• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

quick and longterm fix.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Trade for Jacque Vaughn.

I mentioned before...

Nazr/Glover to Orlando for Miller/Vaughn/Declerq.

Why?

Orlando needs a big man.

We need a PG.

Give BIg Dog a chance with a PG.

Move JT to SG.

If Big Dog doesn't work out with the PG... We have Miller to replace him and we can trade off his salary for an ending Salary before the deadline.

However, give this squad a chance with a quality PG... Terry as SG.

Oh... and Play Zone.

Was it me, or did he not make plays while he was here?

I know he split time with Emanual Davis, but when JT was at the 2 last year, didn't we lose a lot?

Vaughn was OK, but couldn't be depended on to make shots or even dribble penetrate and create shots.

Is there a reason that he isn't getting more run in ORL?

Here is a link to his stats line....not very impressive...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teamstats?team=orl

I would like Miller, though....

• Premium Member

JT played better with Vaughn as his backcourt mate than anybody else.

Now that was when we had IRA playing SF and Nazr at C.

If you change that... and put Big Dog at Sf and Theo at C.. We become Dangerous. Now we have a SG/SF/PF that can score and a PG that can hand out assists all day.

• Premium Member

What does Washington Want?

Word is that Collins is saying that Brown is not being shopped. However, if we have something that they want, I don't see a problem.

Here's a trade... I'd Give Washington a First for this:

Atlanta trades: C Theo Ratliff (7.7 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 29.4 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PF Kwame Brown (7.8 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 23.1 minutes)

PG Larry Hughes (13.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.2 apg in 33.6 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +13.7 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and +3.3 apg.

Washington trades: PF Kwame Brown (7.8 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 23.1 minutes)

PG Larry Hughes (13.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.2 apg in 33.6 minutes)

Washington receives: C Theo Ratliff (7.7 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 37 games)

Change in team outlook: -13.7 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and -3.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Washington being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Washington had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 879909

No way in [censored] Washington would ever consider that.

Theo only gives you 2 points, 2 rebounds, and 1 block more than Haywood, who plays 8 fewer minutes. Haywood is also much, much cheaper.

Kwame was the #1 Pick only a year ago. He's shown flashes that he will be a great player, and he's still very young. He's not some #1 bust who has spent his career as a journeyman.

Hughes is a pure PG, either, if that's what you were looking for. He and JT could probably work in the backcourt together, but it won't happen.

I never did that! I'm just pointing out that when the Hawks were at their best, JT, Dermar, Ira, Shareef, & Nazr played the bulk of the minutes. Vaughn played backup minutes.

It is true, that the Hawks haven't had a true NBA caliber guard to play alongside JT this season. Dickau has potential, but he's just learning, and has yet to find his stroke. Wilks and Ira are good defenders, but neither is any kind of an offensive threat. And Email, is Email.

The Hawks do need a quality guard to play alongside JT, but I don't think that Vaughn provides much more than the guys we already have.

• Admin

I think MJ has ruined his confidence, as MJ is known to do to young players. He just pushes him too hard and lays too many "You've gotta want it" speeches on him. We saw what he is capable of doing at the beginning of the season. He was looking like a #1 pick and then some. I would take a chance on him.