• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we win 20 games?

TroyMcClure

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go out on a limb and say that yes we will indeed win another game. And it is a good bet I won't be watching live.

After last nights debacle I have decided to start watching some real basketball... ie other teams. If the Hawks play a good game i'll catch the delayed replay on NBA.com.

Quote:

...we'll win 20 games or fewer. That will be bad enough to be worst in the league.

This team will really impress me if they can pull together a good tank job.

Only a moron would think we are only going to win 10 or less more games.

When we get Josh Smith back and JJ gets healthy along with everyone else, we'll be the same team that started 4-1.

Only a team of morons would try to win slightly more than 20 games in this incredible draft.

Note that I didn't say I thought we *would* win fewer than 20. Reading comprehension is hard, but you can do it with hard work!

I am suspicious we'll win something pathetic like 28 and lose our pick. Yay! Lost pick! Yay! Lost chance for improvement! Yay! Long-term mediocrity with no end in sight!

First, there's no need to call anyone on this board a "moron" or "retard". We all have opinions and concerns - no excuse for personal jabs.

Second, how can you NOT think it's a legitimate question? You speak of a lighter schedule, getting healthy, etc>

However, the facts are that even with our best players in tact, we completely folded in the 4th quarter. We have no offensive or defensive schemes. And most importantly, THIS TEAM HAS QUIT.

Having said that, and assuming Woody stays, what makes you think we'll win a single game the rest of the way - let alone 10 more?

Quote:

I am suspicious we'll win something pathetic like 28 and lose our pick. Yay! Lost pick! Yay! Lost chance for improvement! Yay! Long-term mediocrity with no end in sight!

At Center...Greg Oden

At Pf...Dwight Howard

At Pg...Shaun Livingston

At Sf...Kevin Durant

vs the All "Hawks' meaningless moral victories" team!

At Sg...Bobby Sura

At Pg...Tyron Lue

At 6th man...Josh Childress

Starting for Pheonix...???

Note: If we also included lousy drafting we'd have an NBA All-star team for the next 5-10 years.

W

Quote:

Quote:

At Center...Greg Oden

At Pf...Dwight Howard

At Pg...Shaun Livingston

At Sf...Kevin Durant

At Sg...Bobby Sura

At Pg...Tyron Lue

Note: If we also included lousy drafting we'd have an NBA All-star team for the next 5-10 years.

W

Let's say best case scenerio Oden is a 10/10 player. Are we going to all of a sudden make the playoffs considering that we have a point guard who can't shoot or stay healthy and a #2 pick who has yet to develop, and a coach who can't coach?

Quote:

Let's say best case scenerio Oden is a 10/10 player. Are we going to all of a sudden make the playoffs considering that we have a point guard who can't shoot or stay healthy and a #2 pick who has yet to develop, and a coach who can't coach?

1st) Oden's rookie impact will be greater than 10/10/2 (not to mention his long-term impact will be huge) AND at center his impact is one that makes every single player better.

2nd) I never said we couldn't address other issues while also getting Oden. Use the Indy 1st to get a Pg prospect. Trade MW and the Indy pick for an even better Pg? There are many ways to address other needs.

3) I most certainly want a different coach next season.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

At Center...Greg Oden

At Pf...Dwight Howard

At Pg...Shaun Livingston

At Sf...Kevin Durant

At Sg...Bobby Sura

At Pg...Tyron Lue

W

If that 10/10 comes along with superior interior defense then, coupled with the improving core of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Josh Childress, it would likely be enough to catapult the Hawks into the playoffs.

This would be assuming a capable coach was brought in as well.

Yes, we'd probably make the playoffs with a center that can block shots like Oden, even if he "struggles" offensively to start.

Your 10/10/2 as a "best-case" for Oden is laughable. Sure, he might put up 10/10 in his rookie year, but that's far from best case.

I'd say best case, given that he will be 19-20 yrs old, would be something like 20/11/4. That's not likely, given his youth and inexperience, but would that really overly surprise anyone here (except Bravo)?

Despite that, even if he puts up 10/10/2, that will be so much better than Zaza's garbage (no defense, poor rebounding, bad shooting percentage). If JJ/Smoove and either Marvin or Chill played all year with at least 1 healthy PG and a 10/10/2 center, it would be a playoff team.

Point is when i made that comment I was being sarcastic about the Hawks only making the playoffs a few times in the 90's since most of them were 1st round exits anyways. Of course you blew it up and called me a moron for it. Sorry I missed the other couple of 1st round exits we had!

Quote:

Your 10/10/2 as a "best-case" for Oden is laughable. Sure, he might put up 10/10 in his rookie year, but that's far from best case.

I'd say best case, given that he will be 19-20 yrs old, would be something like 20/11/4.

In 37.9 MPG (Whew. Alot for a rookie!) 23.4 PPG, 13.9 RPG, 3.5 BPG, 0.7 SPG, 1.9 APG, 3.8 TOs, 56% FG%, 59% FT%.

Oden will have two less years of college than Shaq when he enters the NBA, but considering they have nearly identical freshmen stats including MPG to this point DESPITE ODEN'S INJURY and recalling Shaq's sophomore explosion, Oden will compare favorably very soon...could exceed Shaq (I know, blaspheme.).

So yes, 10/10 (snicker, at least in the PPG collumn) is likely only if Oden plays 20 MPG. He's a very grown player and I don't see much problem with 28-30 MPG for him.

W

• 5 weeks later...

Quote:

I say no, without a coaching change. With a change, even an assistant, I think we win 20. BK had his chance recently to fire Woodson. He didn't. BK must go. The Spirit must go. Belkin is not worse than this. We are a joke.

Perhaps I misinterpreted this thread. Did you mean 20 wins before the All Star break???

Quote:

Quote:

I say no, without a coaching change. With a change, even an assistant, I think we win 20. BK had his chance recently to fire Woodson. He didn't. BK must go. The Spirit must go. Belkin is not worse than this. We are a joke.

Perhaps I misinterpreted this thread. Did you mean 20 wins before the All Star break???

Maybe he means, 20 more after the All-Star game.

ernaehrung014.gif

Quote:

Quote:

tmac.jpg