• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Longest Yard

Blunt91

Had the chance to check out the remake of the Longest Yard today and I thought that it was pretty good. One of the things that stuckout to me in the movie was when Sandler goes to prison it seems that the viewer is shipped back into the 70's. The Prison itself was set more like the "old days" being out in the middle of nowhere and still using punshiment like spending solitary confinement in a "sweat box" outside the prison. Another thing that I was sort of shocked at was there were a sometimes when the "N" word was used. I guess the director wanted it that way, because that was how they talked in the original movie. They pushed the level on the amount of Adult language used for a PG13movie, but I didn't have a problem with it. The movie had it's funny moments although it wasn't "gut" busting comedy like some people might have you believe. The movie also had it's serious side to it just like the original. Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Nelly, and Micheal Irvin all do a good job with their perspective characters. Chris Rock's comedy in this movie is more on the level of what he delivers in his standup acts rather than some of the lame comedy he has did in his past movie adventures(I like his standup, but not his movies). We even get treated to seeing guys like Stonecold, Goldberg and Kevin Nash. It was a good movie but not one that you just have to rushout and see, especially if you have seen the orginal. BTW looks like War of the Worlds might be the summer blockbuster from the clips I have seen.

Yeah maybe the director could have went another direction but like I said I guess he wanted a "old School" appeal to it because they used language like that in the older films.

understand how they talk here. I live just outside of the city of Houston, but have friends and family that live all over Texas and I will tell you, some of the real country places here in Texas (mostly West Texas) are still very backwards about that kinda stuff. Personally I dont have a problem with the way that they used it. I would have to think that if it was really a big deal it would have been written out of the script seeing as how there were so many black actors in the movie.

Just my 2 cents on the movie, but I thought it was pretty damn funny and the soundtrack is really good too. Nelly actually makes you believe that he would have been a pretty good RB and they had so many really funny people (Nicholas Turturro, Terry Crews and the highly underappreciated Tracy Morgan) with roles in this movie that I dont see how anyone could see it without laughing throughout. The wrestlers that they used are all funny guys too so that helped a ton as well. All in all its definitely a must see. Maybe not the best movie of the year or anything, but well worth the price of admission.....and the bandwidth of downloading later wink.gif

i watched the movie the other day and i liked it! while its not the best movie in the world, it was definitely worth my time. a good laughter if ur bored and have 2 hours to kill.

the "N" word also surprised me (since its a PG-13 movie). Nelly sure looks like a heckuva running back.

i think Adam Sandler and Chris Rock have great chemistry together. they are hilarious!

Actually Nelly is a pretty good athlete in real life. Burt Reynolds was on Regis the other week talking about the movie. Regis asked him about Nelly and he said Nelly can fly, he is superquick. Nelly also is a pretty good basketball player as well from his perform at this year's allstar game.