• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just Heard on 790 ........

Wurider05

that Salim has way better ball handling skills that anyone expected. He reportedly shot the lights out yesterday at practice and demonstrated that he may be able to run point for us. Jeff Wothernton(790 NBA reporter)attended the practice and stated that Woodson and Knight want to establish starting five of interchangeable players (we already know this). He also stated that Curry has been a lazy player sine high school and that someone who is nearly 7 ft. tall and only grabs 5 rebounds a game shows you just what they are all about. He stated that who ever gives this guy a contract deserves whatever they get. The two Chucks believe that Chandler is the guy we need and that Knight will make highs bids for both guys knowing that Chicago can't keep both of them and that Curry's weight is going to be a problem once he gets the contract.

Good news on Salim. It's at least obvious that he doesn't need screens to get his shot off.

I don't get the Curry situation, though. If Chicago prefers Chandler and we prefer Chandler what kind of strategy gets us Chandler? Do the Hawks think they can bid up the price of Curry to the point where Chicago matches Curry but then doesn't have enough for Chandler?

Thats what im thinking. I dont really expect the hawks to get any of these guys without using harrington. Might as well figure out a sign and trade and get rid of a wing position player to fill a huge need at center. The possibility of having Dave Anderson play next year is nice. Could always use the extra body to log some backup minutes, at the least.

How the game is played.

There are a number of players out there we are interested in. Curry would a be a solid upgrade over anything we have. Second, the offense ran through Curry alot while he was on the floor. This tends to take a player out of position to rebound some and open up others. With rebounding machine Tyson Chandler on the floor a great deal with Curry, his crashing the boards wasn't necessary. He did other things within the offense. On defense, his main job was to man on man defend the other team's center. Primarily to lay his big body on the other guy and keep him out of the paint. This tends to move the center away from the basket.

This and natural athletic ability is why Chandler's rebound numbers and Hinrich for that matter are so good.

I live in just east of Chitown now fellas and will be sorry to see him leave town. As evidenced by their slide last year when he went down, he helps create good space for his team. Size will do that.

Now on to what matters with Curry. His last 10 games he played in for the Bulls. This is a picture of what you could get.

In 29.8 minutes per game over his last 8 games. Yes fellas, in only 29.8 minutes per game.

19.8 points

6.1 rebounds

1.1 block

2.0 TO

3.5 fouls

42/56 Free throws for 75%

78/131 FG Attempts for 59.54 %

There is a reason Gordon struggled to find his shot at the end of the year. The guy who hits just short of 60% from the field and 75% of his free throws wasn't there to draw the defense in.

Give him 36 minutes a game like a starter should have (Skiles buried the big fella last year) and he goes for 24 points and 8 boards.

There are a shortage of lazy guys like this in the league. I give a rat's fat can if he's lazy. I'll take 20/6 from the center spot. The guy touched the ball on almost every trip down the court and turned the ball over an average of 2 times.

That last 10 games is a good guess at what the Hawks would be in for if they played the big guy right. However, I'm a big believer in stats per 48 minutes.

Per 48 minutes, let's compare to the best center in a millenium from last year, Shaq (who made 30 million). These are full year stats for both from last year.

Curry - 28.2 points, 9.4 boards, 1.62 blocks. 54% FG%, 72% FT%

Shaq - 32.18 points, 14.6 boards, 3.29 blocks. 60% FG%, 46% FT%.

Dalembert - 19 Points, 17.5 boards, 3.9 blocks. 52.4 FG%, 60.1 FT%.

he was also playing for a contract

he could easily be the next damp...

he could easily go back to being out of shape and just half-ass it down the court

if he had the desire to, he could have been the best center since shaq, but he doesn't have that desire, so he half-asses it and shows the potential of what coulda been

i don't wanna risk 10+mil/year on someone that has those issues and now even has health issues on top of that...

if we can trade al for him in a snt where he's only paid 7mil/year, then i'd be ok maybe, but at 10+, ugh

Quote:

I like Dalembert's numbers per 48 better than Currys personally. I like 17.5 boards vs 9.4 boards and 3.9 blocks vs 1.62 blocks out of the center spot. those 8 extra rebounds and 2.3 extra blocks per 48 would make more of a difference in a game than those 9 extra points would. However, Curry's numbers dont look to shabby and we all know that he is the best offensive threat at center left and would help this team quite a bit. I hope we offer Dally a max contract and see what happens and if it is matched then we offer the max to both Chandler and Curry hoping that one of them is passed over.

Quote:

How the game is played.

There are a number of players out there we are interested in. Curry would a be a solid upgrade over anything we have. Second, the offense ran through Curry alot while he was on the floor. This tends to take a player out of position to rebound some and open up others. With rebounding machine Tyson Chandler on the floor a great deal with Curry, his crashing the boards wasn't necessary. He did other things within the offense. On defense, his main job was to man on man defend the other team's center. Primarily to lay his big body on the other guy and keep him out of the paint. This tends to move the center away from the basket.

This and natural athletic ability is why Chandler's rebound numbers and Hinrich for that matter are so good.

I live in just east of Chitown now fellas and will be sorry to see him leave town. As evidenced by their slide last year when he went down, he helps create good space for his team. Size will do that.

Now on to what matters with Curry. His last 10 games he played in for the Bulls. This is a picture of what you could get.

In 29.8 minutes per game over his last 8 games. Yes fellas, in only 29.8 minutes per game.

19.8 points

6.1 rebounds

1.1 block

2.0 TO

3.5 fouls

42/56 Free throws for 75%

78/131 FG Attempts for 59.54 %

There is a reason Gordon struggled to find his shot at the end of the year. The guy who hits just short of 60% from the field and 75% of his free throws wasn't there to draw the defense in.

Give him 36 minutes a game like a starter should have (Skiles buried the big fella last year) and he goes for 24 points and 8 boards.

There are a shortage of lazy guys like this in the league. I give a rat's fat can if he's lazy. I'll take 20/6 from the center spot. The guy touched the ball on almost every trip down the court and turned the ball over an average of 2 times.

That last 10 games is a good guess at what the Hawks would be in for if they played the big guy right. However, I'm a big believer in stats per 48 minutes.

Per 48 minutes, let's compare to the best center in a millenium from last year, Shaq (who made 30 million). These are full year stats for both from last year.

Numbers are all nice and well, but Reef averaged 21/9

and the Hawks still lost. As you see, numbers aren't

everything. Curry is a poor defensive player and isn't

worth a max contract. PERIOD.

Well the point to this was that his Rebounds and Blocks were lower because his role defensively was more one on one with opposing centers leaving Chandler to clear the boards and block shots. Chandler is better at both and this leaves Curry to really change the way the opponents offense ran by taking their center out of the game.

Theo Blocked shots and rebounded more but was not a good team defender. How bad could Curry be when the Bulls gave up the 7th least points but also had the most turnovers. This means good team concept defense.

His defensive stats would improve if returned to this role of pivot man but I don't see that need. We will have 3 guys on the floor with him (childress, Smith, Williams) that can all block shots and rebound. He fits us quite nicely.

Lot's of offense to free up the other guys and the ability to play one on one defense. Body up to any other center in the league. Something the big white stiff Collier can't do.

This is from the world's biggest Cracker there is.

Quote:

Any chance that Chicago used this "heart problem" as a way to keep Curry by blowing it up so nobody wants to take a chance?

Definitely possible, but I would assume that any physical would reveal the exact extent of it- so one way or the other they'll determine his health condition before even thinking about acquiring him. You have to, it'd be insane not to.

I'm not disagreeing with you...but your logic flat out sucks. Ok, so that's what Reef averaged on a moribound team that never sniffed the playoffs, with he as their focal poitn.

That is what Curry averaged as a part of a 'team' with the likes of Gordon, Henrich, Deng, Chandler, etc.

the comparison is simply not valid.

That is what Curry averaged as a part of a 'team' with the likes of Gordon, Henrich, Deng, Chandler, etc."

Yeah well, it isn't like he did average 21/9. He averaged

16/5. You can make any excuse you want, but he is not a

good rebounder or defensive player. I'm just saying that

there is the possibly he could average 20/8 but that does

not mean the Hawks will win.

Next of all, 20/8 big man is not worth a max contract any

way even if he does play center...ESP when he isn't a good

defensive player.

• Moderators

Actually, I think the blowing up part is possible if it was a short-term injury that required Curry to miss the playoffs. Then failing to publically clear him could reduce his resign price. Not something I buy into at this point, but a possibility.