• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delk needs to play

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

There is no doubt in my mind that Royal Ivey is not a NBA calibur player. Tony Delk is a veteran that has won and understands what it takes to win and yes he can play somne point guard. Delk is a great shooter and can split with Lue for PG minutes.

I am really beginning to question Mike Woodson. This team is young and needs veteran direction of which Tony might be able to add on the floor.

With all of the 4th quarter blowups, why wouldn't you play a veteran?

From what I have heard, Royal Ivey(who is NBA caliber by the way)is not the reason TD isn't playing. He is healthy and ready to play, but the Hawks feel like they want to give Salim Stoudamire Tony's playing time. Tony wants to be traded, and I can't blame him. What the Hawks are doing to him is unloyal, he has been loyal to us and we should at least be loyal back by at least letting him dress for games, not dress up. He could no doubt help a contender down the stretch.

Delk is on the roster, and will not get cut.

He is a pawn in our game, and only serves as a trading chip to make the salaries work. Not sure if it's possible for a team to need a veteran presence for playoff run, but he could get us a 2nd rounder in a straight up trade.

Quote:

Delk might as well be cut, he has no value to the Hawks or anyone else in the league.

How would the salary cap deal work if he were to be cut? Would the Hawks still get the $3M in cap room at the end of the year?

Of course this doesn't matter if they are saving him to make a trade work (like one involving AL?)

Still, if Delk is a capable NBA talent the Hawks ought to try and work something out for him to get out there and show it...IMHO

• Premium Member

Waiving him does nothing but clear up a roster spot, which the Hawks don't need.

He'll be traded.

I'd love to see if Aaron Williams or Slava Medvedenko are available. They're nothing special, but they at least have height.

smile.gif