tmac13

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

I think Lue's minutes will suffer and not Salim's I think that Salim will be JJ primary backup at SG. And will also remain in the game with JJ playing the point. He will also be the PG in games where we are playing from behind. I see him playing about 20 minutes per game.

Bear in mind in my projections that I cut Lue's minutes by 12 and Salim's by 6. I just don't know that he can sustain the same minutes from last year given that we have so much more depth at the PG/SG positions.

• Moderators

Quote:

I see what you are saying but I don't think that Speedy is a 30mpg type of guard even though he is starting.

He had 28.6 mpg last season and I am projecting him at 28 mpg. I don't think is unreasonable given that he will be a starter this year.

• Premium Member

What I say is that it's OK to trade Chillz Just not for a player who we will only have for one year.

I think that Chillz gives us a strong BU at the 2/3 position and he can even handle the ball fairly well. IN this league, Depth is a sought after commodity. I'm not so willing to trade away our depth unless it's for a player who really will help sustain us for more than 1 season.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I just have to ask why some of you think Chill would take less money and less playing time to stay on Atlanta when several teams would be after him to be a starter with more money on (probably) better teams. Why exactly would he resign in Atlanta? Any player that's not going to stay in Atlanta needs to be dealt if we can get a good return on value.

You don't have to do anything now because you have within the cba a device that allows you to match or trade players that get offer from other teams when they become restrictive free agents.

• Premium Member

Yes, I know that, but if we can value NOW that can help our team win why not do it? Magloire isn't a MVP but he is a former All-star player whose 28 and if he resigned could give us stability for the next seven years at center. Is that so bad?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes, I know that, but if we can value NOW that can help our team win why not do it? Magloire isn't a MVP but he is a former All-star player whose 28 and if he resigned could give us stability for the next seven years at center. Is that so bad?

He didn't even stabilize Milwaukee's center position. Plus he is a free agent at the end of the season so if you want him, you can just sign him outright rather than trade someone for him.

Why trade a young talent for a guy you can just sign outright the following year? We aren't going to the NBA Finals with or without Magloire this year so why give up Chillz?

I could see trading Al for Magloire straight up because we don't lose anything but the only way I would consider trading Chillz in a deal for Magloire is if Magloire agreed to an extension before the deal was made.

• Premium Member

Maybe you were not a Hawks fan during the Danny Manning Debacle. However, I don't want to repeat it. Magloire looks like a bad situation. Why do you think N.O. would have rather been without a Center than to keep Magloire??

I just think they knew that Magloire was going to bolt...

Shouldn't we have the same thought??

Moreover, next year is a big FA year, that means that there will be more FAs but it also means more teams with money.

Quote:

...We will be losing Chill in two years regardless of what else we do in 2007 free agency.

You make a good point there Sothron...as young as our guys all are, there is no way we are going to have 10 years of continuity at all these positions. As each and every one of them come up for free agency they are going to be looking for the best situation and the highest payday. No need to develop 1/2 the youth in the league just so other teams can finally get some capspace in a few years and come in and snag em. In 5 years - out of MW, JS, JC, Salim, and ZZ - I would be very surprised if we still have 3 of them. More than likely 2.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

...We will be losing Chill in two years regardless of what else we do in 2007 free agency.

You make a good point there Sothron...as young as our guys all our, there is no way we are going to have 10 years of contiuity at all these positions. As each and every one of them come up for free agency they are going to be looking for the best situation and the highest payday. No need to develop 1/2 the youth in the league just so other teams can finally get some capspace in a few years and come in and snag em. In 5 years - out of MW, JS, JC, Salim, and ZZ - I would be very surprised if we still have 3 of them. More than likely 2.

They still have S&T value as JJ and others show because they are restricted free agents first.

Quote:

...They still have S&T value as JJ and others show because they are restricted free agents first.

Agreed, and I'm not for just throwing away guys. I'm just hoping we can build a balanced team that has both quality youth and quality experience and one that is competitive year-in, year-out.