Rookie Rankings (I.H.)

Diesel

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well, there you go.

You should always take the player with less potential. I get it now. The proper way to draft is to ignore talent and draft solely on need. That way, we can all look back on it and gripe about not taking the guy who actually has elite ability.

• Admin

Chauncy over Mcgrady? I'd take Chauncy 10 times out of 10...

You talk about looking forward at what a player will be. But you're talking out of your neck if you honestly think you've seen enough of ANYTHING out of Marvin this year to convince you that he will be as good as you think he will be. The only thing we know about Marvin is that he has a pretty shot and good vertical. We haven't seen ANYTHING more than that. NOTHING.

If NO had made that deal, their fans would be just as disappointed in their use of the pick as some of us are today.

• Admin

I see now...you're a sucker for hype and you discount actual results. It's obvious... you crack on Paul, who is producing.. .in favor of blind hype... You worship Mcgrady, who is a career quiter and loser who doesn't make anyone around him better, over Billups, who is a finals MVP and a MVP candidate this season...

what a waste of time..

McGrady is the better player and is a top 5 player in the NBA period. Again, he's averaged no fewer than 24 PPG, 6 RPG, and 4.5 APG in any of his past 6 seasons in the league, and he's a great defender.

LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant = best players in the NBA.

• Admin

Mcgrady is NOT a great defender. He's never been considered a great defender. You're just talking garbage now. The reason he's always been second fiddle to Kobe is because he doesn't play defense and everyone knows it. Give me a break....

He's the modern day Mitch Richmond, a good offensive player who makes nobody around him better and will never sniff a championship.

Quote:

if he had to say that jj was a pg to win over ownership, then jj wouldn't be here if we had gotten paul/deron as ownership wouldn't have paid 70mil for a pg after we just drafted paul/deron and they wouldn't have been won over with jj as a sg as you said...

if that be the case Billy lied and should be fired immediately.

McGrady IS a great defender, and he has always been considered a great defender as well as a player that keeps his teammates involved in things. Using a stat that was used earlier, McGrady holds his opposition to an 11.5 PER while posted a 28.5 PER himself. His +/- is a +11.7.

this one guy named TIM DUNCAN isint so bad either...

but when ur talking McGrady vs Billups, u gotta look beyond stats. who helps the team win or watnot.

its a close call, both are top teir players in their respective positions.

but id definitely take KOBE BRYANT (64 points in 3 quarters?) over TRACY MCGRADY.

Quote:

McGrady is the better player and is a top 5 player in the NBA period. Again, he's averaged no fewer than 24 PPG, 6 RPG, and 4.5 APG in any of his past 6 seasons in the league, and he's a great defender.

LeBron James, Kevin Garnett, Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant = best players in the NBA.

I would gladly take LeBron, Garnett, Kobe, Duncan, Nash, Shaq, Wade, Kidd, Iverson, Nowitzki, Amare, Dwight Howard and a few other players I can't think of right now long before I would take McGrady.