• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Harrington quoted: 5 team wish list

gsuteke

Yeah right! Al would love to play with the Lakers and we have already been in talks with them. I know he quoted that but i'm sure he wouldn't mind going there since they are a sure fire playoff team.

i couldn't find the article from you link (and i'm too lazy to search all over for it). but let me guess the five...

indy(offering jack-doody and a mid/late 1st)

minny(doesn't have jack-doody outside of kg, not happening)

boston(young pg?)

gs(offering $40mil troy jack-doody murphy)

denver(camby?)

first time i think i've seen boston mentioned. i would hope they are looking hard at denver or boston. possibly lakers if their in it (perennialy good/great team, great history, where al calls home--he would love playing there). if he didn't mention them it's because he knows it's a very real possibility there and he wants to raise the bidding. i'm hoping they can get either a real starter at center (camby; maybe/maybe not mihm; or possibly bynum for the future) or a point for the future (like one of the celtics youngin's). we have two great value 5s, but neither are serious starters that would ever get any kind of sniff at an all-star vote. as far a pg goes, i like speedy, glad we got him, but until he proves it over the course of the season as a starter, i'm holding out on declaring him the answer at point for beyond this season. he hasn't proved anything yet to me, so i would feel more confident having someone in the wings waiting to take over if need be as starter in the last year or two of speedy's contract.

isn't kendrick and perkins the same person? if he could play more center than power forward so we could have mw and js on the floor at the same time, i wouldn't mind it. that's why i'd be looking for more of a 5 than a 4. we just drafted two 4s and ideally would like to find time for josh and marvin playing together.

Interesting trade off of the Realgm board. Seems pretty equitable.

So ya'll are saying we are ready 2 go and be a champhionship team? I hope so, but it's not true! We could use another PG, if we can do a 3 way how about this:

LAL SENDS: Bynum, Mckie, Smush, 1st

LAL GETS: Al Harrington, Lue, 2nd

ATL SENDS: Al Harrington, Lue, Edwards

ATL GETS: Knight, 1st, Bynum

CHA SENDS: Knight, 2nd

CHA GETS: Smush, Mckie, Edwards

AWESOME TRADE! WE GET A VET PG, ANOTHER BIG, and A 1st!

cut and paste job. the stupid link is pizzing me off.

Advertisement

Home › Sports › Nuggets & NBA

Anthony OK after scare

Anthony is day to day after hurting a knee against Brazil.STORY TOOLS

Email this story | Print

RELATED STORIES

Former NBA All-Star Eddie Johnson accused of sexually assaulting 8-year-old

MORE STORIES

Anthony recovering well in China

Anthony OK after scare

Former NBA All-Star Eddie Johnson accused of sexually assaulting 8-year-old

Anthony injured in Team USA win

Kleiza ready for matchup with Anthony

By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News

August 9, 2006

Nuggets fans might have held their breath after Carmelo Anthony careened into his bench Tuesday. But there appears to be little to worry about.

The Nuggets forward, suffered a hyperextended right knee in Team USA's 90-86 win against Brazil in an exhibition game in Guangzhou, China.

While chasing a loose ball with 2:21 to play in the first half, Anthony tumbled into the bench and did not immediately get up.

"All initial reports were that it was a mild hyperextension," Nuggets athletic trainer Jim Gillen said. "There was no structural damage. He is day to day. . . . (It's) good news."

Gillen has had conversations with Team USA doctors and trainers. The team was playing its second exhibition game in China in preparation for the World Championship, Aug. 19 to Sept. 3 in Japan.

The injury forced Anthony out of the game after he scored 16 points.

"After the game, (Anthony) did some media and he walked to the bus," Team USA publicist Craig Miller said from Hong Kong.

Miller said Anthony was scheduled to have a routine examination today in Hong Kong, which is 15 hours ahead of Denver. The team didn't practice today and next plays Sunday against Lithuania in Seoul, South Korea.

HARRINGTON INTERESTED: Free agent forward Al Harrington said the Nuggets have contacted Arn Tellem, who officially becomes his agent Aug. 16.

"Yeah, definitely," Harrington said of his interest in going to the Nuggets in a sign-and-trade. "When you look at Denver's situation, they want to make some noise."

Harrington last week fired his agent, Andy Miller, citing "personal reasons." In addition to the Nuggets, he said he is interested in Indiana, Boston, Golden State and Minnesota.

ETC.: Gillen said guard Julius Hodge, shot four times while driving April 8, will begin workouts late next week in Denver and should be at full strength by the Oct. 3 start of training camp. Gillen also said forward Nene, recovering from a torn right anterior cruciate ligament, will start contact work late this month and also should be at full strength for camp . . . Nuggets coach George Karl, who underwent surgery for prostate cancer July 28, 2005, at the Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City, will return to the city for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation Golf Classic and Gala on Monday and Tuesday . . . Ann Frick, a lawyer at the Jacobs Chase law firm in Denver, has been named arbitrator in the suit Joe Santos has filed against Nene. Nene's former personal assistant alleges Nene signed a deal granting him 6 percent of Nene's income . . . Anthony will do an online chat Thursday on www.sohu.com, a Chinese site.

Guest Walter

As much as I want Bynum to fix the majority of this team's problems we should be laughed off the stage for such deal mentionings even if they are just rumors.

We will have to overpay talent-wise to get Bynum, but it's not talent we have (Al) or use (JC), Bynum has more potential than both, Bynum is the utter opposite in terms of team needs, and for us a true center who can dominant the post on both ends is as much a catalyst for our team as Nash is for Pheonix. With 2, Sfs potentially starting we cannot play with centers like ZaZa, Lo, Mihm or the like. There will be no better, cheaper, more ideal opportunity to fill the 2-way dominant center need than here and now with Bynum. Folks, especially BK need to realize that. NOBODY can name a better, cheaper option for us. NOBODY!!! Overpay if that's what you want to call it (it isn't) to get the player that solves your team's massive problems!

Quote:

LAL SENDS: Bynum, Mckie, Smush, 1st

LAL GETS: Al Harrington, Lue, 2nd

ATL SENDS: Al Harrington, Lue, Edwards

ATL GETS: Knight, 1st, Bynum

CHA SENDS: Knight, 2nd

CHA GETS: Smush, Mckie, Edwards

AWESOME TRADE! WE GET A VET PG, ANOTHER BIG, and A 1st!

If I'm not mistaken, Boston has two ending contracts they can deal in Vin Baker and Brian Grant. Those two combined would come to around $7 million or so. Maybe $8 million.

I think the Hawks would want Rajon Rondo in the deal, so the deal would have to wait till after the date Boston is allowed to deal Rajon Rondo on.

Wow so we still have a chance at Rajon? What's the time frame till he can be dealt?

IMO Rondo would be a perfect understudy to Speedy. He's young, comes cheap (salary wise), and has all the upside in the world. Let him learn the ropes under Claxton slowly, and then turn the reins over to him. Another young gun added to the core.

Make it happen B.K.!

Quote:

the hawks seen totally disinterested in taking on one year rentals. they'd rather save the money.

if the Hawks will take on the equivalent of 8 million in one year contracts the AL possibilities increase 10 fold.

That seems to be the case, and it's a little disturbing.

• Moderators

Quote:

Get Rajon and send him to "Remedial Shooting of the Basketball" classes for a year - followed up by a year of "How to make Free Throws"...if he graduates from both - send him to the NBDL.

In the summer league, Rondo averaged 10.4 points, 5.8 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 2.2 steals per game while shooting a very high % from the floor. He has shown nothing but promise in the early going of his NBA career. He looked a hell of a lot better than lottery pick and 3rd year NBA player Sebastian Telfair.