• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can anyone in their right mind believe that

Admin

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Bynum has the chance to be a very special player in this league, whereas Mihm will NEVER be anymore than average at best.

Which is why the Lakers are likely not even considering offers involving Bynum.

They just haven't gotten one as good as Al/Childress. I showed a newsreport from last year citing LA Laker's insider's stating Phil Jackson didn't want the guy. Kobe wants to win now. GM Cupcake is the lone holdout and certainly the team would revisit keeping Bynum for Al/Childress after their playoffs last year.

We've got some uninspired thinkers here. Those who either "like" Mihm better then Bynum (laughable) or those afraid to make the bold move to reshape a team for a potential championship run rather than mediocrity.

W

There's another possibility. Perhaps there is not as much promise in Bynum as you are giving him credit for.

Did you read the Tex Winter article? It's not a ringing endorsement.

Personally, I can't say. I usually leave the forecasting to the experts like Tex Winter. If the Lakers are trying to unload him and we don't want him, chances are your dream that he will be our "Shaq" to take us to a championship are out of the question.

Guest Walter

Quote:

or those who are realistic enough to know that sometimes players are untouchable and you're waisting your time.

Again, you have only ONE person to convince about Bynum and the two most powerful people on that team are one our side. What would be wrong with asking? I've even posted how you go about doing it. "They won't think of it" is not a credible response! They've never been offered this much for the 9th pick and they are even more a win now team today!

W

you don't know what they've been offered, and you don't know who's saying what behind the scenes. And I never said "they won't think of it", I said that IF they have decided that he's untouchable (and they would tell other GMs that), BK would be waisting his time pursuing it. I'd rather think about players we can get rather than write manifestos about players that we can't get.

Guest Walter

Quote:

And I never said "they won't think of it", I said that IF they have decided that he's untouchable (and they would tell other GMs that), BK would be waisting his time pursuing it.

...because Bynum isn't worth to another team what he would be to us if he developed as he should and because Al/Childress is a huge offer in terms of talent! I mean please. Don't try and suggest that I have to know every possible deal to make this claim with some degree of certainty. Obviously, I don't work for LA, but this deal is very good for them and for another team to beat it and justify it they would have to be in a similar situation where they would otherwise lose a player (Al) for very little and are 3rd string benching a good, young player with no potential to start for their team. Any other team in our situation right now? Last year? No. I think my claim is very credible given what we know anyone of us can know.

2) Your quote is some odd contradiction. You never said they wouldn't think about it but if they've decided he's untouchable then they wouldn't think about it? I don't know what that means. I shown where Phil didn't want Bynum, prefering a ready player, Kobe most definately wants to win now, and Cupcake, the weakest of the 3 is the only one in Bynums court. "They" would not appear to speak to anyone but Cupcake, he's never remotely been offered JC and Al, they are even more a win now team than last year,...

3) How much time does it take to call them up GDit? You can make a sandwich in the time it takes to get a deal like this done.

W

This is from Hoopshype..

"Al Harrington has yet to find a home and the Lakers have often been mentioned as a suitor. Unfortunately for LA, the Atlanta Hawks want a package that includes young center Andrew Bynum. That's a price the Lakers are simply not willing to pay. They have very high hopes for Bynum, who made dramatic strides in his second summer league. At just 18 years old, Bynum's development is still inconsistent, but LA is more than prepared to wait.

With Bynum off the table, the Lakers have a standing offer based around Chris Mihm. At this point talks are quiet as Atlanta, along with Harrington's (impending) new agent Arn Tellem, shop for the best deal."

So, KB you can now adjust your thoughts to BK's accordingly..

Guest Walter

And in fact the rumored deal is some silly, one-sided offer of Al for Bynum, an expiring contract or two and a 1st rder. We might as well ask for Kobe and Phil. Any deal that is just Al will not get us returns WE NEED. We couldn't even get Harrison for Al. We have to package Al! This shouldn't be a suprise to anyone at this point. Al is valuable as part of decent package. Package Al/Childress and watch the LA Lakers have to seriously rethink Cupcake's loyalty to Bynum if not jump on this.

NOBODY can name a better, more available center prospect than Bynum, NOBODY, and while ZaZa is decent, he is exactly NOT the type of hybrid Pf/center without defense or the ability to own the lane on either end that you want to pair two Sfs with! If we want to a 2, Sf team we have to lock down the post and no Mihm, ZaZa, or Lo are going to do that. There isn't a better, easier, more likely option on the horizon. What are we waiting for? Al to get us 2, lottery unprotected 1st rders (HA!), Childress to start for us? Neither are going to happen, so let's get something potentially of tremendous value to the team at little risk as project centers don't lose their value! Take a risk free chance people! Quit building a parts is parts team with the goal of mediocrity! If we're gonna run with 2, Sfs, let's get a potential MAN-beast in the post that can own it, one already incredibly skilled for being HS senior age, one who let's MW and JS do their dual Sf thang!

W

Quote:

This is from Hoopshype..

"Al Harrington has yet to find a home and the Lakers have often been mentioned as a suitor. Unfortunately for LA, the Atlanta Hawks want a package that includes young center Andrew Bynum. That's a price the Lakers are simply not willing to pay. They have very high hopes for Bynum, who made dramatic strides in his second summer league. At just 18 years old, Bynum's development is still inconsistent, but LA is more than prepared to wait.

With Bynum off the table, the Lakers have a standing offer based around Chris Mihm. At this point talks are quiet as Atlanta, along with Harrington's (impending) new agent Arn Tellem, shop for the best deal."

Quote:

And in fact the rumored deal is some silly, one-sided offer of Al for Bynum, an expiring contract or two and a 1st rder. We might as well ask for Kobe and Phil. Any deal that is just Al will not get us returns WE NEED. We have to package him. This shouldn't be a suprise to anyone at this point. Al is valuable as part of decent package. Package Al/Childress and watch the LA Lakers have to seriously rethink Cupcake's loyalty to Bynum if not jump on this.

NOBODY can name a better, more available center prospect than Bynum, NOBODY, and while ZaZa is decent, he is exactly NOT the type of hybrid Pf/center without defense or the ability to own the lane on either end that you want to pair two Sfs with! If we want to a 2, Sf team we have to lock down the post and no Mihm, ZaZa, or Lo are going to do that. There isn't a better, easier, more likely option on the horizon. What are we waiting for? Al to get us 2, lottery unprotected 1st rders (HA!), Childress to start for us? Neither are going to happen, so let's get something potentially of tremendous value to the team at little risk as project centers don't lose their value!

W

Quote:

This is from Hoopshype..

do you really think we can get Phil? smirk.gif

Quote:

NOBODY can name a better, more available center prospect than Bynum, NOBODY, and while ZaZa is decent, he is exactly NOT the type of hybrid Pf/center without defense or the ability to own the lane on either end that you want to pair two Sfs with!

The key word being PROSPECT. You do realize that we are trying to make the playoffs this year. With a dwindling fanbase we have no time to wait for our center of the future to develop. I say we get the most productive player based on what we need. If that is Mihm then it is mihm. I am not saying that Mihm is an all star but we know what he can give us now instead of him being a project that may or may not become good. Really how many of these guys actually pan out. The problem with some of you fellow Hawks fans is that you want an all star in every position instead of solid consistent players. We have enough young players now we need veterans.

I think we have time to wait, I just think Walter's highly overestimating Bynum's potential. I think he could be a decent center, I think its highly unlikely he'll be close to a great center, and I don't have much confidence that he'll ever be much better than a guy like Zaza.

He might, but there's no evidence that he will. He's a project. He's not the kind of project that Dwight Howard is, he's the kind of project that evry well could end up doing NOTHING.

I would trade Al for him any day of the week, but no one else from the team is getting tossed in there unless something good is coming back.

Quote:

I think we have time to wait, I just think Walter's highly overestimating Bynum's potential. I think he could be a decent center, I think its highly unlikely he'll be close to a great center, and I don't have much confidence that he'll ever be much better than a guy like Zaza.

He might, but there's no evidence that he will. He's a project. He's not the kind of project that Dwight Howard is, he's the kind of project that evry well could end up doing NOTHING.

Basically how I feel. How anyone could be so confident that this particular center project will exceed his hype is beyond me.

• Premium Member

That's only if you assume that Bynum can be special and Mihm Can't. However, the truth is that we know what Mihm can do and we don't know much about Bynum.

It's funny that the less we know about a guy, the more praise he receives on this board. Ron, you were not hear a couple of years ago... But a couple of years ago before the draft, if Paul's name came up... You heard all sorts of things.

1. He's too short.

2. He doesn't play well against Big Centers.

3. The low blow he gave to that guy from NC State means that he has character issues.

who did we want...

Marvin. Why? He sat the bench in college so we knew less about him.

Now, who would you rather have at this moment??

I'm not saying that Mihm = Paul. I'm saying that Hawksquawkers are quick to jump on the Bynum bandwagon but they've never watched him, they know very little about him, and the truth is that his own coaching advisors and coaching staff has put up some red flags about his work ethic and "fire" and we're quick to ignore it!

Hawksqauwk is full of guys who will play let's make a deal and will give up the $5000.00 for what's behind Curtain #3.

• Premium Member

I was actually saying much of the same against Paul on realgm. He *is* too short and small to be an effective defensive player and his horrible play on defense last year proved it. I still believe we should have drafted Deron Williams. But that's not here or there.

I would rather take on a legit seven footer with a big body and athletic ability whose shown he has some "fire" with his dunk and attitude against Shaq than a guy whose mediocre and will never get better. Mihm won't do beans to help this team with Wright on board. Bynum? Who knows. Maybe he's just another Priest Lauderdale. Maybe he's Moses Malone. Maybe he's somewhere inbetween. Either way its better than what we have now and its a cheap salary to take on to see.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I was actually saying much of the same against Paul on realgm. He *is* too short and small to be an effective defensive player and his horrible play on defense last year proved it. I still believe we should have drafted Deron Williams. But that's not here or there.

I would rather take on a legit seven footer with a big body and athletic ability whose shown he has some "fire" with his dunk and attitude against Shaq than a guy whose mediocre and will never get better. Mihm won't do beans to help this team with Wright on board. Bynum? Who knows. Maybe he's just another Priest Lauderdale. Maybe he's Moses Malone. Maybe he's somewhere inbetween. Either way its better than what we have now and its a cheap salary to take on to see.

If it is just the playoffs we want this year, get Mihm. We still won't get there with him and next year he leaves. If it's title contention you're after, got to be bold and acquire a gifted prospect who can potentially make your team several levels better when you can.

W