• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

without a doubt, setting up for the next deal...

flava

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

"At worst, he gives the Hawks a sign and trade chip for next offseason."

yeah that sign and trade stuff has worked wonders for us this summer hasn't it!

In the past, we S&T Jackson for Harrington and Harrington (probably) for $4M and a first round pick. That isn't too shabby.

yup

we started with a $1mil contract for sjax that we gave up nothing to get

we got al for that

we are now getting $4mil cash for that original $1mil contract AND a 2007 indy pick to replace the pick that got us jj

so, we gave up a late first (diaw) who wasn't gonna re-sign with us, jason terry (via walker) and sjax for Joe Johnson, a top 5 sg in this league

oh yeah, and we drop a few spots in next year's draft...we'll prolly be around the 10th pick and indy around the 16th...

plus, if we get mags, even better

Quote:

Billy Knight could be wanting more money because they want to bring David Anderson over from Russia. They know it might take giving him a contract like Zaza's before he would come to the states. I would love to pick up Magloire and Anderson. I think we need both. From what I have read. Anderson runs the floor well which fits into the style we want to play although Magloire has the better post game.

honestly it may be something in the middle. use the cash to bring david anderson over but not get mags...

but i know this..we HAVE to be getting another big man somehow..we can't go into the season with zaza and then batista/shelden working as backups.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Magloire could very well get us some assets next year.

The best time to go asset shopping with SNT is when you're the only one holding the money.

Next year is a big free agent year. That also means that Next year there will be a lot of teams with money.

It's the wrong time for us to take a player who is pretty much after money and try to use him as an assett.

The sadest part to this story is that Toronto will have a ton of cash..

You remember Toronto.. the team that Magloire wants to go to... the team that has all positions filled except C.

Getting cap space and a trade exception is one thing...using it is another...time will tell whether or not ownership is really willing to spend up to the salary cap...I'm guessing they are not...I think that the ownership squabbles have handicapped this franchise much more that we're lead to believe...look no further than the Thrashers whose team payroll is definately going to be lower than last season.

Quote:

yup

we got al for that

Please Nick...why sugar coat it...finish the progression by saying:

- and for Al we got nothing.

(with the 23rd pick in the 2007 NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks take Cziblon Nurebek from Borneo)

• Premium Member

Magloire won't go to Toronto... and I might believe what you're saying.

Toronto will have more than 20 million dollars to spend next offseason.

They will have Bosh = PF, Bargnani = Sf, Jones = SG, and Ford = PG.

Why will they ignore Magloire especially when he's been campaigning for Toronto for the last 2 years?

Quote:

Quote:

yup

we got al for that

Please Nick...why sugar coat it...finish the progression by saying:

- and for Al we got nothing.

(with the 23rd pick in the 2007 NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks take Cziblon Nurebek from Borneo)

Hey, don't knock Cziblon Nurebek.. He could be the next Roko Ukic!

I'm not saying he won't go to Toronto. It does not negate the fact that we could still get some assets out of Magloire.

In the event he signs with Toronto. We could still get something in a S&T with them, but more likely would be to trade Magloire in the middle of the season to a team looking to make a playoff push. We seem to have gotten decent offers for Al during the same period.

• Premium Member

Well, they're paying Rasho less than 8 million for the next 3 years. Rasho is actually a cheap big. Not as cheap as Zaza but Cheap... I suspect that they will use Rasho as a starter this year... but really Rasho is BU quality.

But with Rasho's 7.8 million, they still are 20+million dollars under.

Quote:

I don't think it is likely at all. Chris Wilcox is floating around $60 million over 6 years as the contract he wants. It's more likely that he will simply sign the one year tender with Seattle and become an unrestricted free agent next year.

That's what Wilcox is asking but the market is not responding. I think it is unlikely he gets the 60 mil. You guys think he's worth 48 mil?

I'd much rather wait him out, since he has only produced for half a season. We sunk a lot of money into Alan Henderson based on what he did for half a season, and it burned this team badly.

I'm not completely convinced that Chris Wilcox is the player he showed in Seattle.

Quote:

I'd much rather wait him out, since he has only produced for half a season. We sunk a lot of money into Alan Henderson based on what he did for half a season, and it burned this team badly.

I'm not completely convinced that Chris Wilcox is the player he showed in Seattle.

While I agree with that, Wilcox played great all year. That's one of the reasons Seattle got him in the Radmo deal.

How motivated would Philly be in dealing Dalembert now that AI is apparently staying? With his age and ability, and even unfavorable contract, I wonder if he wouldn't be the one we're clearing the salary space for.

• Premium Member

Ugh. I'd have to say choosing between Wilcox or Dalembert would be like picking between urine or feces for the second course. tongue.gif

I know we both agree about Dalembert but Wilcox IMO is even worse: he's a guy with only 28 games of doing anything worthwhile in the NBA and he's trying to get 60 million bones for it. I well remember being snowballed by Hendu into thinking he was worth that kind of money and once he got his contract he was MIA as far as heart and drive were concerned.

No thanks to Wilcox or Dalembert. I want us to keep our cap space to go after Kirk Hinrich, Chris Kaman or Ridnour in 2007 free agency.