Scott

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Source: Big Ben Heading To Bulls

The biggest free-agent prize of the NBA offseason appears to be off the market. Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons that he will sign with the Bulls, Insider Chad Ford reports. The deal is believed to be $52 million for four years.

I wouldn't necessarily say years to come but definitely this year and next or so. Chicago has put themselves in a position where they will have trouble resigning a few of their best players. They better move Chandler fast for an ending contract. (PJ Brown) They have a really, really nice core, though. Now is time for that Kevin Garnett deal. wink.gif

Gordon/Deng/Chandler/filler for Garnett. hahahah

Hinrich/Sefalosha/Thomas/Garnett/Wallace ehhh jk

Ben Wallace is not worth that money. He gradually declined this season and had a bad playoffs. He can't be on the floor at the end of tight games because of his free throws. Teams have been making the Pistons pay for his lack of offensive skills by leaving him alone...he will be pretty old by the end of the contract.

I know that I wouldn't want the Hawks to have gotten him. Ben Wallace is truly an overrrated player these days. The Bulls just bought a stock in decline.

Quote:

Ben Wallace is truly an overrrated player these days. The Bulls just bought a stock in decline.

I'm not sure that I would want him for that money either, but decline or no, you have to believe that his acquisition makes Chicago, with all of the pieces they've acquired and last season's play, an instant contender. They'll need to move Chandler now, but their suddenly much closer than they were. This move tips their hand; they think they're pretty close to complete ...

Ben was the anchor for their defense, and the only players they had behind him are older guys like Dale Davis and I'm not even sure Elden Campbell played for them this year. Without him, the Pistons will no longer be the favorites in their division. I think the Bulls just jumped over both the Pistons and the Pacers, and I think you better watch out for the Bucks. The Bucks got awfully smart this past week when they dealt T.J. Ford and kept Maurice Williams.

I could certainly agree with that. I wonder if the Bulls would be willing to give up on him. I have heard that they are ready for that, but it seems like he could still become a force in this league. His back and his contract worry me, but he would definitely combine with Shelden and Speedy to really make an enormous impact on our ability to play defense.

I like Chandler because he can run the floor and he plays defense. I hate his contract...I have no doubt that the Bulls want to move him now. Too much $$$ to come off the bench.

The Hawks have to be VERY careful about money because we have some guys that will need re-signing. As much as Chandler would give us depth in the post, his salary could kill us in a few years. Plus, Shelden would have no need to play the 5 and would add to the forward logjam.

Yes, and Al would make a lot of sense for Chicago. Even though they drafted Tyrus Thomas, the Bulls still have a need for an interior scoring presence. While Al is more of a power small forward, he is good on the low block and will give them 18 points a game playing off Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, and Luol Deng. What he will lack in post defense is made up by the presence of Ben Wallace.

A combination of Tyson Chandler, Shelden Williams, and Josh Smith could give the Hawks the best defensive front court in the NBA, and Zaza would give the Hawks great depth at the post positions.

If they could swing this deal, there is no reason, barring injuries, why this team could not at the very least compete for a playoff spot. It would be a lot tougher for opponents to stroll into the lane and get career numbers, that's for sure. Think of the lineup:

Claxton/Lue/Ivey

JJ/Childress

Smith/M. Williams

Chandler/S. Williams

Pachulia/Jones/Bautista

It won't remind anyone of the '87 Lakers but its the best squad they've had in the last decade by a long margin.

I wouldn't mind Chandler but I'd personally prefer Magloire so that they can be in position for the stronger 2007 free agency class if they allow him to walk or produce a S/T.

I think that Tyson Chandler will end up a Hornet. The Hornets can trade PJ Brown for him and Brown's contract ends next summer which gives Paxson cap relief in a better FA year.

I think Harrington makes little sense for the Bulls because they already have starters in Deng and Nocioni...Deng won't want to play behind AL. The Bulls won't spend that kind of money on AL when they have a better FA crop next year...and they already have two fine forwards to build around. The Hornets getting Tyson makes a lot more sense for the Bulls.

Quote:

Yes, and Al would make a lot of sense for Chicago. Even though they drafted Tyrus Thomas, the Bulls still have a need for an interior scoring presence. While Al is more of a power small forward, he is good on the low block and will give them 18 points a game playing off Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, and Luol Deng. What he will lack in post defense is made up by the presence of Ben Wallace.

A combination of Tyson Chandler, Shelden Williams, and Josh Smith could give the Hawks the best defensive front court in the NBA, and Zaza would give the Hawks great depth at the post positions.

Bingo. I haven't been this excited since the last championship. I'd hate to lose Tyson, and I am not an Al fan - but I think the Tyson to Atlanta trade would be a win for both sides.

Atlanta gets a guy who plays defense, rebounds and doesn't need to score. Chicago gets a guy who can play in the post and hit the jumper.

A lineup of;

Kirk Hinrich

Ben Gordon

Luol Deng

Al Harrington

Ben Wallace

with reserves of Nocioni, Thomas, Thabo, and Duhon - damn thats nice...