• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

over/under

shock

• Premium Member

I'm gonna have to go with over on this. I think that we've hit a turning point.

The addition of JJ looks good.

There is no Walker out there to hog the offense with Harrington, so I expect JC and Smoove to be in the starting lineup with far more responsibility. The outlook of our 2nd year guys looks good.

We added a guy that should be better than Drobs/Collier...that looks good.

We drafted a guy that can light it up from downtown...that looks good.

We added a #2 pick...that looks good.

Things just look good man. I think our core looks much better going into this season. I'm expecting a marked improvement.

ill have to admit, i wasnt sure this would be a good poll question or not. I thought most everyone would say under thirty games and it wouldnt be much of a discussion. But it turns out to be evenly divided thus far. I think we will be under but very close. i hope im wrong though!

Quote:

I think you must consider the number of close games the Hawks lost last year. They will definitely be over.

now that's funny. We didn't lose the games just because we didn't have enough shooting and FT shooting. We did have delk. We lost because we didn't have enough all-around talent and were an incomplete team. We also didn't have ANY go to plays. We just hoped something would come up.

We still are not deep, have nothing on the inside other than a thin young prospect and a tweener, and aren't all that great defensively. We also have an unproven game coach.

We brought in a stud, we brought in a shooter, and we brought in a rookie who will need a year or two before he shines. That might be enough to get 2 wins for every single game we won last year. Maybe. That would be around 25, give or take 3 games.

I fully expect a first half of the season in which we hardly win a game. We are too young, and our best player will be playing a new NBA position while adjusting to new teammates. Chemistry will take time. So does rebuilding. 06-07 will be our breakout year

Next year, I say 8-33 (.195) in the first half, 17-24 (.414) in the second half for a total of 25-57 (.305).

While we have several new members of the team, the

experience gained, both by the remaining players and

the coaches will make a difference.

New players will make a difference. More will be added

before the season starts. The bench, the real strength

of any team, should be greatly improved.

So many VERY close games last season, some going into

overtime and almost all losses, should even out this

season. There is a small line between winning and

loosing. Most games are decided by only a few points.

Hawks should be on the other side of many of these cloose games. Not all, but we should get our share.

Make no mistake about it, the Hawks will try to win every game they play this year.

Best case scenario every player we have invested in works out, but most likely we will have to look at moving a couple of guys.

This year is much different from last year. Last year was the equivalent to a replacement player squad. This year we will see which of the potential stars of the Hawks actually look like stars, and adjust our roster accordingly.

We have a couple of contracts coming off the books in Delk, Collier, and Harrington. Then we have enough cap room to sign max free agents next offseason, and we will draft another lottery pick. There is a lot of flexibility with our situations.

I expect 2006-2007 to be our season to make a run at the playoffs, with an adjusted roster from this year's team.