• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They're going to give out Belkins Email addy

chillzatl

Lascar, I can see your point. Venting is what message boards, sports talk radio, etc., is for. However, in this instance a reasonable dialect or verbal exchange of respectable words won't resonate in his head. IF I'm the only one who insults him, I still won't think I'm wrong because it's my opinion as a paying customer for years that this is inherently wrong. Is there a better way to word things with him, sure. In Belkin's case, I can think of worse words actually.

Question for Troubleman.

If there are only ten players worth a max contract and 30 teams, how many teams would offer the eleventh best player a max contract?

Ten teams already have the 10 best players and twenty teams are left to bid for the eleventh best player. How many of those teams do you think would offer the highest amount they could? My answer would be 20. What is yours?

Quote:

Question for Troubleman.

If there are only ten players worth a max contract and 30 teams, how many teams would offer the eleventh best player a max contract?

Ten teams already have the 10 best players and twenty teams are left to bid for the eleventh best player. How many of those teams do you think would offer the highest amount they could? My answer would be 20. What is yours?

My answer is 20, but that doesn't mean the 11th best player is worth that contract. I understand why so many players are given a max contract, but that doesn't change my opinion that only a few are truly worth it.

That's a double edged sword answer.

My response would be to consider that players were paid much higher than the current max contracts before they existed. To me it's difficult to know what these players are worth without there being a free market.

The other thing is to consider that teams make a profit with 2-3, and in some cases 4 players with max contracts. If that is true the number of players worth a max contract is closer to fifty than ten.