Chris Bosh

ggp

I don't post here very often. I realize that I don't know the NBA as well as most on this board, so there is little that I can add to the mix.

Rumors are not my thing either, but I wanted to share this with the board and see what you guys think. I work with a person that is very close to upper management in Toronto. We talk about Basketball scouting and I hear tidbits about the scuttlebut at the Raptors' front office. The connection is not a decision maker in the organization, but is present at the top level meetings.

The Raptors are really not hopeful of keeping Chris Bosh for long. The feeling is that he will bolt as soon as he is able. The problem is that they are very sensitive about the public perception of the organization. Trading Bosh would be a black eye that will be tough to get over and could get a few people fired. The feeling is that losing him in FA would somehow look better. (Go figure) We all know about the Lakers' interest in Bosh but I don't think that they have the cap space to make a big deal for CB.

Does anyone think that Chris Bosh could be a Hawk next season? It would take a big offer, but they will have the cap space. If Bosh is added to the roster, how would he fit in? And if he is a Hawk, how would you approach the upcoming draft?

Keep in mind that this is strictly conjecture on my part. I am convinced that Bosh will not be a Raptor next year. I am also hopeful that the Hawks will be able to finally pull themselves out of this quagmire.

• Premium Member

I would give Marvin or Chillz and our 1st in the 2006 draft for Bosh.

Bosh is starting to really put his skillset to use. I mean, he's definitely a guy who is starting to make himself into a franchise player and better yet, an allstar.

I say that knowing that he will be restricted and Toronto won't let him go for nothing.

Chris Bosh would be a great fit with Atlanta. He's from Texas, but he played at Georgia Tech.

At around 6'10", he would play a center/power forward position with the Hawks. He's got the length and athleticism that Billy Knight craves in a player, and his skills allow him to extend the floor out to 18 feet consistently.

If I'm not mistaken, he'll be a restricted free agent next year. Toronto will have the right to match any offer, so a sign and trade made have to be worked out.

I'd love to see a Chris Bosh/Josh Smith/Marvin Williams front court in Atlanta.

i dont know how to start a thread...so if anyone wants to do it for me since this is off subject they can.

i went to my little brothers game last night and one of my old classmates was there and shes on the ga tech dance team and i'd heard that harrington has been trying to date her. and she told me, "well hes being traded anyway, he told me he doesnt wanna stay in atlanta."

so theres a direct source, i hope it settles the arguments

I'd gladly send Chilz, Salim & Harrington for Bosh and I'd be willing to take back Rose and his bad contract.

I wouldn't want to trade Marvin or Smoove unless it's the only way Toronto will trade. If thats the case, I wouldn't be willing to add much else to the deal.

Crazy huh? Players like Bosh don't come around that often. A 6'10 player with his skills. I don't feel we're giving up all that much. The only proven player we lose is Al. The other 2 are unproven, but I feel that would be the only way Toronto would even consider it. I am way more reluctant to part with Salim than with Chilz though.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'd gladly send Chilz, Salim & Harrington for Bosh and I'd be willing to take back Rose and his bad contract.

I wouldn't want to trade Marvin or Smoove unless it's the only way Toronto will trade. If thats the case, I wouldn't be willing to add much else to the deal.

Me too.