• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jesus bitching at his pgs

exodus

Frustrated Allen Calls Out Sonics Offense

5th December, 2006 - 9:54 am

Seattle Times -

Without pointing a finger or singling anybody out, Ray Allen attributed the bulk of the Sonics' problems to the point guards' handling of the offense and a lack of frontcourt scoring, with the exception of forward Rashard Lewis.

The shooting guard's frustrations have been building since the start of the season. And during the course of this disappointing 7-11 campaign, he has made pointed, but not overly critical statements about the offense.

It was only a matter of time before Allen had a meltdown, and on Saturday night, he came as close as he has all season.

"Offensively, the ball never came to my side," he said. "I tell Luke [Ridnour] and Earl [Watson] that they got to get me involved in the game in the first three quarters instead of waiting and trying to figure out what's going to happen, because I do some good things out there on the floor.

"Teams sit a man in my pocket, so my point guard has to do a better job of getting me in the flow of the game, because it's only going to result in good shots for them

Ridnour is an interesting player, and he'll no doubt get a huge contract in the coming offseason. I'm not sure he's a player we want to go after, though. I've gotten the impression that he's not a good defensive player from the few times I've seen him. That may be because the Sonics are so bad defensively as a team. I dunno. That team just sickens me, though. They have some major talent (Allen, Lewis, Ridnour), but they can't stop anyone.

Quote:

Ridnour is an interesting player, and he'll no doubt get a huge contract in the coming offseason. I'm not sure he's a player we want to go after, though. I've gotten the impression that he's not a good defensive player from the few times I've seen him. That may be because the Sonics are so bad defensively as a team. I dunno. That team just sickens me, though. They have some major talent (Allen, Lewis, Ridnour), but they can't stop anyone.

Oh well we don't want to sign any bad defenders. I just want someone who can get dribble penetration and find the open man. That would make us so much better offensively.

But yeah, we don't want any defensive liabilities either.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Ridnour is an interesting player, and he'll no doubt get a huge contract in the coming offseason. I'm not sure he's a player we want to go after, though.

The Sonics already extended him, supposedly to a 3 yr., $18M deal. Speedy's deal is comparable.

Did all of you miss the boat when out of training camp, the talk was Ridnour would be benched and basically assume a back up role because of his poor play. Then Watson started the first 3 games and played awful. Ridnour has had an awful last 60 games or so. He got less and less time last year toward the end.

LOL . . but he looked pretty good against us in the last meeting with Seattle.

It'll be interesting to see how tonight's game will turn out, now that Speedy is starting to regain his form. He missed the last Seattle game, and Luke dropped 20 on us. We'll see if Speedy can limit Luke on offense, and force him into some bad turnovers.

I remember a game last year against against Denver last year when Watson was there. Lue didn't score a point on Watson. he scored only when Watson was out of the game or got picked off.

That was the game that Lue hit that 3 over Elson to win the game. Watson got picked off on that play. I would expect Watson will play most of the minutes when Lue is on the floor.

Quote:

..."Offensively, the ball never came to my side," he said. "I tell Luke [Ridnour] and Earl [Watson] that they got to get me involved in the game in the first three quarters instead of waiting and trying to figure out what's going to happen, because I do some good things out there on the floor.

"Teams sit a man in my pocket, so my point guard has to do a better job of getting me in the flow of the game, because it's only going to result in good shots for them

Good ole selfless Ray - he's basically saying 'get me the ball and it will result in good shots for you' - LOL.

(can't deny his talent though).

Quote:

Frustrated Allen Calls Out Sonics Offense

Teams are sometimes sitting a defender in both of JJ pockets. I would doubt JJ, even if things got terrible, ever going to the media to call folks out. He is a consummate professional. As Smoove has eluded to earlier JJ does quietly get in their ears. That you can count on.