• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top 10 PFs ever according to ESPN.COM

cyman3

• Premium Member

Personally, I think he's already better than Malone. It's older guys like Petite that I am way too young to remember that are a little more questionable IMHO.

Malone always had Stockton to feed him. And he even had Hornacek to help ease the pressure off of him.

Duncan is just now getting that type of team around him...

i dont have a problem with DUNCAN being on the list- or even #1 on that list. And due to my age, ive only seen guys like Barkley + Malone from that list. so Duncan as the #1 PF ever, isint such a farfetched idea.

however, isint he really a CENTER playing power forward?

anyone know if he actually prefers playing PF over C?

cuz if u look at his size and his game, he could easily play center without a problem.

so if hes considered a center, where would u rate him?

• Premium Member

How can you rank Duncan ahead of Malone and Pettit... I would even think Barkley would be more competitive than he was.

Then the list is missing Elvin Hayes...

Like him or not, that turn around jumper and his ability to score/defend/rebound makes him a solid top tener in my mind.

Some NYer always wants to put Debuscher on a list. I think think he was that great.

Where's Bob McAdo and Spencer Heywood?

There's a 2005 bias.

• Moderators

Quote:

There's a 2005 bias.

That is for sure. In another 15 years I doubt seriously that Dirk is on this list. I am glad Bob Pettit was in the top 5 but I would have ranked him higher ahead of McHale and a few others. His consistency winning MVPs twice (one championship) and first team All-NBA every year is very similar to Duncan. I think Duncan will end up #1 but I would probably put our Hawk at #3 behind TD and Malone.

• Premium Member

I give a lot of credit to Petit..

He didn't have more championships because he had to play against the Celtics and the 76ers... Competition was much greater than it is now. He put up some awesome numbers too..

I think you got to recognize Karl Malone. NO player has improved more than Malone did.. AnD I HATE MALONE.. But I respect his game.

If Duncan wins another Championship this year, I think he will be top 3...But I won't punish Malone or Barkley because they never got one... Hell, JORDAN..

I think something a little more accurate would be:

1. Petit

2. Duncan

3. Malone

4. Barkley

5. McHale

6. Hayes

7. Big Mac..

8. Jerry Lucas

9. Kevin Garnett

10. Spencer Heywood.

Nah... the real top ten is:

1. Horace Grant

2. Dennis Rodman

3. Elton Brand

4. Tyson Chandler

5. Antonio Davis

6. Donyell Marshall

7. Jerome Williams

8. Othella Harrington

9. Michael Ruffin

10. Marcus Fizer (by default, due to the fact I couldn't think of anyone else)

Ok...before I get hammered...this was a joke! cool.gif

Barkley was better than Duncan. If you are purely looking at rings, its a moot point. Duncans teams beat New York and New Jersey. Barkely had to go through Jordan and I dont even think this years Spurs would touch the Bulls dynasty. MJ had his best finals scoring averaging 44 ppg against Barkleys Suns.

Even with four years of sub par injury riddled stats, Barkleys numbers are awesome for a guy who was actually 6'4"

• Premium Member

The reason I have Barkley lower than Duncan is Barkley's defense and I never quite forgave Barkley for not winning a championship or at least going when it was:

Barkley, Hakeem, Glide..

I think Malone was very good when he took Utah to the finals. I have never seen Shaq more humilated than when he took a stacked team into Utah and they got WHIPPED... I think Utah Swept the Lakers..

The Lakers had: NVE, Eddie J, Campbell, Shaq, Kobe, Fisher, Ceballos, and a few other guys.

• Moderators

Quote:

The reason I have Barkley lower than Duncan is Barkley's defense

Me too. Barkley was a defensive liability and was never nearly the leader that Duncan is (he sets the example for the no-nonsense professionalism for that team). Barkley was a step or two up from Duncan offensively and was a little bit better of a rebounder but he had some holes in his game on defense whereas Duncan is good at everything, works hard and, IMO, gives a better overall impact on his team.