• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN BIG BEN TO THE BULLS

Scott

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bulls are gonna be serious next year...

Hinrich/Duhon

Gordon/Sefolosha

Nocioni/Deng

Sweetney/Thomas/Songalia

Wallace/Chandler

That team can get defensive...with Miami getting older and Detroit losing Wallace Chicago really may be pushing to be a top 2 seed in the East

Nocioni is a great defender and a rising star in the league...he won't like that deal. BTW, AL better learn how to play defense again because Skiles won't put up with what I watched last year. AL just makes very little effort on defense...Nocioni is a better player because of the defense that he brings. AL was interested in getting his shots. I'm glad BK is cutting ties...smart move.

Scott Skiles would not tolerate AL's defense for one second.

Quote:

Nocioni is a great defender and a rising star in the league...he won't like that deal. BTW, AL better learn how to play defense again because Skiles won't put up with what I watched last year. AL just makes very little effort on defense...Nocioni is a better player because of the defense that he brings. AL was interested in getting his shots. I'm glad BK is cutting ties...smart move.

Scott Skiles would not tolerate AL's defense for one second.

I agree Nocioni is a better defender, by far, but he is not a full time 4 and he does not have a very good post game. He's a team player and I have no doubt that he would accept whatever role on the team he is given. I'm not a big Al fan, but I think the Chicago brass is - I just sort of expect they are going to try and get him signed...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Think of the lineup:

Claxton/Lue/Ivey

JJ/Childress

Smith/M. Williams

Chandler/S. Williams

Pachulia/Jones/Bautista

You are out of your mind if you think that Billy would trade for a useless player like chandler for $10mil a year. He doesn't add a single thing to this roster. We just picked up two rebounder/shot blockers in the draft who are better than him right now. No way we trade for Chandler

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Think of the lineup:

Claxton/Lue/Ivey

JJ/Childress

Smith/M. Williams

Chandler/S. Williams

Pachulia/Jones/Bautista

You are out of your mind if you think that Billy would trade for a useless player like chandler for $10mil a year. He doesn't add a single thing to this roster. We just picked up two rebounder/shot blockers in the draft who are better than him right now. No way we trade for Chandler

You have to be kidding me if you think Solomon is better than Chandler right now. We'll see on Shelden.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Source: Big Ben Heading To Bulls

The biggest free-agent prize of the NBA offseason appears to be off the market. Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons that he will sign with the Bulls, Insider Chad Ford reports. The deal is believed to be $52 million for four years.

If the Bulls sign Wallace, they still would have no post player and therefore still would be a jump shooting team with no penetrators. Their defense will be good but the offense would still stink. They will not be the favorite to win the east.

Quote:

Source: Big Ben Heading To Bulls

The biggest free-agent prize of the NBA offseason appears to be off the market. Ben Wallace has informed the Pistons that he will sign with the Bulls, Insider Chad Ford reports. The deal is believed to be $52 million for four years.

Joe Dumars screwed the pooch when he traded Darko for scraps.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

You have to be kidding me if you think Solomon is better than Chandler right now. We'll see on Shelden.

O.K. you tell me what chandler does better and back it up with facts please

So you are telling me that NBA GMs saw a big man in the draft who could average 9.7 rpg and 1.8 bpg like Chandler did prior to last year and let him slip into the second round of the draft? BS. The reason he went into the second round is that no one thought he could do what Chandler does now - get 9+ rpg. If NBA GMs believed Solomon could get that many rebounds per game he would have easily been a first round pick. That is a fact.

Quote:

Quote:

Think of the lineup:

Claxton/Lue/Ivey

JJ/Childress

Smith/M. Williams

Chandler/S. Williams

Pachulia/Jones/Bautista

I'd rather stick with the rookie or something... The Hawks don't have the offensive talent at the other spots to be able to afford to start a crappy offensive player like Tyson Chandler.

Chandler is a good role player and would work for some other teams... But you can't have Smith, Chandler, Zaza who are all three inferior offensive players starting at the sametime.

• Moderators

Quote:

Chandler is a good role player and would work for some other teams... But you can't have Smith, Chandler, Zaza who are all three inferior offensive players starting at the sametime.

Smith is already blossoming into an offensive player. Zaza is pretty good offensively as a center already. That and rebounding are all he does.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you are telling me that NBA GMs saw a big man in the draft who could average 9.7 rpg and 1.8 bpg like Chandler did prior to last year and let him slip into the second round of the draft?

Wasn't Gilbert Areanas a second round pick and Greg Ostatag, Big country, Kwame Brown, Eric Dampier, Olowakandi etc 1st round picks. Can you say bust!!

Quote:

Quote:

Chandler is right now one of the best rebounders in the game and is a tremendous defensive player who is 7'1". He changes games. Its true he doesn't have any game on the offensive end, but he is one of the better young men in the league. He had the worst season of his career last year and it was as good as any season Nene had (who just signed a 6yr 60 milion deal)

I'm sorry that pretty dunks impress you, but Chandler is a basketball player who helps teams win games in the 4th quarter.

Quote:

Quote:

Smith is already blossoming into an offensive player. Zaza is pretty good offensively as a center already. That and rebounding are all he does.

Is Josh Smith a guy you can give the ball to and expect scoring? He doesn't seem like a legit option right now... His jumper while improved is still mediocre, his handles aren't great, and he doesn't have a post game.

To win you need legit options. ZaZa is a good chip in scorer, but not somebody you can count on everynight... Not and expect to win.

You either need 2 superstars or 3 really good scorers atleast IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you are telling me that NBA GMs saw a big man in the draft who could average 9.7 rpg and 1.8 bpg like Chandler did prior to last year and let him slip into the second round of the draft?

Wasn't Gilbert Areanas a second round pick and Greg Ostatag, Big country, Kwame Brown, Eric Dampier, Olowakandi etc 1st round picks. Can you say bust!!

I call your comparison of Solomon to Gilbert Arenas illfounded and based on nothing more than rank speculation. Show me some facts about the success rate of second round big men and give me a reason to believe that Solomon is going to be as good as Gilber Arenas RIGHT NOW.

Saying that lottery pick big men have busted does nothing to establish your position that Solomon is better right now than Chandler. In fact, the rate of success for big men at the top of the lottery is much higher than that of second round big men. I invite you to tell me how many second round big men averaged 9 or more rebounds their rookie season. This should be interesting.

Solomon is not even remotely as good as Chandler...he needs to focus on making the team. This is showing a severe lack of basketball IQ...you may want to re-think your argument.

Chandler may or may not be a good fit for the Hawks. Solomon is light years away from Tyson Chandler.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Solomon is not even remotely as good as Chandler...he needs to focus on making the team. This is showing a severe lack of basketball IQ...you may want to re-think your argument.

Chandler may or may not be a good fit for the Hawks. Solomon is light years away from Tyson Chandler.

O.K. he has a good chance of being better than Chandler because Chandler is very limited as a basketball player. As evidence that Scott Skiles benched him after he was given a big contract. Is that a fair statement?