get back to you.

Click.

BK goes back to playing ONline Poker...

Phone Rings:

Bick: Hi BK, It's Bickerstaff.

BK: Hi Bick, how are you doing.

Bick: I wanted to pass a deal your way.

BK: Well, I'm listening.

Bick: #5, #13 for #2.

BK: How many times will you whore out #5, #13.

Bick: til somebody gives me what I want.

BK: I don't know if I can help you, you're our rival.

Bick: Have you looked at your team. You guys suck. We are an expansion team and we were better than you. It's not a case of you helping me out, I'm helping you. You need talent on that team.

BK: Oh, We tanked the season so that we can get Bogut.

Bick: Really.

BK: Yeah, we're enamoured with him...

Bick: IS that right?

BK: Yeah. We have a deal in place with Milwaukee as we speak. So I can't deal with you. But I have to go now, I have an important meeting in progress. Bye.

BK hangs up.

Dominque. Are we really going to make a deal with Milwaukee?

BK: Of course not, I was just sending that hound on a wild goose chase!!

Dominque: It's time to go to the Media Q & A.

BK: Ok, you should watch and Learn..

Media Q & A....

Q: Where do you think the team’s needs are this offseason?

Billy Knight: We have a lot of needs, add some more good players to our team, some more talented young guys that we think will be able to help us in the future. We have a lot of needs, we won 13 games. We’ll be able to find a good player who can help us.

Q. Looking at Marvin Williams, Andrew Bogut and Chris Paul – are they on the top of your list?

Knight: We are looking at a lot of players. I don’t get into commenting on individual players right now, but all of them are good young players, and all of them will be able to help a team, and we think they have talent, and we think they will be in the league for a long time.

Q. Is the team looking to do much in the free agent market?

Knight: We will be a player in the free agent market. We have money available. So we will do a lot of talking, we’ll see what happens with it.

Back at the office:

Nique and BK.

Nique: What did you say?

BK: I just told them what they needed to hear?

Nique: Which was?

BK: The hell if I know... It sounded good though didn't it.

Both laugh.

Nique: So what are we planning to do on draft day?

BK: The Hell if I know.....