• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Compare our 4 young guys to NBA players

SmooveTheFuture

Iam Curious to see who you guys compare/feel the 4 young guys we have can be like in the future wat players in the NBA right now. Like for instance the worst player they can possibly be and the best possible player.

Josh Smith - Best and Worst

Amare/Chris Bosh/Ben Wallace/Shawn Kemp type hopefully better

worst case Josh Howard/Gerald Wallace.

Marvin Williams - Best and Worst

Jason Richardson less explosive, Carmelo Anthony,

Rashard Lewis Worst Case Tim THomas

Josh Childress - Best and Worst

Richard Hamilton not as a good a jumper, Shawn Marion, Tay Prince

Worst case Jarvis Hayes. Jared Jeffries.

Salim Stoudamire - Best Worst

Ben Gordon/Damon Stoudamire Worst Case Derek Fisher

Josh Smith could be a really good player if he would drive to the hole more often because no body can stop him. If he played more aggressive on offense then he could be a mixture of all of those players I think. Smooth lefty like Bosh, power like Amare, dunker like Kemp, defense and rebounding like Big Ben.

I believe Marvin can be a more explosive, better range and rebounding Carmello Anthony without all the turnovers.

Josh reminds me of Prince, they have about the same build and do alot of the little things.

Salim reminds me of Gordon.

Smoove is fun to watch...raw as heck but he sure can change things around the basket on defense.

Speaking of defense...anybody see the "lightning fast" Dikembe Mutombo outrun Marvin down the court to get an easy pass and layup last game? - LOL - it was hilarious...they even showed a replay of it.

• Moderators

Somewhat obvious best case/worst case comparators for Smoove that haven't been mentioned:

Kirilenko (who Smith claims to be patterning his game against)

Darius Miles (who has pretty darn similar numbers and athletic gifts and limitations)

Marvin Williams

Best: James Worthy

Worst: Jamal Mashburn

Josh Smith

Best: Dominique Wilkins

Worst: Shawn Kemp

Josh Childress

Best: Shawn Marion

Worst:

Salim Stoudamire

Best: Bobby Jackson

Worst:

I'm struggling to think of a worst case scenario for either of the last two. I'll come back to those players.

• Moderators

Quote:

Miles doesn't have the shot or shotblocking ability of Smith. He was shooting 55% from the line before he got hurt this year and is 59% for his career.

You can distinguish any two players on some level but look at their bodies, games and #s and there were a lot of similarities from their rookie seasons. Smoove will have more heart than Miles and improve his game in ways that Miles never did, IMO.

Miles v. Josh Smith

9.4 ppg//9.7 ppg

50.5 fg%//45.5 fg%

5.9 rpg//6.2 rpg

1.2 apg//1.7 apg

.6 spg//.8 spg

1.5 bpg//2.0 bpg

Those aren't identical and I like Smoove much more but if you are going to compare him to Shawn Kemp you need to throw in Miles as a worst case type of comparison for another raw, athletic prep to pros comparator.

If Smoove's worst case is Kemp and Marvin's worst case is Mash, an NBA title is on the horizon!

As for Chillz, Marion might be a little optimisitc but if he can get close, that would be terrific.

As for Salim, I think Bobby Jackson is actually low for his potential, at least offensively. Salim is already a better shooter than Bobby ever was but Bobby is obviously a better defender.

• Admin

You know as well a I do that both Marvin and Smooths "worst case" are nowhere near that optimistic.

Marvin has yet to show the willingness to demand the ball (on any level) that it would take to compare him to either Worthy or Mashburn. If he does not develop that mentality, he won't come close to Mashburn.

Smooth, right now, can't handle the ball well enough to be compared to either of those guys. He can't reliably put it on the floor and take anyone to the hole. There is no guarantee that he will ever develop that ability either. Without that (and a better jumper) he won't sniff Kemps jock.

I think you're gotten to the point that you're just saying absurd things simply to get a reaction..