• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RealGm: "Any Validity to this Marbury/Trade Rumor"

DarkHawk

This might just happen. But then again, check out the

article on RealGm if you haven't seen it.

"Patrick Austin/RealGM - Chad Ford of ESPN is reporting that the Knicks and Hawks are in discussions about a blockbuster trade involving Stephon Marbury and Al Harrington. Mr. Ford has been known to dream up scenerios that do not pan out, so there may not be much validity to it." From RealGM.com

hehehehe!!!

I think this trade just might happen. My only problem is we have no BIGS. Absolutely none. Washington is looking for a sign and trade with Kwame. Chicago is looking for a sign and trade with Curry. If we give Al up for Marbury, how are we going to get one of those 2 restricted FAs?

This is all interesting!!!

Talentwise it makes no sense. NY will not get under the cap anytime soon so that does not make sense.

But, picking up a huge Trade Exception might have some value to Isiah - if he has another deal lined up.

Still, I think ATL has to add Childress to make this deal work (and make NY throw in Sweetney).

Marbury and Sweetney

for

Childress

Harrington

Collier

Delk

NY gets rid of both guys it has been trying to deal and adds players where it needs them. Giving up Marbury hurts but Isiah has to think Crawford can step up. This would be a strong running team with backups that provide a variety of options. This NY team is in the playoffs (especially if Isiah follows it up with another deal).

NY

PG - Crawford, Delk, JJackson

SG- QRich, AHouston, Ariza, Penny

SF- Childress, TThomas, JWilliams

PF- Harrington, MRose, MoT

C - Collier, Frye, Sundov Butler

ATL

PG- Marbury, FA

SG- JSmith, SStoudamire®

SF- MWilliams, Diaw

PF- FA (Rahim or Swift), Sweetney

C- FA (Z), FA

ATL adds a star - that it needs. The Marbury/Smith/MWill trio will be strong and will run. PF and C will still be a problem (they are now anyway) - but PF can be addressed immediately with Rahim or Swift who will combine with Sweetney to take of the PF spot OR they get Z to fill the C spot. Either way, the team is only player away instead of several away and have added a veteran star. It leaves one big hole to fix next year and will need depth - but they were going to have holes to fix next year anyway.

Imagine

Marbury - 21 points, 9 assists

JSmith - 16 points, 8 rebounds

MWill - 18 points, 6 rebounds (wild guess here)

Sweetney - 9 points, 7 rebounds (or 20/10 from Rahim)

Z - 16 points, 9 rebounds

That would be almost/about 80 points a night from the starters - maybe in the playoffs but hopefully in the lotto one more year. Plus, with the flexibilty of Smith and Mwill to slide up a slot into the 3 and the 4, it will be easier to find depth to come off the bench (like a Mobley).

Not only is this deal at the worst even, but more likely it favors New York simply because of the huge amount of money still owed to Stephon. By doing this trade they will have a boatload of caproom freed up next year, about $18 million if they dont keep Al). That still wont get them under the cap I dont think, but it will save a ton of money for the owners in luxury tax thats for sure. Talent wise we easily get the best player, but what kinda Marbury are we getting? He has never led his team to anything and has a very negative reputation for being a bad teammate around the league.

Sweetney is an undersized PF that I would rather do without because he is fat and lazy, just as Isiah has quickly found out. Childress is a young potential borderline all-star SG that can create worlds of mismatches for us.

Giving them Delk and change in addition to Al is far more than enough to make this a fair trade.....although I would much rather hold onto Al and try to get Curry for him. Hopefully this is just a scare tactic with the Bulls to get them to pull the trigger on giving us Curry.

I like the trade...Why?

1. Marburry is a top 10 PG in the NBA

2. He fits our system very well with his ability to run the fast break, and the pick and roll

3. It won't effect our cap for this offseason, so we would still be able to sign Stromile Swift, and either Dally/Curry/Chandler(I prefer Dally)

Marburry

Chill

*Smoove/MWill

Swift

Dally

*Smoove and MWill would split time at SF

• Premium Member

Quote:

1. Marburry is a top 10 PG in the NBA

Yes, but for the upteenth time, Marbury's contract is an elite contract. The only players other than him receiving so much money are elite players (or elite players who hve become injury prone like Webber):

KG, Duncan, Shaq, Marbury.

Which one doesn't fit?

Quote:

This might just happen. But then again, check out the

article on RealGm if you haven't seen it.

"Patrick Austin/RealGM - Chad Ford of ESPN is reporting that the Knicks and Hawks are in discussions about a blockbuster trade involving Stephon Marbury and Al Harrington. Mr. Ford has been known to dream up scenerios that do not pan out, so there may not be much validity to it." From RealGM.com

hehehehe!!!

In my opinion, Marbury would be a major mistake. He is self-centered and plays virtually no defense. I would rather make no moves than adding a slug like Marbury to this team.

Oh where, oh where has Jaywalker gone?!

I don't trust one single word that this new guy writes.

He sounds like one of us fans making up silly sh*t just

so he can put a new article up.

I can't help but cringe when there is an article on

at "semi-credible" news source like RealGM that starts

out with the following: "Though let’s say, for

discussions sake..."

At this, I think to myself, "No wonder everyone thinks

we the Hawks are the laughing stock of the NBA. This guy

is making us look even worse."

I refuse to read the slightest bit of what he writes.

I can't even believe we are having this discussion. When you have the ability to add one of 5 best point guards in the game and he is. With 21 pts, 8 assists and 3 boards you can't argue it. How do you not get him for Delk, a player you aren't using, Collier, a player who is barely NBA quality and Harrington a good player but one who won't be here next year and who you drafted Marvin Williams to replace. 3 players you aren't going to use next year for a player with better stats than Antoine Walker had last year.

The only valid argument I've heard is the 21 million owed him in 3 years but that's the last year of his contract. We can easily trade him as an expiring contract if the situation isn't working out.

Doing this still allows us the cap space to sign either Curry or Gadzuric and other young filler talent. There would be money left after trying to pry away chandler and ending up with Curry to still work the market and those 2 moves would make us much more appealing to aspiring free agents. I doubt anyone has seriously looked at our lineup this way but here it would be.

Marbury/Stoudamire/Ivey

Childress/Diaw

J.Smith/D.Smith

M.Williams/(vet filler)

Curry/(vet filler) (maybe David Anderson here)

But that possible starting lineup of Marbury/Chillz/Smith/Williams/Curry can rebound and run with anyone. They would run people out of the building nightly.

I don't know, but that starting 5 looks awfully scary to me. The middle 3 can all go for 5 plus rebounds and more than a block a game. That's a long, big team.