• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where are all the Isiah Haters?

Diesel

he wins in the postseason. No reason for the Pacers not to win with probably as much talent as anyone in the league top to bottom. He almost let his team blow the game tonight with a 20pt 4th quarter lead and the only reason they won was a bogus non-call on the final regular time basket by Allen.

• Premium Member

The same guys who dissed Isiah gave props to:

Doc Rivers, Lon Kruger, and Flip Saunders.

Neither of those guys have gotten further in the postseason than Isiah... [censored], Doc has even won a coach of the Yr award...

So you can save that BS about postseason.

along with a dose of reality because you obviously need it. I dont care who gave props to whom. I dont consider a coach to have done jack until he gets his team to greatly overachieve and get deep into the playoffs. Until Isiah does that, he wont get any props from me. 7 or 8 season opening games does not prove anything. Lets see him do it for the entire season and the playoffs and then you can start kissing his butt.

They have beaten teams they should have beaten. The best team they played was NJ and lost by 11. They have only played 2 road games and the other one was a Mia who is bad. So far they have done what they should have done, nothing more. The Mil game last night showed some major weaknesses in the team. They also have the advantage of having basicly the same team as last year which is always good for a few extra wins in the begining if its a good team. Lets hold off on the Isiah is great theme until atleast the all star break.

go overboard with the praise. They have played 6 home games to our 2. Lets wait and see how they fare on the road before we start handing Coach of the Year awards to Zeke. I will give him credit for getting them to play hard though. They have been impressive in that aspect so far.

so what? so he is finally coaching a team to its potential?

I'm so sure that you'd be posting if he had exhibited his excellent coaching jobs of the last 2 years...

as far as BHD he is probably busy taking down his "sidney lowe" coach of the year 2002-2003 banners

smile.gif

• Premium Member

Don't lose yourself in the moment.

We played Chicago/Utah at home.

On the road we beat Denver (who can't) and we drop games to Pho, Utah, and Sactown. Then we beat the Lakers (no Shaq).

And we catch Charlotte in Atlanta on the second night of a Back to back and beat them.

I wouldn't consider that hard.

Where's Dallas, Orlando, Boston, and Indy?

Only 2 home games in the first 8 is hard no matter who the opponents. If you had told me before the season started that we would come back from the West Coast road trip 4 and 4 I rwould have been very satisfied with that and that is exactly what happened. Look at the records of teams like Indy, NJ and Philly at home versus on the road and you will see at least a part of the reason for their quick starts. If we continue to take care of business at home, we have a great shot to make some nosie in the playoff race.

• Premium Member

But the truth of the matter is that we played 5 teams that were under .500 and 4 teams that were over .500.

IF you want teams with a hard schedule, go dig up Minn. go dig up Da Bulls, go dig up Portlands schedule.

We haven't really played the top teams. The win over N.O. was impressive but not too impressive. They were coming off a Back to Back on the road.

• Admin

any way you cut it, playing five of your first seven games on the road is hard. Especially for a team that is not very good on the road. Stop trying to discount it just to try and prove a meaningless point. For THIS team, we had a hard schedule to open the season. Maybe it's not hard for every team in the league. But for this team, a team that has stunk on the road in the last few years, it was a difficult schedule.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

playing five of your first seven games on the road is hard. Especially for a team that is not very good on the road.

This is exactly why the title of my last post was Hard for Us.

Playing on the road is hard for us. However, we have beaten teams that we were supposed to beat.

Denver, Chicago, Utah (at home), Lakers without Shaq are games we were supposed to win.

We should have beaten both Utah and Phoenix.

We were supposed to lose to NJ and Sactown on the road.

The Hornets win was really the only one that strikes me as a win that shouldn't have been so easy. Reason being is that N.O. is a very good road team. However, we did play them on the second game of a B2B.

So in my mind, we should be more like 6-3 instead of 5-4. But that doesn't suggest that we have had the hardest schedule.

I mean, we haven't played Dallas. We haven't payed Boston. We haven't played Indy. We haven't played Portland.

The teams I have mentioned: Portland, Minn, Boston.. All have had schedules that were harder than we have had thus far. Doesn't take anything away from us. It just says that we are not playing at the level that they've played so far.

You say we should have beaten them both but those teams are good teams at home. Maybe we should have beaten them but that doesn't mean that if we had beaten them that they were "easy" games. Utah could very well be 3-0 at home but they lost to DET 80-78 in a hard fought game. We have only had 3 home games and the only gimme road game we had was DEN (and even they beat POR at home). I think we have had the toughest schedule thus far without question but hopefully, that will bode well for us over the next few weeks.

• Premium Member

Utah 2-1 at home...

Detroit, Atlanta, Golden State.... Come on.

Phoenix 4-1 at home....

Cleveland, Detroit, Atlanta, Portland, and Houston.

BTW, PTL is a terrible road team. However, they have played an impressive Schedule:

Denver, LAL, Dallas, Sactown, San Antonio, Houston, Phoenix, and Memphis.

Could we have won those two games? Of course.

Still, I think we have the hardest schedule of all to begin the season. After this coming up weekend, we will have played all 4 teams that were in the conference finals last year (Boston twice). Thats 5 games out of 13 against teams in the conference finals last year. Nothing easy about that.

---where we were at this time last season. I feel that

the Hawks are a better team now than they were at the beginning of the season.

Early road games are always hard and they are even

harder when the team hasn't played together. We still

have some tough games just in front of us. We have

a 2 game cushion on the .500 goal for the early part of

this one and as Hotlanta Dude says, we may need this

cushion by the ebd of the month,