• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Owners Talk to AJC

Lascar78

I don't think that they've made their mind up and that it's 100% certain that he will be back. Like I said, I think that at the end of the year, they'll all sit down together and evaluate what has happenned and how they feel about keeping Woody and BK. My gut feeling is that they both will get one more shot, but it's not been decided at this point.

Clearly if it was already decided that they both will stay next year, they would have said that. I don't believe that anyone here is arguing that they've already made their mind up. But I also don't think that they've decided to fire either one. I think that as of right now, they've had more pressing issues than deciding whether they will fire either one (thrashers, belkin), and that they will move on to that phase when it's appropriate, i.e. when the season is over. I also think that even if they do want to get rid of either one , they won't actually fire them until they find replacements.

Guest Walter

(BK)

Quote:

"We added two very important pieces
last year
, Joe Johnson and Zaza Pachulia"

Chill, you didn't read the "last year" part of BK's quote and others insist upon harping over semantics (sorry I did not quote directly, though I thought I was"). When ZaZa is an "important piece" and your #2 pick is not, that is NOT GOOD!

W

that maybe the reason he mentioned ZaZa and not Marvin is because Marvin is a given when referring to important pieces for the future? Good or bad, Marvin is an important piece. If he is bad, his selection could hurt us for years to come. If he is really good as most suspect he will become, he will be a starter for us for the next decade+.

ZaZa on the other hand was a young, cheap, FA pickup that people arent sure of his future with the team. Thats why I can see him being mentioned specifically.

Quote:

Chill, you didn't read the "last year" part of BK's quote and others insist upon harping over semantics (sorry I did not quote directly, though I thought I was"). When ZaZa is an "important piece" and your #2 pick is not, that is NOT GOOD!

they were talking about the fact that they were able to sign great free agents despite the disfunctionality of the ownership, and one owner trying to take over and prevent the others from signing FA's of their choice. Hence the JJ and Zaza comment.

It is not surprising to draft a player despite ownership disfunction.

Talk about reading something into nothing

Guest Walter

BK mentioned both extremes in JJ and ZaZa. You can't argue he was mentioning only star to superstar players or "good find" marginal starter players. Marvin simply was not mentioned among important pieces acquired last offseason. Sad.

W

No. It's a given that a GM will have a 1st round draft pick, you get one each year. JJ and Zaza were acquisitions that the GM had to work for. Essentially creating something out of nothing.

That being said, if Marvin came in and lit up the NBA, surely they would mention what a brilliant selection he was given that we already had players at his position.

I think that they are still evaluating everything and that a final decision has not been made on whether to retain BK or Woody. That said, I will be VERY surprised if BK is not back next year but I'll only be mildly surprised if Woody is gone.

Early in the season when things looked REALLY bad, Woody was on the hotseat but Bk wasn't. I find it hard to believe that BK would go from not even being on the hotseat to being fired in less than a year. Conversely, it is CLEAR that at least some of the ownership group felt that Woody was not getting the job done and while I think Woody has done better, I'm not sure that Woody has done enough to keep his job. Time will tell.

• Premium Member

If you really look at the quotes from last off-season...

It was Belkin who was Marvin greatest praiser..

If you recall, Belk came to the MW workout and not the Paul & Deron workout..

Imagine if you will if Belk was behind Marvin's pick and not BK...

Don't you think BK would have some bit of resentment if his true pick were say Paul?

I remember that BK was said to be trying to scramble at the last minute to get another PG with promises of a future pick.

It's an option that nobody has considered but what if Marvin were truly Belk's pick??

Then would it be a fraudian slip that Bk says in the interview:

" We expect that Marvin will turn out to be a 15-20 ppg pro"

" Marvin will be a good pro"..

and not mentioning Marvin when talking about his better acquisitions of the past offseason...

They are nowhere near good enough to compete for a championship. They have made some poor moves since BK was erroneously fired, especially in the draft, that has limited their potential long term.

Pau Gasol is their only really good to great player, and he was brought in by BK. There winning 45-50 games, but they are going to be one and done in the playoffs. Had BK been kept, he very likely would have made the moves to acquire the talent they need to be a championship team.

• Moderators

Quote:

I think that they are still evaluating everything and that a final decision has not been made on whether to retain BK or Woody. That said, I will be VERY surprised if BK is not back next year but I'll only be mildly surprised if Woody is gone.

Early in the season when things looked REALLY bad, Woody was on the hotseat but Bk wasn't. I find it hard to believe that BK would go from not even being on the hotseat to being fired in less than a year. Conversely, it is CLEAR that at least some of the ownership group felt that Woody was not getting the job done and while I think Woody has done better, I'm not sure that Woody has done enough to keep his job. Time will tell.

I agree with this. I don't buy the implicit Marvin critcism on the thread but I did think it was telling that ownership immediately endorsed Hartley and Waddell but put off the same question about BK and Woody. That signals to me that it is an open question whether to retain one or both of them. I agree Woody is the more likely to be let go.

• Premium Member

If Adleman is fired in Sac-Town... I don't doubt that he will get serious consideration as our next coach. If BK can't run with that idea, then it might me the end for him and his big plan.

Adleman is a good mix with BK. They both praise an open offense. Adleman likes ball movement above all. Adleman used to like the big Gaurds...

Quote:

They are nowhere near good enough to compete for a championship. They have made some poor moves since BK was erroneously fired, especially in the draft, that has limited their potential long term.

Pau Gasol is their only really good to great player, and he was brought in by BK. There winning 45-50 games, but they are going to be one and done in the playoffs. Had BK been kept, he very likely would have made the moves to acquire the talent they need to be a championship team.

lol Billy Knight isn't ever going to build anything.