• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Honest answers

tmac13

Quote:

Quote:

Which would also guarantee that the Hawks will lose one of the young stars they have on the team due to their inability to go into the luxury tax threshold to sign them.

We lost them when, after we drafted them (JC and JS), we successively, over the next two years spent higher draft picks to bench them. HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A GM DO SUCH A THING AND [censored] UP SO BADLY?!? Draft two talented players and in the next two years one by one burry them on the bench with higher draft picks when famine exists at several other positions?

If I'm JC or JS I can't wait for my walking papers if I'm going to continue to be benchwarmers. Injury was drafting MW and SW in the first place, insult is being benched, but of course KB is looking for "bargains" so in 2 years we can have enough money to throw at the backs of at least one of our two alienated prospects as they run for a team that doesn't [censored] them over.

KB, I know you are conveniently avoiding posts that challenge you and all, seeing that you have no response but "whatever BK does is good" and you are ever made to look foolish, but your contention that money is what will keep these prospects here is STOOOOOOOPID!

When BK is gone, what is going to be your legacy KB? You are a shell of a poster, only affirming what BK does or will do. FAITH has it's place, but it's not here.

W

if you can't answer the tough questions on Billy Knight then your opinion carries absolutely no credibility on this board.

the posts are there asking for explanations (most of us call them excuses) since KB seems to have so many. tell us why we are so ignorant and you and Billy are so much smarter.

you have officially been called out by more than one Squawker!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

KB has been around a long time and has always had a valid opinion/stance about the Hawks. You may not always agree with what he says but his knowledge about the team / game and especially the college ranks are unquestioned.

I would sooner listen to what he has to say then anything from you.

Well, this has been the first year that I've been very critical of BK as I've otherwise loved the talent that he's assembled. It is possible to undo all the good with terrible drafting, FA signings, etc. I'm disgruntled because I don't think we've maximized our positions in the draft, FA and with AL.

KB can love every single move by BK, it's his right. As it is mine or any other poster to voice an opinion. I've played, coached BBall since I was a kid, a player and walk-on. Doesn't mean I'm all knowing, nor is Diesel, nor is KB. They always have interesting takes though.

Guest Walter

Quote:

KB has been around a long time and has always had a valid opinion/stance about the Hawks. You may not always agree with what he says but his knowledge about the team / game and especially the college ranks are unquestioned.

I would sooner listen to what he has to say then anything from you.

Seriously, when was the last time KB stood for something that wasn't first stood for by BK? Name one instance in the last 2 years. ONE!?!

Capstone, can you post one single solitary example in the last two years where KB and BK have disagreed? I'll settle for where KB said we should do something, anything, that BK hadn't done or wasn't rumored to be doing.

He doesn't say who he thinks we should draft anymore, just who he thinks BK might draft. He said that about Bargnani, Foye, and SW, the later only after it was all but concluded we'd draft him. "Bargnani is a guy BK would look at". [censored] like that. He only half-assed has stated he likes the SW drafting after it was pretty much known to be occuring.

FAcy? The same thing. KB no longer suggests any trades or FA signings he would like unless they are already suggested by BK or Hawk's rep. The Lo signing? KB didn't weigh in on whom we should go after in FAcy but d@mn it was a "BARGAIN" once Lo was signed. The Speedy signing. A good deal IMO, but KB didn't mention what Pg he would want to see here (Banks, perhaps?) or if he even wanted a Pg here (as BK has been reluctant to say we needed one) prior to the rumored signing. He's said he doesn't think we need a true Pg, but that's related to the signing of JJ and his previous ill-thought-out position that JJ was a Pg. About that, JJ wasn't (wrongly) a Pg to KB until the BK rumor made it OK for him to say so (because Chill was a Sg then and we needed a Pg). Al shouldn't be traded at the dealine according to KB only after it appeared we wouldn't trade Al at the dealine. KB has been silent on Bernie's assertion that SW will start at Pf and JS and MW (and JC) will fight it out at Sf, but that's because, having no room for a position himself, when he doesn't agree with the current plan he must only shut up.

This is all KB's fault. He's painted himself into this absolute corner where he cannot disagree without feeling he weakens his position (whatever it is underneath all his non-opinions clocked in whom BK might draft or why a BK signing was a "bargain"). for example, I asked people recently to list the things that BK has done well or poorly if they dislike or like him respectively. I listed 10 things I like about BK. All genuine approval. KB, could not answer the question like many of us did, even refusing to answer the question, then he insisted BK has not done one thing wrong. What?!? Why? It's not because he's a well-reasoned proponent of BK, one with his own ideas independent of BK, who cannot see one actual mistake, BK a perfect-GM incarnate. It's KB's loss of himself in this debate. He has eroded his credibility to zero. He is the Donald Rumsfeld of Hawks' Basketball.

KB no longer has a valid stance on the Hawks. It is sad because he use to post actual opinions on what the Hawks should do and when. Now he waits for BK to make up his mind for him.

...oh, and the college stuff? He lied directly about watching a college player in person. Why would anyone choose to believe his "scouting"?

W

Quote:

Seriously,
when was the last time KB stood for something that wasn't first stood for by BK? Name one instance in the last 2 years. ONE!?!

KB makes stances all the time. He just changes them once BK makes a decision. There's a difference.

1. From Dr. Z's sig, BK will build around SAR and JT.

2. Marvin will be a top 15 talent

3. Chris Paul is too small to be effective in the NBA.

4. BK will build around Al Harrington

5. Shelden isn't a BK type player

He takes stances all the time, that's not really his problem. He probably does more so than just about any poster here.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously,
when was the last time KB stood for something that wasn't first stood for by BK? Name one instance in the last 2 years. ONE!?!

KB makes stances all the time. He just changes them once BK makes a decision. There's a difference.

1. From Dr. Z's sig, BK will build around SAR and JT.

2. Marvin will be a top 15 talent

3. Chris Paul is too small to be effective in the NBA.

4. BK will build around Al Harrington

5. Shelden isn't a BK type player

He takes stances all the time, that's not really his problem. He probably does more so than just about any poster here.

Good one. All the others are from >2 years ago IMO. His loss of self started just before or after the MW pick. Other than the SW isn't a BK-type player assertion, has there been an independent assertion from KB in the last 2 years? I guess the SWs one burns a little KB.

W

I think the offseason moves were o.k., but nothing to get excited about.

I also think that any improvement the Hawks make on the court this year will be based more on improved play from JJ/Smoove/Marvin/Childress/Zaza then from any of the offseason additions. Reason being is that is the core group for the Hawks.

Sheldon can certaintly play himself into that core group, but he is just a rookie so expectations should not be too high so soon.

Speedy is a great back-up point guard and a huge upgrade over Ivey/Lue, but I am not certain he will last the season playing starter minutes. I would love for him to prove me wrong.

Wright is an average back-up big man who doesn't hurt a team when on the court but also doesn't do much to help a team win either. An upgrade from Edwards sure, but since the Hawks team is so young anyway I would almost rather give those minutes at the 5 to Sheldon and Batista, even if they are playing out of position.

• Premium Member

I don't see what all the comotion is about.

I think it's just unneccessary whining.

This year was a weak draft year... (Period).

WE had to get A starting big out of the draft or be at the mercies of every free agent and other team willing to trade us garbage.

I believe Shelden is the best pick available and probably the best player out of this draft.

In free agency, we needed a PG.

I think many here has underestimated Speedy. He's not bad. With 30 mpg on our team, I predict that he can be a 13/8 point guard.

What happens with Al will happen. If we get nothing, so be it. However, I would rather see us get a player who can contribute now over a pick that has to be developed.

We can use the other pick to package in some other deal this or next year. The FA calss will be better and more players will be on the block. Once this ownership stuff get straight we will be in a better place to deal and we need as much as can get since our best trade assest (AL) will be gone.