• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could this Hawks team win:

Diesel

• Premium Member

I can understand that.

But I think you need to look at the magnitude of what having Ai would mean for the organization.

We here on HS talk about money as it relates to players.. but we're totally naive as far as Money goes as it relates to TV Contract, Radio Contract, Merchandising, and Luxury Boxes. The "youth movement" won't do what Ai can do. I think PHilly would definitely try to squeeze every ounce of blood out of us for that deal.

There will be immediate chemistry problems between Allen Iverson and Joe Johnson/Marvin Williams simply because both Johnson and Williams have the ability to be scorers. Allen Iverson will never be able to coexist with another scorer on his team.

Quote:

There will be immediate chemistry problems between Allen Iverson and Joe Johnson/Marvin Williams simply because both Johnson and Williams have the ability to be scorers. Allen Iverson will never be able to coexist with another scorer on his team.

JJ is a pure playmaker before anything else. He is a very good scorer, but his best attribute is playmaking and playing off the main guy. So I think they'd gel more than they would have chemistry problems.

AI has avg. 6+ assists throughout his career, including about 7.5 over the last 3 years with guys that aren't exactly big scorers. Those 2 in the backcourt together would probably avg. about 48+ ppg / 12+ assists.

Quote:

When was it that you talked with AI and JJ/MW about each other? I would like to know about that conversation. Or are you using Danny Ainge's braintype to see if they have chemistry problems?

Quote:

I figure Philly would push for Al/Lue/Smoove.

I hate this trade, man. We're just now building up some real depth...and this trade just totally destroys that. I don't need some overpaid, self-indulgent superstar. Just give me a team with strong depth across the board- which is what we're building to right now.

And I would HATE trading Smoove. 141847_bcuss1.GIF