• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF is up with you guys?

y2kenta

Why are you guys coming up with all these trade proposal with us dealing Salim and/ or Batista?

We are not trying to get rid of everybody. The goal is to lose Al (who was limiting our youngsters) and get value in return. Now even though I don't agree with just getting cash + a 1st for the top free agent left this summer and teams (like GS) offering more. And we also add a player (allbeit just a stiff, Edwards) for only CASH and a pick! Why not get Foster, Tinsley, Harrison, or somebody.

With Al gone, all our guys will have more opportunities to step and Salim is a pure scorer and Batista is very young and pretty good already while he's learning. Why do we need to move them again?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you have any concept of what it means to take on bad, long term contracts?

I know that it must be difficult for some of you to be invalid fans, but it's not too difficult to see what long term damage can be done by taking on contracts like Tinsley and Murphy have.

Quote:

Do any of you have any concept of what it means to take on bad, long term contracts?

I know that it must be difficult for some of you to be invalid fans, but it's not too difficult to see what long term damage can be done by taking on contracts like Tinsley and Murphy have.

what exactly is an "invalid fan"?

Quote:

An invalid is a person that is partially or completely disabled....such as a person with a mental disability.

Somehow, I knew that medical term would be above most of you.

Are we not blue-eyed and blond-haired enough for you? Hold on, let me get a ladder so you can dismount your horse in order to answer. I often agree with you, but you're kind of going off the deep end.

Recognizing that there are very few fans on this board that are intelligent and can think things through is not going off the deep end.

Why else would there be people constantly crying about not getting Troy Murphy and fans thinking that trading for Samuel Dalembert is a good idea? It's because those fans are stupid. Just flat out, low IQ, mentally weak, stupid.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Recognizing that there are very few fans on this board that are intelligent and can think things through is not going off the deep end.

Why else would there be people constantly crying about not getting Troy Murphy and fans thinking that trading for Samuel Dalembert is a good idea? It's because those fans are stupid. Just flat out, low IQ, mentally weak, stupid.

KB, I agree with you most of the time and you defintely have knowledge about players, etc. I am a business man and have been for many years. Everyone has an opinion and they may not agree with you or me at certain times, but that doesn't always make them ignorant and stupid. You and I have been around since the late 90s with others on the old access atlanta boards. I am really watching this ownership thing closely because the Atlanta Spirit, LLC are making some major business and legal blunders IMO.

Since when does a 1st round pick become nothing?

I guess we traded Boris Diaw and nothing for Joe Johnson then. Most of you idiots bitched about giving up those two first round picks in that deal, and now suddenly, getting one back from Indiana constitutes nothing.

Quote:

Quote:

Al snt for nothing...nice work BK.

I don't exactly see the Al for 'nothing' (except cash, picks) deal as a bad thing, but I am beginning to look at KB21's reverence of BK's decision in terms of theodicy and the solutions a lot of great thinkers proposed for it.

To KB21, BK is infallible and omnipotent. Thus, any decisions that look bad to us only appear as such because we are mere pebbles in the stream, unable to see the greater flow of the river around us. BK's plan is that higher purpose which we cannot, as mere mortals, comprehend or even perceive. If we disagree with BK's great plan, we are simply heretics to be branded for our insolence and stupidity. What lowly wretches are we!

• Premium Member

KB21 no offense but that attitude is insulting. People can actually disagree about basketball issues and still have a good grasp of the NBA. I am mid management in a Fortune 500 insurance company with a duck as a mascot with two degrees in history. I have watched the NBA since my father would take me to watch the Hawks starting at three years of age. I sincerely doubt that I or anyone else here would be "unintelligent" because of a disagreement on an internet message board.

Call me crazy though. tongue.gif

Quote:

KB21 no offense but that attitude is insulting. People can actually disagree about basketball issues and still have a good grasp of the NBA. I am mid management in a Fortune 500 insurance company with a duck as a mascot with two degrees in history. I have watched the NBA since my father would take me to watch the Hawks starting at three years of age. I sincerely doubt that I or anyone else here would be "unintelligent" because of a disagreement on an internet message board.

Call me crazy though.
tongue.gif

Is that duck voiced by Gilbert Godfried?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Al snt for nothing...nice work BK.

I don't exactly see the Al for 'nothing' (except cash, picks) deal as a bad thing, but I am beginning to look at KB21's reverence of BK's decision in terms of theodicy and the solutions a lot of great thinkers proposed for it.

To KB21, BK is infallible and omnipotent. Thus, any decisions that look bad to us only appear as such because we are mere pebbles in the stream, unable to see the greater flow of the river around us. BK's plan is that higher purpose which we cannot, as mere mortals, comprehend or even perceive. If we disagree with BK's great plan, we are simply heretics to be branded for our insolence and stupidity. What lowly wretches are we!

Well Z, that is one way to put it!