Who is next on the list

Rexhawk

It appears that the roster is pretty set:

PG: JJ, Lue, Ivey

SG:Childress,Stoudamire, Delk

SF:J Smith, M. Williams, D. Smith

PF: Harrington, Batista

C: ZaZa, Collier, Edwards

Mullins stated last week that Billie was in negotiations to bring in another big man in outside of Batista. It appears that the hawks may have a chance at some of the following power fowards:

Reggie Evans

Alan Henderson

Darius Songalia

Might be Evans, but, I highly doubt Seattle would let him walk at this point.

I think we either need a starting Center or a more accomplished PF because although Batista may have "some" upside...I don't feel real comfortable with him as the back up PF.

I would feel much more comfortable with Reggie Evans then Batista. But, again, I seriously doubt Seattle would let him walk.

However, they may be interested in a sign and trade of some sort???

I think a quality center would be the best thing fo trade for it that's what's going to happen. Zaza/Collier/Edwards is still not the most formidable trio. I see Batista as more of a backup PF. Someone posted here earlier they read the talks between Chicago and Atl for Curry could begin heating back up. Any word on that. I still believe if healthy, Curry could potentially be the missing link to bringing the Hawks out of the cellar and possibly into a playoff contending team.

C-Curry

PF-Smith

SF-Childress

SG-JJ

PG-Lue

Bench would be a little weaker (or at least more dependent on unproven talent with big upsides-Williams, Stoudamire, Batista, Edwards) with a couple of good players Delk, ZaZa, but very solid non-the-less.

Evans is a banger, but who would we trade? I thought the discussion ealier in the week was Bernie said we would have 6 big bodies. ZaZa, Collier, Edwards, Batista, J. Smith (most consider him a PF), Harrington. If a trade was for another, we all assume Al is the one being traded. I don't see losing Al for Reggie Evans as an upgrade. Al for Curry is a tossup since both are injury risks. Al's knees and Curry's heart, although the latter is the greatest concern.

yeah, he said 2 pfs, 2 centers, 2 pf/centers

zaza is considered a center

collier is considered a center

edwards/batista are pf/centers

so are we keeping al and getting another pf to make our 2 pfs?

are we trading al for a pf (nene/wilcox/etc) and counting smoove as a pf?

we just don't know until the trade

really, the only one we know for sure is that collier is one of the 2 centers in his list if not traded and al is one of the 2 pfs in his list if not traded

he could consider edwards/batista/zaza centers or pf/c

Quote:

yeah, he said 2 pfs, 2 centers, 2 pf/centers

zaza is considered a center

collier is considered a center

edwards/batista are pf/centers

I think at 7', Edwards is considered a center. Batista and ZaZa are the only ones I think that could be considered a F/C. Zaza played center most of the time, but has also played PF.

• Premium Member

I don't think it would be moronic at all to bring back Hendu...

Let me qualify this by saying if we could really get Evans or Songalia we should go for it, but I would take Hendu on the cheap...

Face it, Hendu is a good rebounder, he has good size at 6'10 245. He's not slow and he doesn't require the ball on offensive in order to make an impact. He could possibly lead the league in offensive boards per 48 if he doesn't already.

Quote:

I don't think it would be moronic at all to bring back Hendu...

Let me qualify this by saying if we could really get Evans or Songalia we should go for it, but I would take Hendu on the cheap...

Face it, Hendu is a good rebounder, he has good size at 6'10 245. He's not slow and he doesn't require the ball on offensive in order to make an impact. He could possibly lead the league in offensive boards per 48 if he doesn't already.

Hendu hasn't made a real impact in years. He is a waste of

moneyl ike he has been for years. Take on Hendu cheap.. for

all the money he took from the Hawks he should sign up

for free. The only thing I have to face is that he had rode

the bench for 4 years and likely will do so the rest of

his NBA career.

I'd rather have Collier even. Too many bad times and money

sucking that Hendu caused. Never want to see him in Atlanta

again. PERIOD. I'd rather give a young player that hasn't

had a chance then to give that piece of trash Hendu another

chance.

I thought the Hawks wanted to have a POSITIVE offseason; a Henderson signing would set the team back. Why don't we find Jon Koncak and Blair Rasmussen while we're at it. Hell, Big Dog Robinson isn't doing too much nowadays and we could use another shooter, sign him too (note sarcasm). I don't want anything, and I mean ANYTHING to do with Henderson coming back. He spent more time in a suit during Hawk games than most pastors do on Sundays. Even going back to the good 'ol days at the AJC/Access Atlanta forums, I never liked his skills (or lack thereof), let alone his lack of toughness and athleticism. You expect him of all people to be your enforcer in the paint? You might as well bring back Kevin Willis and Drobnac. The man should not only play for the Hawks for free, he should be paying the Hawks just to have him back on the f'n roster!! Just say NOOOOOO....

• Premium Member

I have absolutely NO respect for Alan Henderson and what he did the last couple of years in Atlanta. In my opinion he stole his salary. He sat on the sidelines and done nothing until he was traded to Dallas. When he got to Dallas he was fine and played the rest of the year. I just don't understand that, maybe I don't know the whole story, but as I see it from a fan's persepective I wouldn't have him in a Hawks uniform again!

not exactly the case. At least...on my recollection.

anyone have the time to 'take this argument to the next level'/ where it really should have 'gone' a long time ago if we're going to 'debate' on Alan Henderson's new contract seasons in atlanta...

why don't we post the games missed and due to what injury so a more objective argument, by both sides, can be presented.