• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We got outcoached again!!

Wurider05

Damn Woodson should have left MArvin in the game as he was our best rebounder tonight. He has got to learn to stay with the hot hand and forget about his messed up rotations. Its like no matter how good Marvin is playing once his time is up he is out of there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Damn Woodson should have left MArvin in the game as he was our best rebounder tonight. He has got to learn to stay with the hot hand and forget about his messed up rotations. Its like no matter how good Marvin is playing once his time is up he is out of there.

Speaking of rebounding, where was Zaza late? At least he can make FTs and be aggressive on the boards.

Quote:

He cant play everyone Josh Smith was playing well and bringing more energy then Marvin was. Also had Key block to end the 3rd that led to a Lue 3.

Dude...did Josh Smith give you an autograph or something?

Quote:

Since Knight sees Marvin as a 20PPG scorer they need to develop him more than Josh Smith. Marvin was the second pick in the NBA draft so you got to develop him....Smoove is and always will be

a role player, but you expect Marvin to be atleast an allstar so he needs to be in there.

Explain to me how he will only be a role player and Marvin this megastar. Being the 2nd Overrall Pick and 17th Pick doesnt make a good point. Thats a ridculous assumption Iam just saying Marvin didnt play alot because Smith was brining the energy on both sides of the court. You people cry when Smith doesnt play then when Marvin doesnt play. You cant always win.

Quote:

Since Knight sees Marvin as a 20PPG scorer they need to develop him more than Josh Smith. Marvin was the second pick in the NBA draft so you got to develop him....Smoove is and always will be

a role player, but you expect Marvin to be atleast an allstar so he needs to be in there.

But the point is that you can't just leave Smoove out of a game in place of Marvin . . especially if ZaZa isn't on the floor either.

Who are you going to play at center? Harrington?

People just need to start stepping up on a nightly basis on this team.

You guys do realize that we only made 3 field goals in the 4th quarter, right?

This is not the 1st time this year we have blown another 4 Quarter lead. It comes down to the same thing no ball movement 2 much 1v1 Bs. Its Like once the 4th quarter comes along we forget how to play team basketball. There was no defense earlier in that quarter where they blew that lead. No leader to stop the run or move the ball. Same story different day.

Quote:

Quote:

But the point is that you can't just leave Smoove out of a game in place of Marvin . . especially if ZaZa isn't on the floor either.

read the game log on espn.com. harrington miss, harrington miss, harrington miss. that was pretty much the fourth quarter.

Smoove will never be anywhere close to the player Marvin is. Marvin already has the complete game. Only thing lacking from Marvin is the experience. Sure Smoove has the athleticism over Marvin. Smoove is not a smart player. That is another area Marvin clearly surpasses Smoove. Smoove is getting by just on his athleticism right now. If he will ever put in the hard work on his ball handling skills and become smarter at the game. Then he may surpass or equal Marvin talents.

Quote:

Quote:

F*ck why not? Someone suggested that in the offseason and I thought they were crazy... But h*ll, this one of the worst teams on defense in the NBA. How much worse are they really going to be with Al playing minutes at center?

Quote:

Smoove will never be anywhere close to the player Marvin is. Marvin already has the complete game. Only thing lacking from Marvin is the experience. Sure Smoove has the athleticism over Marvin. Smoove is not a smart player. That is another area Marvin clearly surpasses Smoove. Smoove is getting by just on his athleticism right now. If he will ever put in the hard work on his ball handling skills and become smarter at the game. Then he may surpass or equal Marvin talents.

Your making it seem like Marvin is this superstar player that is winning us games right now. I dont see how Marvin Williams is that much better then Smith. Sure they are both young players who have to work on there game. But to say MArvin Williams is this complete player right now is a joke. If he was this good right now he would be starting and winning us games. At times earlier this season he has looked completely lost. He is playing good now thats a good sign I myself would have taken Paul over him all day long. But like someone said Earlier Smith isnt the one that is blocking his PT its Al Harrington you cant have 3 guys who want to play big minutes when theres only 2 positions open.

I agree with you that Marvin should have played more and I KNOW Ivey should have as well.

How in the heck can Ivey help us go from a 1 pt deficit at halftime to a 9 point lead and get benched before the 6 minute mark of the 3rd? He was playing GREAT, bringing energy on both ends and rotating PERFECTLY on D. What does Woody do, bench him and watch a 9 point lead disappear in about 4 minutes. Ivey was our best PG tonight BY FAR. Lue couldn't guard anyone without fouling and Salim was HORRIBLE.

As for Marvin, Chillz is the one who should have got more time on the pine, not Smoove. Marvin was rebounding like a mad man and making plays for others - his two assists were BEAUTIFUL. His shot didn't fall but he did get a chance to get it going because Woody pulled him so quick. Chillz was OKAY but he isn't big enough or strong enough to guard LeBron yet. Woody should have stayed with Smoove, Al or JJ on him and let Marvin guard Marshall.

I thought Woody lost this game by failing to maximize favorable matchups that were working. He fell into the same old trap of one one with JJ and Al in the 4th and we lost.

Note - For all you Al haters, he played very good D all night. He took a few turns on LeBron and did well but he really defended Gooden well in the low post. He even guarded him one on one and blocked his shot.

correctly in the 4th. Al is a terrfic one on one player (as is JJ) but you don't go to that all the time in the 4th. We have enough shooters that we should be able to get a good look for one of them if we EXECUTE. Instead, Woody would rather call isolation plays for Al and JJ and it doesn't work all that often.

• Premium Member

Damn... How many times did Cleveland just take the ball for JJ and Chillz?? Leading to fast breaks.. Why in the hell does anybody foul Bron on the fast break???

One other major problem is that we sent them to the FT line over 50 times.

I don't care who you are, if a team goes to the FT line over 50 times, then you're going to lose.

Finally, the coaching in the 4th was horrible.

I didn't understand the subs.

When Lue fouled out, why not go back to Ivey? Ivey was actually playing well for the 1/2 of a minute that he played. He had a very nice block on "dat man".

I might upset some people with this statement, but this is true...

Salim Stoudamire does not make us better. He plays no defense. All he does is shoot. He's a Big Dog in a PG's body playing Sg. I hate that we have become so reliant on him on the court. I would rather see Ivey more.

Our doubling on Bron (in the worst spots) left Marshall wide open.

We should have won this game.