• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has JJ moved to the realm of UNTOUCHABLE?

Diesel

Quote:

You just don't like the fact that he said it?

Sure about him needing to work on a jump shot. That don't stop him from neing a star though. Also don't compare a person who's had 4 years college, and 4 years extra of NBA exp to a kid that came outta highschool two years ago. D12 avg more points, and pulls downs more rebounds than Mihm, only 2 years otta high school. He has done things that the Shaqs, Zos, and Duncans (which are all stars today)have done early in the young careeres. They all came out of college. This kid is outta HS.

He will be a star. That kid is special. wink.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

you seem to do that often. Though you take a long time getting around to it.

As I said, and you agreed with, they both lack skills that they need to work on. Thanks.

No I dont agree and don't put words in my mouth. This is what you said, "While Howards size and body lend to him having a greater impact initially. I think his lack of shooting ability may set him behind smooth in the long run."

And this I do not agree with

• Moderators

Quote:

The Magic fan that I know can't seem to stop singing the praises of.....Milicic. And since he watches all the games I am more inclined to believe him than you.

Darko is improving but anyone who watched last season and thought "Darko > Howard" needs to get their perscriptions updated. They may be the same age but Howard is obviously ahead of that curve as far as impact on the floor.

He isn't a superstar yet but he is already a guy who can play with the vets and he is only going to get better.

Quote:

Darko is improving but anyone who watched last season and thought "Darko > Howard" needs to get their perscriptions updated.

The Magic fan I know never said Darko>Howard although there are things that Darko does noticably better.

On defense Darko moves his feet extremely well, cutting off drives. He always puts up his hands when someone takes a shot anywhere near him even when he isn't trying to block a shot, which he does well.

And obviously Darko is a better shooter. I think the fan's reaction had more to do with being surprised with Darko since his expectations for Darko were low at first.

• Premium Member

I agree that Darko is a lot better than people give him credit for. Once he got some steady minutes in Orlando he started playing with more confidence and you could see it on defense especially. Darko and Howard could be a terrific 1-2 punch in the paint but I am really hoping that in two years Dwight decides to return home and signs a max offer sheet with the Hawks.

Quote:

Too bad it doesn't explain your logic on your Mihm vs. Howard comparison.

Mihm is widely seen as an average center, that is all. Yet the great Howard blocks the exact same number of shots.

And youth isn't much of an excuse for shot blocking. See Josh Smith.

And Howard played 37 min per game this year, 10 more than Mihm did 2 years ago.

Quote:

You just don't like the fact that he said it?

I could careless who says what, but i have every right to point out things that are just not true. He asked bout the USA team, I gave him what he wanted to know, he spoke up on a Mihm comparison, I shook that up, he spoke on DH's Character, I spoke up on that too. He said I was reading press clips and needed to watch his "game" before I go speaking up on it, and I addressed that too. No one is overrating him. He is everything that people sing praises about. Not one person claimed him to be a superstar, yet.

You all seem to pick and choose what you want to address and when someone has a valid fact backing rebutle. Yall seem to forget certain things you've said....Funny

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Darko is improving but anyone who watched last season and thought "Darko > Howard" needs to get their perscriptions updated.

The Magic fan I know never said Darko>Howard although there are things that Darko does noticably better.

On defense Darko moves his feet extremely well, cutting off drives. He always puts up his hands when someone takes a shot anywhere near him even when he isn't trying to block a shot, which he does well.

And obviously Darko is a better shooter. I think the fan's reaction had more to do with being surprised with Darko since his expectations for Darko were low at first.

I can understand Darko exceeding low expectations more than Howard but then who cares that the Orlando guy was singing praises more about Darko if he recognizes that Howard is significantly better and less experienced right now?

Quote:

I can understand Darko exceeding low expectations more than Howard but then who cares that the Orlando guy was singing praises more about Darko if he recognizes that Howard is significantly better and less experienced right now?

The significance is that, according to someone who watches the all his games, Howard is not as great as he is getting credit for here. His motor is incosistent, his defense isn't that great and he can't shoot a lick.

In other words he is being overrated here. He may be great one day but isn't now.

The significance is that, according to someone who watches the all his games, Howard is not as great as he is getting credit for here. His motor is incosistent, his defense isn't that great and he can't shoot a lick.

In other words he is being overrated here. He may be great one day but isn't now.

So basicaly you don't know what you are talking about. You are riding someone elses jock? And you talk about me reading press clips. I bet I've seen in person more D Howard games that you have seen on tv.

One of the reasons he is on the USA team is because of his mobility, crazy. His consistancy of being able to be in the right place at the right time. His ability to snatch rebounds and put them back up on the offensive side of the court. His hustle. His glaring Upside. He's so fast to be so big....blah blah blah. I could go on and on, but i'm not. By the way I got those words strait from the coaches mouth! Now how you like that?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

It is too anecdotal for my tastes. I guarantee I can come up with 5 Orlando posters on realgm in 10 minutes who would say that Howard is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know where that would really get anyone, though.