• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Win

wartownrep

The team played well tonight. Not much defense, but they came up with the stops there at the end.

Z was outstanding. He's only going to get better as he gets stronger and more experience.

Salim looked good.

Chilz starting to play aggressive. Liked the drives and his energy. He's earning playing time now.

How must the C's feel? Loosing to the last winless team in the association. I wish I was still in Connecticut just so I could hear Tommy complain about all the calls that went against Team Green.

Good win for the Hawks!

Yeah I also noticed we played better when Joe was on the bench. Also what the hell was Joe Johnson thinking when he was dribbling the ball in front of him guarded by Pierce who ended up stealing the ball? I am glad we won but I kind of question Woodsen keeping Salim in the game down the stretch after he got two offensive charges called on him and on one play he couldn't get the ball to Harrington in the post and had to call a timeout. It's great that we won but I would probably had yanked Salim after those turnovers that could have been costly.

Salim had 6 turnovers. They got so desparate when he was in the game that Harrington started bringing the ball up the court. I guess the Hawks have to live with that for awhile until he learns to handle the ball better.

You have to give him minutes because of his ability to score but I know he will stress out the coaches with those to's.

Also keep in mind that Bostons starting pg didn't play, and he is a very tough defender.

You can live with Salim's turnovers, if he's agressive and making more positive plays than negative.

6 is too many. 3 is probably about right for him, if he plays 30+ minutes.

With more experience at the position, the ball handling is bound to get better. Maybe Salim could become a mini Sam Cassell in the coming years.

I agree. Salim was a solid contributor tonight. I was disappointed with JJs play tonight. I don't know if experience at the point will improve his play, but I could not help but noticed we played better with him on the bench early on.

Noticed Childress and Smith being a little more agressive on D tonight. I like that.

Harrington was a stud tonight.

At least it appeared that way from where I was sitting. It looked like the defender slid underneath him after he had already left his feet. I LOVED the fact that Salim stayed aggressive down the stretch and took the ball to the hole. He will get that call as his "rep" improves. You think they would have called Iverson for a charge in that situation? No way!

• Premium Member

Damn...Salim is the truth. I like what Woody did last night (finally). Salim was on the floor most of the night and the bulk of the minutes during the critical stretches.

Right about now I have to tip my hat to someone; because they straight up called it WAAAAY before anyone else. Long before draft day and during the draft, way before we got to the 2nd round selections. Unfortuneatly, I don't exactly know who it was! crazy.gif lol I'm thinking it was Lascar though.

Chill was showing some of what he's capable of. I loved seeing his aggression out there. He got swatted a couple of times, but he'll have to keep that up. He's still giving it up on the break a little early for my tastes...but he's making the right decisions. Of course, nobody is gonna give the guy props for his agressiveness tonight and nor did they see all the little things he did (key defensive plays, decisions on the break). I hope he continues to fight through it though. It'll be tough with Al, JJ, and Salim launching bombs every possession. He'll just have to play off of them as best he can.

This game highlited the big difference between last years team and this years. Last years team shot 31% from 3 for the season, worst in the league. This years team is shooting 38%. That is a big gap. If Marvin ever wakes up that gives the Hawks 4 legit 3 pt threats. If they move the ball they can get the defense on the run which will open up the lane for the Josh's and Zaza.

They have to move the ball though. That is the key.

They don't have the players to be a good defensive team, although they should be better than last year. However they really should be averaging at least 95 ppg.