• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who here wants Bonzi Wells.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm wondering who would take Wells as our SG? I was reading and it seems that Wells won't be signed by Portland because the fans just don't want him back with too much money. So the wheels of the dieselputer started.... and you can reply in the trade forum if you want. However, who would want Bonzi?

Diesel...do you think DJ is a bust....seems awful

funny you are pushing for a SG.

No it wouldn't be a great thing to get Bonzi to

insult what little fanbase we have.Not away to

get things done.

If the "fans don't want him back at too much money" and that is Portland's GM's rationale, then would the fans want Henderson and DJ (because that is AT LEAST what it would take potential, talent, and salary-wise) at the same price it takes for them to resign Wells "at too much money".

Truth is they are in a market that dictates Portland doesn't have to resign Wells to what he wants unless he is legitimately willing to take some ridiculously low offer elsewhere. Likely he signs a 1 year deal until next year when more and more teams have substantial cap space.

I don't want Wells either as he does not suit this team character-wise or need-wise other than perhaps by position. He doesn't do much on offense that GRob doesn't already do better and his defense, while good at steals isn't all-around good in my op.

W

no doubt about it bonzi has warts... he has said some stupid things to the press... all in all I think that he is a pretty decent guy however (relative for the blazers right?)...

Comparing him to what we have he is far ahead...

glover is not nearly the scorer that wells is and is way too injury prone anyway... besides he has always groused about minutes almost as much as your typical blazer...

I don't know what to make of DJ but I do know that he can certainly not be relied upon yet as a starter for a team "guaranteeing a playoff spot"

Newble? well he would remain in the same role as he is now...

I'd definitely rather have wells and newble as opposed to the current trio...

Comparing Wells to Jay-Z is off, well atleast in my book.

Heres my NBA LOOK-A-LIKE LIST:

1)Robert Horry: hes straight up a clone of WILL SMITH. Can u guys see it? or do i need glasses?

2)Devean George: This might seem a little off, but im going to the CARTOON/VIDEO GAME WORLD. Bowser of SUPER MARIO! U know the BIG TURTLE (at least i think hes a turtle).

3)more to come (if i can think of more)

IF U GUYS SEE ANY NBA-LOOK-A-LIKES, please feel free to mention!

Some say Tim Duncan looks like a turtle

and Brent Barry looks like a squirrel and

what about Donyell Marshall looking like

song RB artest...can't remember his name...

Baron Davis looks like Ice Cube.

• Premium Member

First off, let's go with the simple. IF we were to get Wells, it would take:

Nazr for wells.

Uncomplicated. PTl would certainly do it... But it would leave us without a C.

So how about a second deal.

Nazr/Hendu for Wells/Davis.

Again. Another good deal. PTL would do it. BUT.... we wouldn't have a BU PF And we'd have too many SGs.

So... Here's the last concoction.

Hendu/Nazr/DJ to PTL for Woods/Wells/Davis

Why does this work.

PTL gets good BU in Hendu good insurance if they can't resign Wallace next yr.

They get DJ who would be a perfect understudy of Both Pippen and Anderson.

They get Nazr a C who can rebound.

We get two guys that don't like Portland in Davis and Wells. We get another guy in Woods who can play PF.

"PTL gets good BU in Hendu good insurance if they can't resign Wallace next yr.

They get DJ who would be a perfect understudy of Both Pippen and Anderson.

They get Nazr a C who can rebound."

nazr for davis is fine... nazr is younger and would not have to play extended minutes with sabonis back...

the problem is hendu (besides the obvious)... they are stacked at PF with hendu since they have rasheed there and zack randolph who has been chomping at the bit for PT for the last 2 years... there are just no minutes there to add another PF...

I seriously doubt that rasheed will leave particularly since one of their main motivations in hiring Cheeks was to placate rasheed (he idolized cheeks growing up in philly evidently)...

they might be more likely to trade randolph than woods if we threw in a first rounder or something...

Well,

One thing is for sure.

Popeye Jones looks like that crazy guy from the movie Goonies. You know that guy who wears that Superman shirt. He says, "Hey you guys," near the end of the movie when he saves the kids. If you watched the movie, you would know what I'm talking about.

Robert Horry is a CLONE of Will Smith. I thought I was the only crazy guy who thought Robert and Will were match made in heaven "brothers".

Michael Jordan looks like that guy from the commercial Mr. Clean. If you Jordan lightens up on the sun, then we have a match.

Dennis Rodman looks like Pamela Anderson. If you disagree, try me! =)

And if he's been all that to the Portland fans used to thugs, how would B. Wells fly here. As if Portland is taking on for equal salary any of our non-big four and, for example, Hendu to trade Wells.

W