• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trying to figure out my MVP vote...

Weez

I found this quite impressive:

Suns guard Steve Nash is shooting a career-high 51.2 percent from the floor, 42.8 percent from beyond the arc and 90 percent at the free throw line. Only three NBA players have averaged more than 50 percent from the field, 40 percent or more from 3-point range and 90 percent from the line in a season: Reggie Miller with Indiana in 1993-94, Mark Price with Cleveland in 1988-89 and Larry Bird with Boston in 1986-87 and 1987-88. ...

my vote goes to

1) LeBron James- 30.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.7 apg

2) Steve Nash- 19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 10.7 apg

3) Dwayne Wade- 27.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.8 apg

4) Elton Brand- 25.1 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.02 spg, 2.63 bpg

all 4 candidates are shooting the ball extremely well. u can make a strong case for any 4 players.

Brand has the best defensive stats, but isint getting as much MVP-LOVE as he was early in the season.

quick note- remember how on a yearly basis KOBE BRYANT and TRACY MCGRADY had similar numbers across all statistical categories?

well, go to NBA.COM and compare DWAYNE WADE and LEBRON JAMES. other than 3-pt shooting %, all numbers are pretty close.

something i think about here and there- "wat if DETROIT picked WADE instead of DARKO?" MIAMI (their biggest rival wouldnt be the powerhouse team they are now, and heck- might not even have SHAQ on their team). On top of that, DETROIT would be even better. theyd easily come out on top of the eastern conference.

• Admin

You don't think eh? And who is going to knock them out? The Hornets? laff.. Stow your kobe hate. They will make the playoffs. Heck, they could make it as a 7 seed. When they do, who has done more with less than Kobe? He's averaging 35 per game (one of the few in decades), shooting a good percentage, playing D, rebounding and passing well. All that with only one real quality player on his team. Who else on that team could start somewhere else besides Odom?

He is shooting 44%, 34% from 3. As good a shooter as he is his percentages should be higher.

My problem with him is shot selection. He forces too many shots when he doesn't need to, especially in the 4th quarter. I also think he takes too many long range shots.

I would like to see him take more midrange shots off the dribble and get more post ups.

Wade is shooting 50% and he is shorter and not as good a shooter as Bryant. He just has better shot selection.

• Admin

he also has a better team and a true inside presence to pull defenses off him. Put him with a bunch of scrubs where he's up against the clock on every other possesion and his % would drop, naturally.

It's absurd to expect anyone who faces doubles, triples and defenses designed to do nothing but stop him to shoot any better.

When they lock their playoff berth, it will be hard for anyone to convince me that he's not the MVP. At this moment there isn't anyone in the league as responsible for their teams success as he is.

• Admin

wtf are you debating a few % points? give me a break. The difference between 47% and 50% is nothing more than window dressing and something to give stat hounds something to talk about. In the game it's an insignificant margin. A SG that shoots 45% or better is routinely considered very good for his position.

• Admin

I think you don't. But most people do. Very few SG's in the last 10-15 years have shot better than 45%. A SG that shoots 50% is generally considered exceptional. Guards period rarely shoot 50%. John Stockton routinely shot right at 50% and is considered one of the best shooting guards EVER.

AI is a several time MVP candidate and he's only shot 44% or better twice, with one of those times being this year.

I picked the other elite shooting guards playing right now. maybe you would like me to compare him to scrubs to make him look better.

it would be easy for me to come up with a much more extensive list but no matter how many i get you still wont be convinced because you are back into that groupie mentality.