• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Belkin's Intentions

KB21

Agree, if everything he said is true and that he is not all for money than i would be happy to see him as our owner.

Kb why are you changing his words? I know you want to keep BK here and so do I, but don't try to change his words that he is selfish and all about hmself when you don't even know him.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything bad in what Belkin said in the article. The Suns had already signed Raja Bell to a big deal. Why would they have matched JJ's contract? And, have the current owners really been that big of a success? I keep hearing about the progress BK has made. I guess going from 13 to 26 wins is good, but does anyone really think the Hawks will be in the playoffs next season? And if they're not, they lose the lottery pick because of the JJ deal. I say give Belkin a chance. He can't be much worse.

boy i thought i had a problem with Diesel.

KB makes Diesel look like a choir boy. atleast he tries to make some sense while purposefully instigating arguments.

KB is officially on "ignore" just as soon as somebody tells me how to do it.

i'd appreciate a volunteer.

thanks in advance.

P.S. a doctor........ grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

i call bullish on that one

Quote:

I feel sorry for your patients

That's BS. You have no idea how dedicated a person has to be to get into med school and then go through 7+ years of training after a 4 year college degree. Then you make only *ok* money working long hours to treat people who feel entitled and will sue you if they aren't happy. All that because you care about people.

That's an ignorant remark. This is a silly basketball forum. You railed at KB for insulting people in the first place, then you attack him for the thing he's dedicating his life to. Hypocritical, thoughtless, and ignorant.

• Premium Member

Earlier this year, Coangelo and Sarver came out and said that they would have matched...

I put myself in their shoes...

Somebody wants to steal my FA without acknowledging me?

Come on, they would have matched and would have traded JJ to another team later. It is foolish thinking to believe that Phoenix would have just let us waltz off with JJ. They were not financially strained...

• Premium Member

Quote:

I treat people the way they deserve to be treated.

That's scary to hear a future doctor say in the context of treating his patients...

Isn't the first rule "Do no harm"?

That's do no harm... That's not consider the patient and do harm according to weather he deserves it or not.

Are there any medical ethics classes being held over there at PSCOM?

KB is the one that brought his profession into the forum..Not me..He used it to demonstrate how noone should question the authority of what he or BK says in their given professions because they are experts and the rest of us are not..KB is the one that is CONSTANTLY calling people names like stupid, idiots, or insulting their intelligence if they don't agree with him...

"Then you make only *ok* money working long hours to treat people who feel entitled "

How are you any better?..With the above remark you show your true colors..How about treating people that are sick and need help?..Why would you refer to them as people who feel entitled?..As my father was laying dying in a hospital last year, I don't recall him feeling entitled...I also don't recall any of his doctors being arrogant asses..They were dedicated and professional and actually answered questions without making anyone feel stupid for asking.

How's school going? I'm assuming that you are finishing up with your second year and will start clinical rotations in August.

I've got my board exam on the 27th of this month and start my family medicine rotation in August.

Quote:

That's an ignorant remark. This is a silly basketball forum. You railed at KB for insulting people in the first place, then you attack him for the thing he's dedicating his life to. Hypocritical, thoughtless, and ignorant.

Not ignorant at all. My father and brother are both doctors, and I work in health insurance billing. I know a great deal about the life of a doctor. Many doctors have a tendency to get a "god" complex. They treat assistants, nurses, and patients like they are ignorant idiots, and hate to be questioned on anything. All of the behavior that KB illustrates on this board indicate that he could be this type of doctor.

I admire the study and work that a med student and resident puts in, but it can give them a sense of entitlement and authority that isn't truly their's.

From my impression of KB on this board, I wouldn't want to be his patient either.

What he will have if he buys the others out at cost is tremendous equity..He will have less than a hundred million invested and own 2 franchises that may be worth 3 or 4 hundred million combined..He will be able to borrow against the worth to finance the teams easily..Money should not be his issue.

The NBA has no say so in it..He could easily use his banking experience and equity to help finance the team while he is looking for other investors..The fact that the teams are worth 3 or 4 times what he will have paid for them makes it pretty easy to find investors.

• Moderators

I agree that the NBA won't let someone operate with finances like that. There are rules for owners for the amount of liquid assets you need to have to support the team, etc. The NBA won't let an existing owner run the team based primarily on loans.