• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's TOP 10 Clutch players.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Reggie Miller. Yes. Reggie is still the guy I want to have the ball with 3.2 seconds on the clock!!

2. Robert Horry. If Reggie is busy then Horry is next in line.

3. Micheal Jordan. So what he's old. Until his wife called the divorce lawyer this past yr, he was still winning some at the end.

4. Baron Davis. Huh? Look it over. Davis has hit his share of end of the game shots and he can even heave the 3/4 court shoot with amazing accuracy.

5. Jason Terry. JT is a last shot kind of guy. Every since he did it against PTL last yr, he has built on that rep.

6. Derrick Fisher. Who? Derrick Fisher? Who? Yes, the master of the open look hits his share of CLutch Shots.

7. Boss Hog. Stackhouse is a clutch shooter. But hell it's hard not to be when you always have the ball in your hand.

8. T-Mac (Orlando) This guy has a very complete game. I put him on the list because he takes the clutch shot, but he's no reggie.

9. Allen Iverson. Again when you do it all for you team, being the clutch guy is part ofthe terroritory. You best believe that Iverson will shoot that final shot to win it. Lots of times he misses but he will take it.

10. Vinny Carter. Vince is a guy that has added all this to his repitoire? Should he have gone to the finals 2 yrs ago? NO. But there's always this yr.

No way im gonna argue with ur #1 selection... time after time, he delivers in the final seconds. MILLER TIME!

But CHOICE #2??? Robert Horry? Yes, i saw that shot he made in the final SECONDS... but after 1/2 big shots, u gonna PRAISE this guy?

I have no problem with HORRY on the list, i mean- he does play well in the final MINUTES... but ranked #2? I think u can argue that.

I think JORDAN still has it, Davis is a clutch player no doubt, same with Terry.

• Admin

because scoring a bunch in the 4th doesn't make him clutch. Hitting them when they have to be hit is what makes someone clutch. How many game winners has pierce ever hit? He's got a big time scorers reputation and he's known to be a big scorer down the stretch. But he simply hasn't shown that he's clutch yet.

I would also argue with having JT that high on the list for this very reason. we've seen him hit some big shots though. But the situations are different when you are doing it for a winning team and doing it for a losing team.

How is coming through in the clutch dependent upon how good your team is. Granted, JT hasn't had the opportunity to do it in the playoffs, but hitting the shot is hitting the shot is hitting the shot (i.e. still had to be hit to win the game).

Granted some things are dependent upon performing in the playoffs or playing on a winning team, but hitting a clutch shot for a W is not one of them IMO...

feel free to explain how I'm mistaken.

Taking over the game in the 4th period is

being clutch not just one shot.Teams look

to stop PP...You guard guys like Robert

Horry tight and they aren't gunna hit jack

on a consisant basis.Horry always seems

to feed off of the best big man in the

league.Bring him to our team and see how

clutch he is.That's just alittle bit different...

eh?

Being clutch is more than hitting one shot in

a game.It's about producing in the most

important part of the game.

I agree, I don't think Horry has ever hit a shot when everyone in the gym knew he was going to shoot it. He doesn't make his own shots, but takes the shots the defense gives. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not on the same level with guys like Miller or Pierce who take over games late despite double teams.

• Premium Member

IF you want to be totally honest about it, Walker is probably more clutch than Pierce. That's the problem with choosing either. Neither of these guys are the guys who the team looks to for scoring when it really needs it. I'm talking Big Shot time. Pierce probably hadn't hit more big Shots than Walker. IN fact, most time when the game is on the line, and they come out of a timeout in Boston, Walker is going to take the last shot.

The other thing is that these guys I have put up are all solidly ahead of both Pierce and Walker for that reason. However, if you want 11 -15:

11. Bibby.

12. Walker.

13. Kobe.

14. Pierce.

15. Van Exel.

to make a shot when you are left wide open. Being clutch also involves the ability to make plays and create opportunities not only for yourself but for your teammates when you need a big basket. I think guys like Horry and Fisher can make big shots but Kobe is the guy who makes plays for LA in the clutch all the time.

I think Pierce is a TREMENDOUS clutch player and I'd rather depend on him in the clutch to make a play for my team than Horry or Fisher.

I kind of disagree on T Mac. He's a GREAT player but I have seen him miss FAR more big shots in the clutch than I've sen him make.

I think Van Exel is great in the clutch too and I would move him WAY up on the list. In fact, all of the players you listed 11-15 are good choices and I'd put all of them ahead of Stackhouse, Fisher and Carter.

Now if the question is which player would you rather have take the last shot in a pressure situation, I can see why Horry is high on the list and I would DEFINITELY put Miller at number one.

Ive seen Walker hit some BIG SHOTS (esp threes) when the clock was ticking... i agree that he hit more big shots than Pierce...

About McGrady, ive seen him choke a lot under the pressure. Hes like Chris Webber in the final seconds...

Van Exel can take the shot as good as anyone in the L

~my 2 cents

Most points in the 4th really tells alot.I've

seen Walker turn the ball over on 4th

periods.Hell he did it in a game againest

us last year he was dribbling the ball off

his leg in the 4th period.

Miller has to be up there....Stackhouse???Nah...

How on earth could you list Stackhouse over

Reggie Miller?That's just plain crazy.

IN fact, most time when the game is on

the line, and they come out of a timeout

in Boston, Walker is going to take the

last shot."

That's called a decoy.But 4 out of 5 times

when the Celtics are down in the 4th it will

be PP who plays the biggest part in bringing

them back.

• Premium Member

The question you must answer is IS Reggie Miller clutch? If you stick to what you say, then the answer is NO. He doesn't create for anybody but himself. I've Never seen Reggie Pass when the game is on the line. Same goes for Jordan to an extent. In his prime, Jordan would allow his teammates to control the game until the end... Then he would take over.

However, if you say that Reggie IS Clutch, then you must disclude the statements that a Clutch player scores the most in the fourth...

Not the case with Reggie.

Or

That he creates for others like Kobe?

Not the case either.

A clutch player is one who takes the pressure that the game gives and still produces. With that definition, you find Horry, Reggie and others amoung the top. what you don't find amoung the top is Kobe, Webber, and Pierce... Guys who can score a lot but are SOMETIMY.