sad but true...

Weez

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

And I am sure it was Marvins fault that we lost.

You keep criticizing Marvin for not producing, then when he produces you still won't give him any credit.

BTW how many shots in the lane did Al contest last night?

don't change the subject when you have him cornered Exodus.

• Premium Member

No you pointed out Marvin's scoring like he's some kind of difference maker..

Hell Everybody's scoring averages are up.. Should that be any suprise..

Al's shooting 20 ppg for the month. Chillz scoring is up. Smoove is putting up triple double type numbers..

So what's the big deal.

We're scoring well over 100 ppgs over the last 4 games.. why shouldn't his scoring be up.

However, when you watch the game... Does Marvin game really help us. Is he doing more than Donta could have done with the same time? I think not. No need to throw a parade because he put up 15 points... Big Whoop... Donta could have done the exact same if not more.

• Premium Member

In fact.

Most of the time when Marvin hits the floor, I expect...

DUMB FOUL...

Hey... But he's putting up 15 ppg now... wonderful. Maybe by next year, he can slide right into that Tim Thomas 16 ppg, 7 rpg.

The fact is Marvin was hitting his jumpers last night and has been finishing better in the lane.

How many of the other Hawks have been averaging twice their seasons average over the last 4?

No matter how well Marvin plays you will continue to dog him. If he scores 30 you will say "But Villa scored 48 so Marvin still sucks".

• Premium Member

Did I say anything about Charlie V. I said nothing about that...

I said.. Donta could have gotten us 15 in the past 4.

I noticed Marvin hitting shots. That's what he's supposed to do.

Now that he has risen to the level of a 2nd round pick, you want to go out and throw him a parade and let him cast Mardi gras beads at everyone from on top of the float...

Come on Ex.

Save that for something more meaningful.

If Marvin had come out and scored 30, I would have given him credit. Especially if it meant something.

Diesel, you are incapable of giving Marvin credit for the good things he does, or the good games he has. For this reson no one can take your evaluatuion of him seriously. He scores points, you say he didn't make us win. He has a bad game, and you point to his lack of individual production.

He's improved steadily the entire season, yet you give him no credit for improvement.

In your mind he'll always be a step behind because you've set an expectation for the #2 pick that is SO high, that ONLY an NBA championship will satisfy, all because you preferred to take someone at a different position.

You won't be happy with Marvin no matter what he does.

• Moderators

Quote:

the flip side of that argument is Marvin was picked #2 while Mcgrady, O'Neal, and Bryant were mid to late first rounders.

McGrady was a lottery pick - an earlier pick than Amare Stoudemire or Paul Pierce. Kobe was chosen #13 overall - at the end of the lottery.

O'Neal was really the only one who was a late round guy and GMs universally would take all those guys higher if given a second chance.

• Premium Member

Let me ask you something...

How many times does Al score 15 points or 20 points or 25 points and I give him applause or a pat on the back...

Goto the search and find ONE instance where I gave Al credit for scoring 15 points or 20 points or 25 points??

Now...

Why should it be different for Marvin?

Marvin scores 15 points and you guys think I should throw him a parade...

Why?

Quote:

Donta could have done the exact same if not more.

Then why hasn't he? He has 4 points on the season. Tell me what Donta does that makes you think he can do the same things as Williams.

And don't use playing time as an "excuse" when you despise people making "excuses" for Marvin.

Quote:

In case you haven't noticed Marvin is averaging 15 ppg over the last 4 games.

It's actually 15.25 ppg with a 52 fg%. laugh.gif

I would bet that if BK put Marvin on the trading block, there would be 29 GMs lined up to make an offer.

• Premium Member

Ok...So when was the last time I gave Smoove a dat a boy for scoring 15 points.

Notice. I give Smoove praise for almost getting a triple double or for carrying the load when JJ and Al are off.

However, Marvin is dutybound to get us 15 ppg when he plays 28 minutes..

Wouldn't you think that is fair??

I mean damn.

Are the expectations that low??