• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Adding Pick #8

xman

Houston has pick 8 but it looks like the pick is too low to get what they need.

So, they might prefer to trade the pick.

What kind of deal could be worked out?

Houston has several assets to deal:

Luther Head: #24 pick has really developed into a nice swing guard that can backup PG and SG

A PF - either Juwan Howard or Stromile Swift

Possibly Alston

The RealGM post was talking about dealing MWilliams for a pick to get MWilliams the PG.

Maybe something like:

MWilliams for #8, #32, LHead?

Quote:

Seems much more likely that BK would trade down to #8 with his #5, if indeed he is as PG-focused as many maintain he ought to be.

Well, Houston would love to move up for Roy or one of the PFs. What would it take?

Houston would love to do #32 and #8 for #5 - but it doesn't seem like enough.

#8 and a lotto protected #1?

Quote:

MWilliams for #8, #32, LHead?

thats a horrible deal for us.

Marvin Williams has the trade value of a #1 or #2 pick in this year's draft.

Josh Childress for #8 pick is fair; but im willing to be that any team w/ the 8th pick will take his chance of getting lucky in the lottery (and gettin a better player than Childress) rather than taking the already established NBA role player Josh Childress.

Remember that Childress was at the top in the league in fg%. He can shoot the 3 and take it to the rim. His weakness offensively is that he can't create for himself but he can play off McGrady and Yao.

Houston is looking to win now and I can see them taking Childress instead of an unproven rookie.

The fact that Diaw blew up with the Suns certainly helps our cause in trade talks.

• Moderators

Quote:

Can Chill guard most SGs? If so, then it might work.

Childress doesn't have the footspeed to hang with fast shooting guards. He wouldn't be the worst defensively but he just doesn't have the quickness to be nearly as good defensively at SG as at SF, IMO. He has played a pretty good amount of SG for the Hawks, though.

I agree. Why is it that many here want to trade Marvin after one year in which he did show good skill sets. Oh I know...he didn't win Rookie of the Year. Who cares? Marvin is going to be the real deal and I don't think his season was bad considering that Harrington was there.