• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith vs. Dominique Wilkins

Duff_Man

Quote:

Josh missed more dunks in a game last week than Nique missed in his entire career..There is no comparison..

not dissing Nique but I hope you are right. Josh had the dunks like Nique in this video, yet he had some blocks that were just as impressive. not one defensive highlight from Nique on that entire video. I hope you are right about there being no comparison between the two players.

• Admin

How can that not be considered a diss against Nique? A hall of fame player, one of the best scorers, dunkers and all around players EVER and you hope Josh Smith isn't like him? Give me a break. The fact that there is a clip in there if josh blocking a shot owes more to the internet and the recording of EVERYTHING than it does to any shred of defensive prowess he may have. Niques shots were HIGHLIGHTS, many of josh's, including his blocks, were little more than screen caps from the game. That may be the most short sighted comment i've ever read on this site.

Quote:

How can that not be considered a diss against Nique? A hall of fame player, one of the best scorers, dunkers and all around players EVER and you hope Josh Smith isn't like him? Give me a break. The fact that there is a clip in there if josh blocking a shot owes more to the internet and the recording of EVERYTHING than it does to any shred of defensive prowess he may have. Niques shots were HIGHLIGHTS, many of josh's, including his blocks, were little more than screen caps from the game. That may be the most short sighted comment i've ever read on this site.

LOL . . . he's obviously a guy too young to remember just how great Nique was to this franchise.

Player wise, there isn't any comparison. Nique was a better shooter, passer, scorer, rebounder, free throw shooter, anticipator ( as far as steals ), and overall basketball IQ.

The ONLY thing Smoove could do better, is block shots. Nique even had a better post game than Josh.

I wish Smoove had 35% of the heart and desire that Nique had.

LOL . . this is like someone saying that they hope Jordan was a good of a shooter as Ben Gordon.

i am 29 years old. i remember the Dominique days well.

i would make the argument that YOU are shortsighted. for someone as athletic as Josh Smith has shown he can be at the 4 spot is amazing. you have to keep in mind you are comparing a 2 guard in essence to a Power Forward.

Of course Dominique is a Hall of Fame player. Will Josh Smith ever be? unlikely. however my post was made in the context of the Hawks current roster. they need somebody who can play defense, not win the slam dunk contest. after all, how many times did Nique play in the finals? after all, is that not the long term goal? am i being shortsighted?

Quote:

it's not nique's fault he didn't play in the finals

he played much better than smoove ever would against Bird

just for clarification.... i'm sorry this thread got hijacked into this silly discussion. LOL

i was just making the point that the current Hawks need a few more defensive minded players and i am glad that while he may not be as of yet, josh smith has the ability to be a force on the defensive end.

Quote:

Quote:

it's not nique's fault he didn't play in the finals

he played much better than smoove ever would against Bird

just for clarification.... i'm sorry this thread got hijacked into this silly discussion. LOL

i was just making the point that the current Hawks need a few more defensive minded players and i am glad that while he may not be as of yet, josh smith has the ability to be a force on the defensive end.

Dominique would bring much more to this team overall.