• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Dillema

Johnnybravo4

Things are going to be interesting around January. Since Shelden will get so much playing time with Marvin's injury I am predicting that he will put up numbers similar to Okafor. 12-14ppg/9-10 rebounds. And based upon his preseason numbers that is not beyond the realm of possibility. So the dillema is this. When Marvin comes back, would you start him, assuming that those are shelden's numbers? (also assuming that Josh puts up numbers similar to the last half of last season.)

I don't think that you could bench Shelden at that point.

we were already talking about Josh or Marvin being possibly benched in favor of Shellhead before this injury.

we'll see how it plays out. i was on the way back to work and heard the news about Marvin on ESPN radio.

i shot a 93 today and then this crap happens. not a good afternoon.

now that I've thought about it maybe the Hawks will be OK.

to be honest with you the first thing that ran through my mind though was we will be just good enough to give Phx that pick.

Quote:

That's good I can't even break 100. I suck so bad that my group finished last in a golf tournament and we all won 6 free lessons at the PGA Superstore.

haha i hear ya

i shot an 84 yesterday. the course we played today was alot tougher.

it used to be the course in Augusta before the National was built. if you know anything about golf you'll recognize the name Bobby Jones. this used to be his home course.

Arnold Palmer's company redid the greens 5 or so years ago. this year during the Masters he inspected them and decided to redo 6 of them because they are simply too difficult for amateur golfers.

i'm going to shoot elsewhere tomorrow afternoon to get the ego back up grin.gif

keep going out there and you will improve. the key is to play atleast once a week. also start walking. it improves your concentration level. when you get your score down you can start riding again.

Quote:

...to be honest with you the first thing that ran through my mind though was we will be just good enough to give Phx that pick.

Now Shelden will earn his #5 money (and he will)...Zaza, Shelden, Josh, JJ, and Speedy/TLue (due to Speedy's injury)...JChillz and Boze off the bench along with LO and Este/Greek.

MW will be OK...he will be fine when he comes back.

We got lucky last year as far as injuries went...now we can handle them.

Quote:

Quote:

...to be honest with you the first thing that ran through my mind though was we will be just good enough to give Phx that pick.

Now Shelden will earn his #5 money (and he will)...Zaza, Shelden, Josh, JJ, and Speedy/TLue (due to Speedy's injury)...JChillz and Boze off the bench along with LO and Este/Greek.

MW will be OK...he will be fine when he comes back.

We got lucky last year as far as injuries went...now we can handle them.

without Marvin 2007?

Salim has to benefit from Marvin's injury more than any other Hawk, with the exceptions of Freije (who makes the cut over Big G) and of course, Shelden, who will most likely start now.

I say this because Salim has the potential to be the 2nd best scorer on the team behind JJ and he has proven that he can really put up the points. So with Marvin out for a month or so, we're gonna need an extra scoring punch off the bench.

You guys think there is any chance that Solomon will step up and get some p.t.? He doesn't have to be a big numbers guy, but plug the center with some blocks on the second team. Hanging out with Lo has to be a huge shot in the arm. Looks like a young Theo Ratliff. Gonna take some time to muscle up though.

Quote:

Quote:

That's good I can't even break 100. I suck so bad that my group finished last in a golf tournament and we all won 6 free lessons at the PGA Superstore.

haha i hear ya

i shot an 84 yesterday. the course we played today was alot tougher.

it used to be the course in Augusta before the National was built. if you know anything about golf you'll recognize the name Bobby Jones. this used to be his home course.

Arnold Palmer's company redid the greens 5 or so years ago. this year during the Masters he inspected them and decided to redo 6 of them because they are simply too difficult for amateur golfers.

i'm going to shoot elsewhere tomorrow afternoon to get the ego back up grin.gif

keep going out there and you will improve. the key is to play atleast once a week. also start walking. it improves your concentration level. when you get your score down you can start riding again.

THat's ironic because I also play a Bobby Jones course. There is one off of Northside Drive in Atlanta...although BJ would roll in his grave if he knew that course was named after him.

The most frustrating thing is that I am 6'1 240 and can bench over 400lbs but I cant drive the ball more than 250 yds...yet Michelle Wie can get up there and blast em 300 yards.

Quote:

Things are going to be interesting around January. Since Shelden will get so much playing time with Marvin's injury I am predicting that he will put up numbers similar to Okafor. 12-14ppg/9-10 rebounds. And based upon his preseason numbers that is not beyond the realm of possibility. So the dillema is this. When Marvin comes back, would you start him, assuming that those are shelden's numbers? (also assuming that Josh puts up numbers similar to the last half of last season.)

I don't think that you could bench Shelden at that point.

Marvin will obviously have to acclimate into the rotation. Surely there maybe a "dilemma" at that time. As for now the question is moot. Preparation for next week is not a Marvin issue,it is an issue concerning those available. Chillz should work in the 3 and Salim and Lue shall maintain the rotation behind JJ.

Therereally should not be much different because of our versitility and depth.

• Premium Member

I hope we have a question about playing time due to production on the court. However I fear what Shellhead is going to do when the games actually count. Ah well. My largest fear for this season (outside the Belkin situation) is that we play well enough to give the pick away to Phoenix and still don't make the playoffs.

Quote:

I hope we have a question about playing time due to production on the court. However I fear what Shellhead is going to do when the games actually count. Ah well. My largest fear for this season (outside the Belkin situation) is that we play well enough to give the pick away to Phoenix and still don't make the playoffs.

what is different about playing "when the games actually count?"

you catch the ball. you put the ball in the basket. you try to keep the other team from putting the ball in the opposite basket.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

what is different about playing "when the games actually count?"

you catch the ball. you put the ball in the basket. you try to keep the other team from putting the ball in the opposite basket.

It is the same thing as summer league ball. Pre-season basketball is not the same as the regular season.

• Premium Member

Exactly. There is a different intensity, playcalling, preparation hell even the refeering isn't the same. Shellhead looked beyond horrible in SL, he looked average in the preseason, who knows what's going to happen in the regular season?

Quote:

Exactly. There is a different intensity, playcalling, preparation hell even the refeering isn't the same. Shellhead looked beyond horrible in SL, he looked average in the preseason, who knows what's going to happen in the regular season?

Shelden will be a 10/7 player like he's been all pre-season. tongue.gif

If Shelden is averaging a double double and we are winning, I think Marvin will be coming off the bench and that is fine with me. If Shelden is averaging a double double and we are losing, I think it will depend on what Smoove is doing as to whether or not Shelden heads to the bench.

Quote:

...Shelden will be a 10/7 player like he's been all pre-season.
tongue.gif

I think Shelden might be more of a 14/9 player. He seems to be an "action guy". It's not so much points and rebounds that concern me about Shelden, it's mistakes and turnovers. I'm not sure he has fully adjusted to the speed of the nba game yet. We will see.

I previously mentioned that SW could be in a good spot (at least for the first month of the season or so)...Bozeman could be even better off. An undrafted F/A rook who will now likely get some minutes holding the lineup together through the middle of the game...depending on who gets in foul trouble. He could do well.